🔷 AKG K371

Sorry. :stuck_out_tongue:

If you’re allergic to graphs :stuck_out_tongue:

K371, according to multiple measurements from multiple sources = Sub-bass boost +5dB, beautifully neutral mids for monitoring, and okay treble and “air”, so, these closed-back won’t sound closed (or “claustrophobic”.

That harman bass :weary::ok_hand:

Not allergic, I simply don’t put any stock into them.

There seems to be a Bluetooth version of the K371 and K361 newly released (not that the originals are that old). It seems a bit odd to me to release a separate version so soon, let alone have a bluetooth verson of a headphone marketed towards studio use.
From comparing with the non-bluetooth 371, it looks like the differences are:

• add 45g of weight
  • add $30 cost
  • add BT5 (no mention of aptX)
  • 40 hours battery life (claimed)
  • Wired listening still an option
  • take away the 3m straight cable
  • on paper specs seem to stay the same (frequency response, sensitivity, impedance)
1 Like

PSA to all metal heads. This headphone is really good for Metal music. Nice neutral even response. Sub bass to bass is quite powerful but the mid bass is neutral with the rest of the frequency response which means these never sound boomy. Guitars have a lot of grit, these have pretty good vocal intimacy, everything seems well separated despite the soundstage being narrow. So far I really like these. Now to test the gaming performance.

5 Likes

Not sure if you can see it in the picture but there’s a small dent on the driver. Mine still works perfectly fine and I haven’t noticed anything wrong with the sound. This could be why some people have issues with the sound of there unit.

Is this a good representation of the harman target? Is there anything better specifically for that under $500 cad ($380 usd)?

This is a pretty solid option to get a taste of harman lol, can recommend if you want that

Yeah I’d like a reference for that I’m thinking… and they’re at a local store here… very surprising

Thanks mon

1 Like

AKG K371 FR - Oratory1990 measurements v3

Senn HE-1 FR - Oratory1990 measurements

Just sayin’ (grin) …

4 Likes

Lol, have you picked them up yet?

Nope. The latest Harman target jest ain’t ma thang. But if it were it’s always just an EQ change away.

OTOH, I could always cover a cardboard box with marble-pattern shelf paper, put my laptop inside, run the K371’s cable through a hole in the box and tell people they’re listening to a $70K Orpheus headphone…

1 Like

Well, I would say anyone who has experience with even decent headphones wouldn’t believe that lol, but it would be very fun to do to uninformed

What? You own the K371 and you’ve heard the Orpheus. You tellin’ me there’s an actual difference? The king really has new clothes, lol? Ya gotta be kidding, grin.

Lol, idk, I’m sure someone would fall for it eventually

how do these compare to a Sennheiser HD650?

The k371 is pretty much a perfect
harman target signature so the bass and treble are more elevated whereas the hd650 is mid forward and dark… quite different but both really nice

1 Like

Can it keep up in detail, resolution, soundstage and imaging with the HD650? Or is it a class lower like HD58x?

its a tier under the hd650 in terms of technicalities imo… soundstage is about the same though