Anime discussion thread

Man if you can swing it physical is the way to go. Especially when books get old and they get that smell and look to them… plus its something that is tangible to share with others rather than digital. I 100% get it though I am buying stuff I already consumed at this point. I want to give back. If we get dark with it an emp wont take a book out so there is that bonus lol

2 Likes

kobo ereaders are great for that!

2 Likes

So I didn’t mean to kill the thread with normie trash like Chainsawman, but man that series is delivering for me. This has been a banner year with different series. How is everyone else? I know Bleach is chart topping still, but any other series we can discuss and have some fun with going into the holidays? :smiley:

if you’re into the genre, romantic killer is surprisingly great. likely a hidden gem among the too many good shows this season… it’s on netflix

A fun anime ive been enjoying recently and one i did not expect Reincarnated as a sword ( Tensei shitara Ken Deshita) but has a surprising darker tone sprinkled throughout

2 Likes

I am only watching that because of the OST by Yasuharu Takanashi.

I did enjoy the “Bastard!! Heavy Metal, Dark Fantasy” which also has the same composer.
Along with a GREAT OP track:

1 Like

Oh man, I hope you guys are watching the NieR:Automata Ver1.1a anime. Same OST as the game, not a full 1:1 copy of the game either (based of ep2). I will probably play the game more after it ends, I only played under an hour or so…

1 Like

So here are the latest ones my friend group have enjoyed:

Reincarnated as a Sword- cute with good dialog makes it a B for the isekai watchers

Bofuri S2- still pretty fun, A for my friend, but B for me. Always fun with how she breaks the game.

Vinland Saga S2: pretty strong adaptation so far, really hopeful for completion of both manga and anime, A tier.

Witch from Mercury- wow 2d gundam slaps, very happy with the action and the story is good enough so far imo. Dub btw A tier

Disaffected Adventurers- B tier isekai, but seems fun and interesting for the folks with trash taste like me hehe

Trigun Stampede- I could see folks not liking the CG, but it seems pretty solid. Its clean and the dub is still pretty strong, blast from the past for childhood etc. My friend has not watched any of the original so me hyping up wolfwood better pay off are we both will be pissed . A tier

MHA- the last arc has been pretty good, glad it picked up after building up the villians so much. Still prob A tier.

Handyman Saitou- pretty wholesome and fun, heard it gets dark at one point at least so really looking forward to more. Its still isekai though so prob B tier for most folks.

Oh and for readers I am now current with Chainsawman and Dandadan and loving both. A friend of mine is now working on Demon Slayer and Vinland Saga, and he finished Solo Leveling. It has been awesome js! :smiling_imp:

1 Like

Just a note. I plan on watching DRIFTERS at some point on my Discord. I will likely do a twitch Livestream where everyone can get reactions and share the timestamp there but will have to broadcast on Discord video share. Not sure when I plan that exactly but it is on the to-do list.

PS There are like 2-3 OVAs that I haven’t seen which is why I want to do the full re-watch.

1 Like

you should watch the Eminence in the shadow.

One of my favorite Isekais now.

2 Likes

Yepp we have been watching it weekly. I left it off since i thought I mentioned it earlier. Very funny so we are watching it weekly as well.

Goooooood.

Final episode was epic also loved the Moonlight Sonata scenes.

1 Like

Yea ive been watching both dub and sub, but dub is fresher so i cant wait for the end of the season to see what happens. Again always curious if he gets exposed for BSing his way though everything lol dont answer that!

1 Like

The anime adapted LN 1-2. it has up to 5 volumes atm. (havent read it yet though.)
Praying for season 2.

1 Like

This was a best of 2023 for me… Gigguk did it justice.

So absurd its perfect

4 Likes

Yepp, that ish is awesome. Love to watch it in a group setting to just laugh at the absurdity of it all. :smile:

1 Like

One anime i did not expect is Tondemo Skill de Isekai Hourou Meshi, its light hearted, funny, well animated (its studio mappa ), and really fun to watch overall, it has the “hero has an unusual power” trope, but its done in a fun and amusing way.

it also avoids some of the more annoying tropes that a lot Isekai have like the mandatory harem.
I think we can all appreciate a good Wifu, but every Isekai having 3-5 girls with melon sized breasts constantly throwing themselves at the hero becomes meaningless and kind of old when there is no actual nartive with it.

Probably my favorite cooking related Isekai.

Tbh, I was expecting…

spoilers

the slime to become a waifu sometime later, but apparently not.

Oh and Sui´s (slime) voice is SO DAMN CUTEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.

I think it’s a good idea to get back into some anime from time to time, for I will just be real, I haven’t watched anything lately. Should give Bocchi the Rock a try, I know it may come of as a bit girly and it doesn’t help me much due to my given appearance, but I think it’s going to be blast when there’s a time for me to give it a watch, it’s giving K-On vibes but with a much more things added that made it really popular in the first place, for Bocchi is that good it seems.

Ya the food actually on par with a lot of cooking anime.

if that were to have happen it would have happend to Fel first (it would be really easy to switch his gender)

1 Like