Anime discussion thread

Nope and didnt know of it either.

1 Like

Sir, you got me into solo leveling so please check out dandadan. It is top ten on manga plus without having an anime. It is very good. Got a core heart to the manga but it is about everything basically. So wffin funny at times too. Here is a review that is pretty good that hadls some art etc. https://youtu.be/Sk8VtJ9ELQQ?feature=shared

Edit:
“Makeshift concert in the middle of an exorcism to help my deceased, once aspiring idol, friend move on while trying to avoid getting murdered by a giant monster that is an anthropomorphic school possessed by evil spirits” arc.

Dandadan baby!!! :metal::metal:

1 Like

Tried 4 chapters, was good but not really my jam.

1 Like

Its got good fights and art, but yea thats fine. Its really out there funny with the plot. You would like JiJi. Maybe another time :wink:

1 Like

hot off the presses https://youtu.be/_f6-MqeqhN4?feature=shared

The intro seems good to me. Excited to see more. Shadows are make or break…

SAWANO HYPPPEEEEEEEEEE

Done by GOD. (Hiroyuki Sawano)

1 Like

Just some of the shows I am watching this season. Jujistu Kaisen WHICH LOOKS AMAZING AND TWITTER NEEDS TO F_CK OFF WITH THE HATE, Goblin Slayer S2 which has been the soft feely season so far, and Blue Eyed Samurai which might not count as anime?? Netflix, Dub on release, is it even animated in Japan? But it is great.

Also this just because Black Lagoon FTW

2 Likes

Also Obviously Frieren and Castlevania Nocturne

Couldn’t watch than 2 episodes, the animation is stellar but I have problem with the VAs (english), they dont have the same weight and emotion is the first Castlevania. In the first show all the 3 main characters had amazing VAs but with Nocturne it just feels forced and hallow

1 Like

Not watching per se, but while doing maintenance on my rig, I rediscovered Excel Saga.
Perhaps best summarized as “batshit insane”

1 Like

@Mufflertape

1 Like

Thanks man! Yea I was on top of it within an hour lol. Really hype from the teaser, just hoping they do it justice. For us audio guys they got the same composer who did the chainsaw man ost so that is a solid hype for that at least. #hopeful :slight_smile:

For the trailer directly:

1 Like

Yeah the first season was epic VA’s but its worth getting through just to get to the last episode. This is basically a prologue for the main story.

@Mufflertape https://www.novelupdates.com/series/im-the-evil-lord-of-an-intergalactic-empire/

Go read this (manga or LN), it is damn good.

Noted and will try to check it out. :grinning::+1:

1 Like

Get you banana organs ready! :rofl::rofl::rofl::headstone:

First time I have seen an already running anime get a remake.

1 Like

This is true. Wit is great so i think it will be done with care, especially if oda is involved. It started so long ago that updating the formatting etc should help even more people get into it. One piece rocks so hoping for the best. :slight_smile:

1 Like

oh boy just noticed that BOTH Solo Leveling AND Blue Exorcist Season 3 are airing on the same day (7th Jan) and they both got Hiroyuki Sawano music. Only 2 days left!!!

1 Like

Solo was pretty good. Good initial action and introduced alot of the big players. Plus has a hell of a cliffhanger for first timers.

1 Like