Anime discussion thread

FUCK YES it was. Great animation and OST so far and even some Anime original content.

1 Like

just watched it. Im so hyped. The animation is gonna be so good!

2 Likes

Don’t forget delicious in dungeon!

1 Like

Solo Leveling soundtrack out in 2 months.

1 Like

I watched that and as soon as i seen trigger pop up it was the decaprio meme for now you have my attention lol. It was kinda funny. Bugged me on the leader of the party not acting more frantic in trying to save his sister, but thats just a nitpick.

The main story doesn’t actually take place until after they save the sister… Manga reader here

1 Like

Have you watched the korean dub yet? Just curious as to your preference etc.

You mean the international version where they use the korean names? Only seen that and I prefer it that way.

God of high school confused the hell out of me with japanese names while the subs used the korean names lol.

No they have a full korean dub with english subtitles. Its not on crunchyroll, its though other means, but was announced so it should be good I think. Even the Japanese dub has korean names from what I recall so a full dubbing should be more authentic. I have not watched it yet, but I can report back to you later today :slight_smile:

interesting, I do prefer japanese though. (with korean names.)

1 Like

Wait did they changed the names to Japanese for the anime?

That would be something seeing as how much they negatively talk about Japan in the manga

The version airing in japan has japanese names. International uses korean names.

yeah do wonder how that arc is gonna be handled, it is pretty much certain that it will be in this first season (praying for a full adaption over time) since they showed “that” during the first few minutes.

2 Likes

So the Korean dub I watched raped my ears with sibilance. Not sure if the VAs are blowing out the mics or what, but I kinda liked the Japanese dub more. Will still watch some in Korean to get the proper feel in some scenes, but it feels off after hearing so much Japanese. #indoctrinated

1 Like

I haven’t seen that in years…lol! Need to go through my boxed up anime DVD’s sometime to unearth some of that “classic” stuff.

Still my fav anime movies of all time…been a while, will need to watch it again soon.

Solo Leveling Episode 2, ABSOLUTE PEAK!!!
Cannot believe it was better than the Manhwa to me.

2 Likes

Right! I’m so pumped for episode 3. I think my friend who got me into the manga is waiting to start it and I don’t blame him. It’s hard to watch knowing you gotta wait a whole week for just another taste

2 Likes

Agreed, like i think i will get my friend into it when the dub hits, he will wabt ep 1 and 2 together though. He is belligerent normie where he only likes shounen with powers and his favorite is naruto etc. I think this can be an isekai door for him to maybe check out mushoku tensei or something. Anywayblol really enjoyed it too. No complaints.

1 Like

Oh yeah, it would have probably been better if they aired both EP 1 and 2 at once, since it feels like a better start than separating them.

If they keep this up, this is an anime of the year candidate for sure.

2 Likes

OK a bit off topic but you know those shows that are just “ok” and you watch them as filler, and then they turn into a dumpster fire?

One of those i watched a while back was “Banished from the Hero’s Party, I Decided to Live a Quiet Life in the Countryside”, it was light, had a slight twist in it, a mediocre show, yesterday i saw it got another season, i said “why not” it could be a nice filler… Oh god was i wrong it turned into a total train wreck…
Basically turned into a bad fan art show… here is a line that the “hero” says about her brother (not step brother, blood brother…)

all this during a several conversion of 4 naked female characters with no clever angles or anything “cheeky” shots this just stright up, " here are 4 naked charaters, we cant be bothered to do something clever"…
Dont get me wrong Im fine with a fan art in my anime, but there is a way to do, This aint it chief…

1 Like