Anime discussion thread

Its not in the wiki but i recently watched s1 and it comes across that they are orphans that consider each other brother and sister but are not related. Even if related though its not the ceaziest thing ive seen in anime before so kinda meh. Edit, i think i was thinking of a ddiferent one. Sorry rip lol

It’s not that’s its the craziest, its just distasteful, i’d expect this sort of line from a hentai or Harem anime, not from an anime that was previously slice of life. Just comparing the intro from season 1 and season 2 , and you can see the massive shift.

1 Like

I mean if it follows the source material then its just the source material thats at fault. If they trying to rizz it up artificially then yea i can see that being an issue. I hope it sticks to the slice of life vibe as well since that was really charming for me.

1 Like

True… personally even if its the source martial to me that’s a no, thankfully there are actually quite a few shows (though there arent many slice of life this season)

1 Like

So since they got the voting started for anime awards what was yalls anime of the year or favorite op/ed? I have not seen Bocchi, but I will try to check that out due to the hype it got. I think my top 3 in order are Vinland Sage s2, Chainsaw Man, Oshi No Ko. JJK and DS are fine and kicked some ass, but I cant say they impacted me more than the others.

2023? If we exclude new seasons, I would say it is either Ragna Crimson or NieR:Automata Ver1.1a. I dont really watch many seasonals though…(I am the type that rewatches old stuff a LOOOOOOT.)

New seasons, its probably Eminence in shadow that is my favorite followed by Dr Stone.

1 Like

for me 2023 was all about JJK. Im biased towards shonens, so DS, JJK, My Hero and Chainsaw man are all in my top right now. I caught up on Black Clover which was great early 2023 and this might get some backlash but Im happy they are finally doing the last Bleach arc. I think that arc was at least a tier above every arc after the Arrancar one

2 Likes

Similar but very specific questions:
What is the manga you most wish was turned into an anime?
What anime(s) do you wish came back?

1 Like

Good ones guys. Yea for first season only, I really liked oshi since i dislike idol stuff alot. It really invested me into Japanese showbiz so its kinda cool for doing that.

JJK went hard man and I really enjoyed some of the visuals/ways they showed fights. The machine gun fists earlier in the Shibuya arc was pretty nice imho.

They are already making my top manga into anime in the form of Dandadan so im eating good atm, but after reading a few chapters I think Sakamoto Days would be so fun to watch. For more of an older anime I would like a redo of Tokyo Ghoul with author involvement to iron out the issues in the story and give it new life since it is one of the best exploration of dark psychological stuff in a pretty cool world etc. The other would be more seasons of Grimgar. I really liked the take it had on the isekai genre and had a good ramp. I got addicted to the light novels for a bit so kinda bummed they just stopped, but peeps prob found it too slow.

2 Likes

Very good question, I read too many to really narrow down one. But I have been enjoying this lately:

(up to date with the LN as well.)

No Game No Life S2!!!

2 Likes

So um…

New Monogatari anyone?

2 Likes

Solo Leveling episode 4 was absolutely fire! The VA and Sawano OST was so damn epic.

2 Likes

Can’t wait to watch it! Do you watch on Crunchyroll? Ik wondering if it landed for me as I usually check sat (tomorrow) mornings

You are :100:correct. The animation was stellar and the VAs killed it. Like they are doing a fantastic job. This episode should put it on folks radar.

1 Like

I sail the seven seas. :smirk:

Finding Subs was something I was pleased about :wink:

2 Likes

A new Monogatari? Count me in!

I am looking forward to a new season of Demon Slayer and Bocchi the Rock.

I would love new Girls und Panzer and K-on movies.

1 Like

OMFG EPISODE 6 OF SOLO LEVELING WAS SOOOOO DAMNNNN GOOOOOOOD AND THE GOD TIER NEW TRACK FROM SAWANO IS AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

1 Like

I think they moved to Sunday drop on CrunchyRoll now :sob:

1 Like

indeed those are great!