Anime discussion thread

6 seasons?! Hellz yes!!!

1 Like

Wait… So is season 1 over?

Tomorrow S1/cour1 will be done. Last episode for the moment.

1 Like

Final episode of cour 1 drops in a few hours.

It is pretty much 100% that we will get a second cour to end the season with.

Season 2 and 3 (cour 3-6) seems to be planned for but nothing certain if im reading it correctly.

1 Like

Confirmed.

1 Like

Probably a bit late to the party but I just recently finished season three of Demon Slayer “Swordsmith village arc”

I´m not your typical manga fan but Demon Slayer blew my socks off…I can´t imagine the effects, screenplay, characters, humour to be any better…If you know something that really competes please let me know…Crunchyroll subscription still on until the end of the month :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Just found out that season 4 (german dub) is not too far away (may 12th), probably need to extend my subscription :grin:

2 Likes

Ufotable are really good with their animation quality so I think you have been spoiled in that regard. Its hard to compete in that standpoint. Characters, story and humor are subjective for what you like or need at s specific moment. Maybe you can give some more info on to which character you like the most, or what plot elements you have liked, or one of your favorite jokes/elements in the show…

I love demon slayer in both anime and manga, so I am likly in a more minority position of folks who are deep into anime.

2 Likes

It is not a surprise that they are also known as Unlimited Budget Works. :joy:
(of course, a fate reference.)

@Rinderkappajoe Have you seen Fate - Unlimited Blade Works, from Ufotable?

1 Like

Don´t know if I can give a precise answer on what I like best about DS but I think it´s a mixture of the kinda evil storyline and the goofy and wholesome scenes in between so that it is not too dark and too serious all the time. I prefer an overall positive vibe.
Even though some times it was on the boarder of being too goofy. (Zenitsu whining all the time for example or Inosuke being over the top :smiley: )

@Rikudou_Goku Nope, will have a look if I can find it dubbed!

1 Like

Sub master race. Only anime I also watch dubbed is DBZ cuz I grew up with that.

2 Likes

I guess i found something else what i liked about Demon Slayer…it was the german dub, it was really well done!

Don´t want to read subtitles at all :see_no_evil:

1 Like

You get used to reading subs.

1 Like

I only do subs. Dub is hard for me to get into. Like @Rikudou_Goku the only sub I ever watch was DBZ when I was younger

1 Like

The dub of FMAB is quite fantastic though. So, for that matter, is the dub for Cowboy Bebop. I don’t know if I could watch either in sub now that I’ve seen them in dub so much. Though in general I do tend to prefer subtitles too.

1 Like

So I can’t comment on how good or if there are german dubs for these, but I will give my best explanation looking over my mal:

Akame ga kill: has some funny moments and over the top side characters, but where maybe the supporting cast for DS is over the top, due to violence in the show it balances out. I would say it leans negative, but the action is good and its not a huge commitment at only 24eps if you end up liking the first few episodes. Also, compelling villains kinda similar to DS, but different.

Chainsaw Man: what if the straight man(serious character) was not tanjiro, but a side character and the MC and a side character were more slapstick at times etc. You would get good action and villians that appear you love to hate(the catch to this is a muzan type is not in the series YET), but its more serious overall. I will also warn that bad things do happen to characters, but it is comparable to current DS. Both shows ramp up the devistation in what has not been shown yet as a manga reader so I dont want to set false expectations. 12 eps.

Frieren has everything you mentioned except it has more slice of life and the comedy its deff not over the top. The downside is the story does not have a clear overarching villian thats been presented yet, so I dont know how compelled you would be with out this looming threat present etc. 28eps

Hell’s Paradise has everything you want but lacks comedy(its there but very little) and the tone is deff darker overall. Compelling villians though and good action. 13eps?

JJK fits the bill, but has toned down humor overall compared to darker setting and story. It has compelling villains and that threat is there for you. 50ish eps with a movie

My Hero Academia is pretty balanced and has good humor/over the top side characters. The action is great when it needs to be. The villians are what sells it as love or hate it, it had a season deadicated to building them up and making them compelling. 7seasons worth so 130ish?

Overlord: slighly different where you more or less follow the villians and they are over the top funny. The antagonists are a combination of the villains and other forces, but again it lacks the muzan type person unless you consider the MC to be that. 48ish eps

Shangri-la Frontier: fits the bill, but its a game and there is no muzan unless you count the game devs lol. More chill and lighthearted compared to a DS. 25eps

Solo Leveling: again has things like a game, but is NOT a game. Also, it is basically devoid of humor so the tone is very serious overall. This may change for future seasons due to the source material, but it comes down to how they want to adapt. Its worth a shot to see if you like the concept since it has MASSIVE upswing in the source material. 12eps

These are just some ideas if you have not seen or had opinions on them already. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you so much for the detailled answer, that´s really a good starting point for me as there are sooo many animes to choose from and I don´t know any of them yet apart from DS.

The thing with subtitles is that when I´m in the mood for watching something I´m usually not in the mood for reading as it needs to much focus and I prefer to relax when watching, but yea I probably get used to it.

1 Like

So iv’e been looking at the line-up for the rest of the year, nothing peaked my interests… aside from 3 shows all of which are new seasons (Demon Slayer, Mushoku Tensei and reincarnated as a slime)
Is there anything i should be on the lookout for (Im open to most genres )

Konosuba Season 3: Its konosuba
Tensei shitara Dainana Ouji: Pretty fun and cool art, a magician that does over the top things.
Jiisan Baasan Wakagaeru: chill slice of life
Henjin no Salad Bowl: Hinamatsuri and “Sasaki and peeps” vibes

1 Like

Thanks i’ll give them a shot
Konosuba was never my cup of tea (something about the humor didnt stick)

089FD8

1 Like