Anime discussion thread

Is it only 11 episodes? Why… WHY!!

I wasn’t prepared.

We actually got 1 more episode than usual from Konosuba. That first episode was to fill in after the Movie.

Mushoku Tensei S2 is over and oh boy I sure hope we aint waiting too long for S3 (it IS confirmed to be in production though).

Wondering if we will get future rudeus, the rat and the fight against orsted.

1 Like

I would really love that sooner rather than later and as a full season. It can be split cour though if needed. Very happy with the overall adaptation. That last episode was fantastic. Much better news compared to the 3 demon slayer movies as well. Just hoping it wont be a full 1.5 years till the next season etc.

1 Like

Or for subs: https://youtu.be/UeDWeCAuhYc?feature=shared

The soundtrark will be good even of you dislike the rest. Trust that hehe.

I wanted to be one of the cool kids. I just can’t. Never could get into video games. Never could get into comic books. Never could get into anime. Never could get into fashion trends. Never could get into tattoo trends. Never could get into social media & posting everything I do. Never could get into being unemployed. I just can’t do it. What’s wrong with me? I do like good movies of many different genera. I love good tv shows & good music of great musicians playing real instruments being recorded in good acoustic space live, but today that makes me a weirdo minority. The one that is opposed to men in girls bathrooms & women’s sports. Can someone recommend any anime where the voices are just like every day normal people, rather than sounding like some girl talking with lungs full of helium, or a guy talking through a subharmonizer? Can there be a plot that doesn’t involve super human powers & sord fights? Is there any anime that is an illustration of normal people in normal lives, dealing with current events & finding humor in it to laugh about? I could get into anime like that.

Maybe you should look at the Dubbed (english voice) versions.

Yes, that is called Slice of Life, its a whole genre.

Not my field of expertise though.

1 Like

For my rec and another series to get started in the Anime realm, I’d check out Cowboy Bebop. It’s an older anime but was one of my first series I got into soon after its release and still stands as one of my favorites to this day. It’s got great dubbed English voice acting as well so nothing too far fetched like you stated. As a bonus, it features some excellent music, composed by Yoko Kanno and the Seatbelts.

What show are you expecting in any form of media? Slice of life is the closest, but shows for entertainment have sub genres so most slice of life anime in modern times setting is gonna be grounded romance or rom-com. Or be qualified as cute girls doing cute things stuff like that.

Also, they are not on the nose with commentary on current events and instead just show a lack of care for those expectations in their media since its just doesn’t exist in their daily lives like it does for everyone else.

It sounds almost like your the type of person who would like the daily wire comedy show or something if you want on the nose commentary.

That or you have to give a sub genre of show you find interesting like since this is a music forum maybe music, or period piece, or be willing to have action too etc. Surely you dont want to escape daily life by looking at a mirror with your entertainment…

I have subscribed to something called cruchyroll on Amazon Prime. I added a bunch of things to my watch list that came up on search for “slice of life”. I’ll start to check things when I get time. I know nothing of anime as every time I’ve tried to watch it, it just seems very annoying with the voices & dialog & scenes that are jumbled up nonsense that I don’t understand at all.

Ok, well if you end up ready for a sub genre to add to that let us know since I do like my slice of life stuff.

Slice of life can be pretty hit or miss depending on your overall taste, its extremely chill but can seem a little dull since the plots arent some huge life changing. In general what is you taste in TV/Movies?

I’m currently watching Ergo Proxy. Im on S1E2. It seems ok. I do like scifi. My problems with anime have been things being just too obnoxious with the goofy voices & the direction making comprehension of a story line a jumbled up mess.

Will try Eris the Goblin Slayer, but right away I’m hearing that goofy voice, so this might not last long.

Dude slayers is a comedy so yea prob wont work out. Try seinen titles like vinland saga, attack on titan, black lagoon, or maybe tokyo ghoul or something. Comedic characters are overexagerated in an attemt to convey it completely and make it easier to recognize. Plus schizo friends/people exist so it can be fun for some of us.

Edit: ascendance of a bookworm is very slice of life and good wouthout the gag characters. Gate, hellsing, and realist hero are all pretty adult with little to no gag characters as well.

Edit2: if that is mushoku tensei ova of Eris then yea she is a tsundere so she squeaky and angry and stuff so stay away from Mushoku Tensi.

I have high hopes for this series. They’ve been working on it for over 4 years. The manga is an “experience”. For those unaware, the original author was also involved with the “PT Demo” and was largely responsible for how well that worked. Now imagine that level of slow, deep, methodical
mind-fuckery but expanded over a longer period of time. The “horror” is subtle and innocuous until it isn’t. This was one of those stories you can’t easily shake and stop thinking about after you experience it. The trailer really does not even do it justice, but it does a nice job of showing off how well the visuals capture the images from the original graphic novel.

2 Likes

Hey @ZeosPantera & @Raptor168

Thats the one I came across thats got some very inappropriate scenarios with lesbian sexual acts in front of a kid. I guess you removed the thread in the other place or whatever. Sorry it took so long. I couldn’t remember the title & I couldn’t find it on crunchyroll. Then it occurred to me to check my “continue” list on prime video. There it was.

Today, the scenario in this particular anime is what is known as “grooming”. It’s not a good thing.

Its not my cup of tea, but man the work put into the production is great and I hope Ito fans get what they deserve on that as he has a great fan base. Fall season as stacked and i am here for it lol

1 Like

I agree. I am not sure what I can say about this now. The last thing I wrote, which was a point of view that wasn’t out of line or profane in any way (unlike this fucking trash) got removed. So I’ll just say this…

If an adult wants to view content like this and it’s behind a wall that children can’t get through then fine, all good.

The wall children are not supposed to get though is the adult or more broadly speaking the internet. The parent has ultimate control over this. De-anonning the internet will not make that better in any way and will severly hurt speech. Dont make me pay a price for shitty parenting. Back in the day your mom would have you cover your eyes ,or ears, or make you stay in your room, or just watch something with the kids. Not complicated.