Are you Ricky Booby? The F1 topic

Roman Grojean is a lucky man…

Just watching it now. Holy fuck :scream: :scream: :scream:

Probably one of the most dramatic F1 crashes i’ve seen, and i watched Imola 1994 live…

Seeing the fire, i thought hope hes not unconscious… then the coverage did not show any more pictures for ages, and that gets your mind racing. When you finaly see him in the medical car, and then the wreck you just go how did he survive that. Luckily he managed to crawl out between the halo and the bendt armco in reasonable time, though we still haven’t got the full report on his injuries (burned wrists and feet, perhaps broken ribs is the latest i found)

If he had been knocked unconscious…man…I hate to even think about it. Up to this point the worst I’ve seen live was Kubica’s accident in Canada. Seeing a car disintegrate is one thing but seeing it chopped in half and engulfed in a fireball is a different category. Scary stuff.

That was a crazy crash. Was like one of those movie crashes where as soon as it hits something it explodes. Glad he got out.

Would have been funny if he’d blamed Ericsson.

Glad I’m sitting here making jokes about it. The alternative would have been ugly. Armco, Hans, Halo and the medical car being there within ten seconds of impact. He was entirely engulfed in flames for what seemed like an eternity there.

:rofl: :rofl:

Wow. Gutted for George…thx Mercedes clusterfuck. Time for Bottas to give up the seat.

As much as I like Albon, he’s not where he needs to be. Checko needs to be in that seat next year.

Yeah, i was literally punching my arms in my armrests as he got his puncture at the end there… first Mercedes managed to f**k up the pitstop severely, but it looked like there still would be a good chance - then a puncture… At least he finally got his first points :slight_smile:

I think a lot of the older racers need to make room for some of the younger generation.

It depends on which old racers you’re talking about I think. Giovinazzi is not exactly making the old man look old (for example).

GIO has been doing pretty good in qualifying this season, but i do feel he often fall back in the race, while Kimi often manages to gain positions during the race. Guess experience has a lot to do with this, and Kimi might not be quite as quick as he used to be over 1 lap, but his experience lets him get that back during the races.

2020 Abu Dhabi Grand Prix: Fernando Alonso Reunited With Renault R25 - YouTube

Classic but new, Alonzo with one of his old race cars…

2 Likes

How I miss the V10s…sigh.

the sound is just so much better on the older cars… also, the sound combined with the way it moves on track (smaler, lighter and nimbler) makes it look faster than the current cars imho, even though the laptime was 6-7sec off the current cars laptimes.

1 Like

Yeah for sure. Those cars were much more exciting.

That new young driver Fernando Alonso looks promising.

3 Likes

They need to change the name from young driver test to post season test or something. It is so weird to see many non rookie drivers in it.

They call it “young drivers” to reflect that it’s not for drivers that are currently racing in F1.

I think if most people think that it refers to the driver’s age or experience, you might want to reconsider your naming system.

1 Like