đŸ”¶ Audeze LCD-X

How do you feel about audeze reveal on them?

Actually I feel like you mentioned this before somewhere so sorry lol

You have! And I have been meaning to get back to you on it. After you asked I went back and did another (sighted) comparison. Both brighten their tonal balance, but I found Sonarworks to be a bigger change from LCD-X’s baseline tuning. Reveal is warmer, bassier and overall a smaller (but still noticable) change. Especially to treble. Sonarworks- slightly less mids, same bass, more increase in treble and much more in the dog whistle zone of upper treble- what do people call this reg? Presence and air?

1 Like

I’m trying it, it’s interesting to say the least. it’s a trial then you got to buy it?

1 Like

Audeze Reveal is free- and made by Audeze. Try that one first! Sonarworks is a one time fee. If I remember Reveal uses the Harmon curve.

2 Likes

I didn’t realize that you were using the LCD-X. The Neve pairs wonderfully with it! It’s almost as though the RNHP was developed using the LCD-X
 :thinking:

1 Like

Absolutely!

1 Like

4 Likes

That’s a gorgeous picture! Lovely amp and cans’ and the out of focus mixing console as the background makes it art.

Mine are the open backed version, so industrial looking grillls. Not that lovely wood finish.

So are mine (LCD-X)! That’s taken from the Neve website.

If you compare the specs, the RNHP has perfectly suited output for the LCD-X ©.

D'oh

Thought it looked familiar. :persevere::confounded:

That’s interesting! I will take another look at the specs. All I looked at was power requirement, haha.

1 Like

Haha! I was just illustrating my point that the LCD-X’s were present in some regard with Rupert Neve Designs.

It’s like they’re soulmates! :laughing:

2 Likes

Isn’t that only a plug in though?

1 Like

You can use it in a vst host or also in foobar with a vst host plugin

1 Like

What is it like wearing these headphones when they weigh so much?

The weight has never presented an issue for me.

The pads are massive, pillowy soft Lambskin, with a very comfortable wide perforated headband (also Lambskin).

I’m also a ‘big guy’ who’s played several sports, some of which required wearing a helmet.

The only potential issue would be heat from the ear pads, if they’re worn for several hours in a warm environment. But this is potentially an issue with any large Lambskin pad (think ZMF).

Typically weight is only an issue for me if it’s not distributed well on my head, the audeze do a good job of not putting the weight on one spot of my head

I find these to be a comfortable set of headphones. As long as you don’t jerk your head forward or look down so that they slid off then the weight does not pose an issue. You still feel that they are there, but they don’t put pressure on any one part of your head.

1 Like

I received a new stand for my LCD-X’s today.

All the way from Germany! :de:

5 Likes

Very nice. I miss my lcdx. Sold them
 Twice! Haha the first pair I had sounded better, I think. maybe it was in my head lol. First pair had more soundstage and this 3d effect. I regret selling the first set.

1 Like

Thanks you.

I haven’t heard another pair, but I feel pretty lucky.

My only real issue are the slightly recessed mids. Other than that, I’m very happy.

Maybe I have a unicorn pair
 :blush:

1 Like