đŸ”¶ Audioquest NightHawk

Cool, I was defiantly leaning Nighthawks. I want something that will stay in the collection and really stand out in the future. From all that I read on this post it hits all the marks. Just that side thought of the Mk3s since a lot of people seem to enjoy them.

Annnnd They will be here next week!

3 Likes

Was able to snag a factory sealed pair on Audiogon last week, and they happened to come the same day as my Argons. Haven’t even put the NH on my head yet, as I felt like I should break in the ones I waited 12 weeks for first.

So far, I enjoy the Argons, and think I’ll likely sell my X2HRs as a result. We’ll see if that holds up after a little more acclimatization time and then some A/B listening since the X2s are open and very wide.

@M0N, I notice you also keep M40x in your collection
what’s the rationale there, considering the infinite options you have at any given time?

4 Likes

I got it for cheap and it’s there in case someone comes over to record something and needs a monitoring can they are similar with

The Nighthawk Carbon need some break in time for the biodynamic drivers to warm up imo. Also when you try them, you might want to try the leather pads first and then the suede pads, just to see the difference in the bass that the suede gives. Pretty much everyone here prefers the suede pads. Less treble sibilance and more bass impact. Also makes them more unique.

2 Likes

That makes sense. I’m about to sell mine, but thought there must be something magical about them I’m not hearing if you’ve hung on to them. I don’t foresee encountering your use case, so off they go
or at least to my daughter

1 Like

Noted
thanks for the tip!

i am saddened
i was too late to hop on the bandwagon my friends-

Too bad there aren’t any headphones that I could call a good alternative. Maybe dt880 with a pad swap.

Who wants to start a headphone business with me lol.

Hopefully there will be some solid ways to pick them up again at some point. :frowning:

Once you think you have saved up enough you can find some used for a good price. Don’t give up. :wink:

https://www.musicdirect.com/headphones/AudioQuest-NightOwl-Carbon-Headphones-B-STOCK

NightOwl fyi 
 lil different

Yeah those are the Nightowl. Very different sound. Doesn’t really compare to the same uniqueness the Nighthawk Carbon have.

Ooops my bad, I just looked at the picture and did that whole not reading thing

No worries lol

Going to incite a riot lol

3 Likes

I still would honestly be interested in a set of Nightowls for the office if I could get a real good deal on them used. Then I could turn them up a little louder than the hawks and not disturb anybody. The comfort alone is almost worth it. But as of right now they still seem to run higher than the hawks and I don’t see them available as often.

They aren’t worth it imo. Nighthawk Carbon absolutely worth it.
I actually think a good set for the office would be the AKG K371 or the Cooler Master MH751.

Would the ifi iDSD Nano BL be a good match to the Nighthawk? I’ve heard that it’s a warm sounding amp which is fine as long as it doesn’t pair poorly with the already warm sounding hawks.

@Mr_Makua I think that would be a great setup. Although I have to ask, how much are you willing to spend for an amp, and does it need to be portable?
If you can find a Chord Mojo for a low price that would also be a great portable. But that’s just one option. So many available, just need to know budget and portability needs.