Bad Guy Good Audio Rankings and stuff (under construction) (Part 1)

Let me send you a set for a review.
Give an opinion, mention some music. All I ask :sunglasses:

5 Likes

Do you have it graphed?

Abso-freakin-lutely! Message me any time to talk and so I can share shipping info. I would totally like to give an honest impression (with graph referencing and so on).

3 Likes

Thanks for the recs! I had never heard of either Darkwater or Circus Maximus before. I liked both but specially Darkwater, it really has that Images and Words vibe which i adore.

1 Like

@Rikudou_Goku Yes, I want a retail box I open before i publish on net. It’s ready to go into prod tomorrow morning.

@tkddans I’ll ask you to send an address to a 3rd party. I’ll never talk via PM with you from now on to be legit. Anything said good,bad or other will be public record. same deal for you @Rikudou_Goku

2 Likes

It’s getting their hopes up and hyping a product based on a product description list and price tag before hearing it. Then not wanting to believe the graph. I did the same thing with the FH5s. I was so hyped for that IEM and ultimately it was a disappointment when I heard it.

We both know audiophiles enjoy defending their favorite products with all kinds of nonsensical bullshit.

One of the latest ramblings I’ve seen lately is that this site is becoming a breeding ground for graph kiddies. As if graphs should have no place in describing audio gear.

Example:

2 Likes

As a music lover…like you…I think it comes down to listening and no 1 tuning is ideal or correct.
It works, or it doesn’t and that is personal.
disregarding a graph or attacking the grapher?
Isaw Crin get shaded al the time before and though I mostly disagree with favorites, i never thought his graphs were fucked. I learned he likes more energy than i do.
I don’t think I have ever shaded anyones efforts/graphs.

I HAVE…asked what music they listened to.
Back to the music…like i started this post

2 Likes

Where are they going to be available to purchase? Linsoul? If so, do you know if they will make it available through DD Audio Store on Aliexpress?

For folks in Brazil like me for example buying through Linsoul means a 33 usd shipping cost (and also 60% tax on both the product price and also shipping cost) whereas from DD Audio on Aliexpress it’s free shipping and no tax…

1 Like

I imagine via DD as well as Linsoul as is usually the case. I’ll ask specifically :+1:

1 Like

Thanks Chris!

1 Like

No prob. Thanks for interest.
Shell is same as a very pricey set. Fit is great.
Had to be metal as my fave single DD were mostly metal.
(BLON 03, Kanas Pro, YBF, TFZ No3Ti, and others)
Cap is a “Peacock” who made a few nice ones before
Cable will be average tokeep price down. (my request) not a cable guy.

1 Like

Gotta love Brazilian taxes, i feel your pain bro i was born and raised in Sao Paulo but now i live in Canada and stuff i buy from China usually arrives fast and with no tax or duties at all!

Do you have a date for pre-orders already?

About the cable, will there be options as for 2.5, 4.4 or just 3.5mm?

I was pretty sure a company that couldn’t tune 3 dynamics wasn’t suddenly miraculously taming tribrids for $50 a pop. Glad I skipped that train.

2 Likes

I’ll know more/specifics in about 12 hours. i’ll share the info as soon as i get it.

4 Likes

Cool, what driver/drivers did you end up going with. Btw that black inlay is beautiful.

The stuff I buy from Aliexpress never got taxed but I get in contact with the seller and ask them to declare that everything costs from 5 to 20 usd. And I don’t feel bad for doing so as I think 60% is almost like armed robbery – so fck the brazilian government.

I used to live in Ottawa for some time. I went to go to Le Cordon Bleu in Ottawa to complete the Diplome de Cuisine. I enjoy the cold and I was there when they had a -36C. I miss Canada a lot.

2 Likes

Almost 8 winters later i can say the one thing i will never miss about Canada if i ever leave is the freaking cold! Still better than worrying about getting shot or kidnapped in a red light at night in Sao Paulo though, lol

2 Likes

I would gladly trade all the -36c days to never have to have a 35c day again.

2 Likes

Yeah, the GK3 is one of the few brands that have earned themselves an F ranking on my list. (E on Crinacle´s list.)