Bad Guy Good Audio Rankings and stuff (under construction) (Part 2)

The curiosity for this set is literally bubbling over for me at this point… It’s too rich for my blood, especially at a blind buy, but if I could get to demo them one day, man, I would be all over it.

3 Likes

Demo it. I have the Grand Maestro and other sets and the only one that vibes in my ear is the prototype brahmastra and this BA based set. It makes no sense…
But it’s an addicting replay

3 Likes

I’ll be at Canjam NYc in March…maybe Canpur…maybe Cannotpur

6 Likes

It’s tough to demo over here in the US, you know how it is, Chris. Especially in bean town.

If I make it to CanJam this year, that might be my only opportunity if the set is there. So we shall see!

It doesn’t make any sense, you’re right, which is why I’m so curious!

4 Likes

Oh dude, no way. You’ll be there? I’ll look for ya hahah

1 Like

Top tier pun :+1: or should I say, you canpun…r

4 Likes

Take my files on your DAP…everyone is missing what is actually the special point…it slams like it has huge DD’s but doesn’t only when playing
Jay Z - Can I get a Fuck You
E-40 Fuck em
Little Wayne Rah

or tracks like it.
Bass guitar and drums maybe to but that’s as subtle as me imagining like on MEST sets and EE sets with BCD’s

No EQ, nothing, it is nutz and audiophiles are focusing on techs which are supreme but that’s a lot of sets in that realm…none do those bass slams.
I can send you the tracks or rip from YT…there is no bass boosting the tracks
Crazy stuff

4 Likes

I’ll try the tracks out on the Maestro Mini, that’s the best I have for bass head as of right now.

I appreciate the recs, chris!

4 Likes

no prob…my channel started by chasing the crack (bass) hits…alwys chasing that high

10 Likes
8 Likes

Ah I remember these fun vids, back then I was rocking the AIAIAI TMA’s on the hunt as well but now Canpur doing it without the sound pressure and balanced tuning. Funny…I avoided those bone conduction TWS things that sit outside the ear for years because they had no bass but now the same principle is being achieved at much lower frequencies. Interesting tech.

Been thinking about getting back into headphones although wireless has taken over the lower end of the market. The MDR-Z1R felt like a missed opportunity but I got my sights on the MV1 lately. Need that Sony Lovin’ back in my life…

2 Likes

I was told when building iems with BC, we aren’t supposed to use the BC alone, rather to pair it up with drivers. Probably the brain tracing the bone conduction with regards to the sound output from the drivers it is paired to.

Just my understanding on tech.

This was something I experienced on the Legend Evo, so it does hold up imo. Bc stuff is very fit subjective too, also depends on the type of BC. Going by Chris’s impressions, CFA has nailed it. Few weeks back however, @VSG gave his impressions on the sonion BC on HBB discord, iirc it wasn’t doing anything special, I’m wondering what makes the canpur slam at this point…
Could it be the 38D2XJs? But we are talking about BC s…

4 Likes

This is a 70mm driver moving lots of air but the princess Leia pads areeating the energy

Same relative volume with firm pads from a 77x by jvc cuz the stock jvc sz2000 pads were too soft

The Canpur is related to how the drivers are touching/secured to the inner shell.
It’s not “dB”
It’s resonance
This is a chance happening. No way they listen to bass stuff. Literally nobody with a Canpur is talking about:

The resonance of that plastic and those drivers in low freq is a fucking blast.
They absolutely had no idea.
It has techs as good as anything out there. I’m sure they were trying for that…not the bass though

4 Likes

On my Mext set…which fit my ears perfect…

feeding them over a watt with this track… the BCs literally feel like my wife’s dildo is stuck in my ear…that last part is a joke

Is the Canpur even stronger than the Mext…if so…I’m all over that

2 Likes

Well…apparently Ellie is up to her ears in damage control…two fuckin months…let’s see if it beats out my Maestro SE order which took 3 months…FF better hire some child laborers or start offering more OT…around January…ridiculous…I’m gonna amend Chris’s spreadsheet and reduce FF to one star for CS

1 Like

Chris…I’ve been edifying myself with media college for awhile now…enlightening

I don’t think CS and wait times are exactly one and the same. If you want a Porsche 911, are you gonna yell at the dealer because they can’t get your hand built car to you straight away? It’s evident that FF are at the very least responding with clear updates. Whether or not it makes sense to sell with such a wait list is another question, but I feel much of it comes to capturing a customer before they lose interest - as you may know, the hobby moves bloody fast.

5 Likes

First off…I knew what I was getting into when I ordered

Second…fuck yeah I’m gonna yell when you promised me 3 weeks and 2 months later…we’ll see if we could expedite…I’m a patient man but my patience is nearing an end…if you can’t handle the load…don’t make promises…I fuckin hate liars

And third…

3 Likes

Guy on Discord is almost on 4 months.
They got slammed.
I am not very patient so I did that for STORM but I’ll never wait 4 months again.
Cancel if your blood boils. No need for stress. I’m cutting stresses outta my life a lot lately.
If I were as pissed as you I’d cancel tbh.
I 'd actually throw a fit tell folks they should be fired and then cancel…I’d do that.
Not at Fatfreq specific but anytime the joy gets sucked outta my hobby which is already an expensive one

4 Likes

The problem with cancelling an order with FF is they are gonna keep 10%. You’ll probably have to jump through hoops with your CC company to get that money back

1 Like