Bad Guy Good Audio Rankings and stuff (under construction) (Part 1)

The random 6th one was to put a joker in the deck :wink: It means you have as much chance as any to win.
It definitely sounds similar as it is same driver, metal shell and is pretty much the same thing. Great detail, timbre and tonality.
Built because Chifi master classes in beating things to death. This was an idea because Mele shell was lauded for fit and 02 is 3+ years old which is ancient by Chifi years. :sweat_smile:

Planar are a whole different animal. If you have none…you should have 1 :+1:
It’s a very cool change up to a DD or a Hybrid.
S12 is a great set. Fit and build and gobs of planar res via a speedt transducer.

8 Likes

Those silver/gold and lyrics games are a nice bonus, but at the end of the day we will all be a winners to have a chance to own a very good set of IEMs at an affordable price. So thank you Chris for that.

7 Likes

First off, congratulations on both collabs bruv. wish you all the success and sales on the collab. any future plans to have a planar iem collab bruv?

ps: the lava set will look lit with red braided cable.

1 Like

It has been discussed. It may be a silent collab. I’ve already done 2 of those and the reviews are less polarizing because there is no axe grinding or tribal stuff. It’s the way it goes. I love seeing my logo but sometimes it’s best to bck up behind the curtain.
But me involved with a planar? Yeah

It would be like Ely X without late treb boost, it would have something like an EJ07 treb

5 Likes

huh? Which ones are those?

XENNS Mangird TEA MKII

17 Likes

I know it’s all about Olina atm, but I gotta know… At least as good??

2 Likes

Chris’s tuning in put?

Not sure. I meant as good as Teas OG :grimacing:

I will start A/Bing tomorrow. :muscle: :boom:

1st thoughts on the Mangird TEA MKII #xenns #linsoul #hbb #BGGAR 🎶🔥

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CZYYb0_tp4w/?utm_medium=share_sheet

11 Likes

Some queens are on the edge of their seat. No pressure :joy:

8 Likes

4 Likes

It’s kind of fascinating when you own TOTL equipment you always tend to look at more budget friendly options. I caved and bought the Olina & Mele just to see what they’re like. It’s going to fun and interesting a/b testing them.

5 Likes

1st thoughts on the Mangird TEA MKII #xenns #linsoul #hbb #BGGAR 🎶🔥

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CZYYb0_tp4w/?utm_medium=share_sheet

17 Likes

We are blessed to have such a stunning set :fire: :fire: How does the Tea 2 compare to the original in-terms of resolution?

Also curious to how the Tea 2 stacks up vs the EJ07M for staging and resolution :sunglasses:

Thanks for your hardwork Chris :pray:

4 Likes

Thanks a lot for this. Sounds epic!

1 Like

:zap: :zap: :boom: CNY is very long…

1 Like

thanks for the description. would you say its possible to achieve (or even surpass) the warmth and engagement of the Hana on Olina using EQ?
I really don’t like the aesthetics of Hana and Olina is just gorgeous!!

1 Like

Yes.
Hana 2021 is a warmer 02 with good detail and extension

You could input 1 low freq bump and be right there :+1:
I imagine a lot of Mele owners who get Olina will end up doing precisely that.
My longtime followers know for years I did 1 bump for Sony EX1000 and enjoyed it

6 Likes

Hiya! So Olina is not sibilant at all, but it has more treble and air than Mele, right? And you mentioned in your video that it is just slightly different to the O2 in the treble - does this add detail to the sound sig?

And how’s the soundstage? O2 soundstage is pretty average, but has amazing imaging, so I wonder if Olina will have similar or better soundstage?

1 Like