Bad Guy Good Audio Rankings and stuff (under construction) (Part 1)

Huh i don’t listen to much from my zen DAC but I can’t remember it to have many noise floor problem with my teas or ta l2

Balanced or SE? Obviously IEM dependent. I’ll try to dig up my posts on this…was a while ago.

Both balanced

While I agree that the FR is never the whole story for me it is obvious that it is always better to have clean signal (at least from DAC) that you can color if you wish to with some lamp amp, EQ or whatever fits your taste, than to have dirty signal to deal with already at this stage :slight_smile:

There is also this issue that highly sensitive IEMs are hard to dial even on low gain in HipDac even SE as the settings must be extremely low and there you get channel imbalance. I have this problem on Mangird Tea, where I need to turn down the volume on computer to get rid of that.

1 Like

Wew. I thought it will be warm neutral from few reviews that i gather. Well, need to wait for more reviews.

see Nymz posts on that device. He praises it really highly, it is generally very well received device (both in reviews and in measurements ;), that only lacks internal DAC to be complete killer.

2 Likes

NX7 insane. Just plug it to a dongle or a BT amp and u settled.

The better the dac, the less volume output u need on the NX7.

3 Likes

Looks like a great combo honestly but it might be too neutral/clean for me ig.

Will it pair decently with Olina and S12 through balanced output?

It’s very clear yes. Sorry I haven’t followed, but if you want a warmer source without breaking bank but getting you settled for a good while, I would go Xduuo XD-05 Bal. If you want desktop, maybe look into Topping DX3 Pro +, but that’s also bright.

2 Likes

Here are the posts on hiss and ifi zen DAC:

6 Likes

13 Likes

Looks dope. When can we expect the video?

2 Likes

Next week.
The set is on sale 20% off February 13th for a Valentines sale

13 Likes

You’re killing my wallet!!

3 Likes
5 Likes

You gotta feel the music :notes: :eyes:

3 Likes

I would say the modules are not really useful.
More bass makes it too warm
Less bass kinda kill the purpose of the set
I liked the stock module which is the middle one.

3 Likes

They haven’t updated the thumbnail. Kinda Lava is the same price as the EJ07M, nice.

2 Likes

Yeah I hope to get a short vid out tonight during the 20% sale. That’s like $125 ish in savings. :boom: :eyes:

7 Likes

Public thank you for making stuff happen. You undersole Teas2 and I can see why. People wallets matter. Respect.

wink wink

Buy Olina
Buy Tea2
Listen to music.

5 Likes