Best closed back headphones under 300? (music/gaming)

Neutral, warm, wide, punchy. I wouldn’t say they are the greatest for gaming but they are still really great headphones imo. Though sadly not a planar. Meze decided to make their flagship a planar which makes me sad cause I really want a planar meze

lots of bass I liek to call them audiophile beats as they go for a more generic more consumer tuning but still sounds great. for gaming its really not that great unfortunately/

Have you heard the massdrop edition of the meze 99’s? are they significantly different?

if you want a bassy planar closed back for your budget I would say just go for the dekoni blue

damn, planar 99’s kind of sound badass honestly

Oh, I see, they’re tempting too. God, so many fucking options, lol. Those pads thrown in cover like half the cost of the headphone tho, and dekoni pads seem sexy af.

I mean argons are still in his price range. Dekonis are bright but yeah I think he may enjoy those since he likes the signature from the 770s

the t60 rp wouldnt be a bad pick either good amount of bass not as much as the dekoni blue but better build quality and overall just a better resolving headphone

not particularly any difference they have what they changed on drop here

What did we do to refine a classic?
-Combined the short and long cables into one 6 foot microphone cable with controls.
-Switched carry case outer material from pleather to woven nylon.
-Removed the airplane two-prong adapter.
-Removed the cable zipper pouch.
-Requested all of the hardware in black, worked through various woods and finishes to find a deep, dark, smoky finish that shows the walnut grain and is a bit antiqued.

true in that case I would go argons honestly

yeah, in my head if i stay below 300 its between the nightowls, the dekoni blues, the argons, or the meze 99’s. Man, decisions, decisions.

Well this will depend on what signature you want. The difference here between all of these is they are different from one another. Nightowls are dark, dekoni are bright like your 770s, argons are balanced, meze are warm with balanced tones but not as great for gaming.

personally would remove nightowls from that list. I would try to find hawks instead but they arent bass cannons either just weirdly tune weird presentation great for those who like them headphones

if you can find them for $300 used definitely get the fostex purple hearts sub $500 bass gods honestly

yeah, because I have 2 pretty bright headphones, so these cans would preferabily be darker and warmer, so that my headphone range has a bassier, warmer option to complement the fairly bright and sparkley cans I already have.

I can second this. I am by no means a big fan of the owls. Hawks are gorgeous though and are permanently in my collection till a replacement shows up.

shit, if he can get real lucky he could find e-mu teak for $300 thats a straight up bass cannon

Damn, I might have to keep an eye out for one of these 2. Besides like market sell chats on discord (which I’m a part of already), where else would I look for these being resold or being sold used?

Well, your 770s are a bright headphone however your fidelios are a warm headphone

r/av exchange on reddit and US audio mart

The fidelios definitely sound like a super bright headphone. They’re the original X2’s, not the hr edition, but I can distinctly tell the X2’s are brighter than my 770’s.