šŸ”¶ Beyerdynamic DT1990

i love the foam too i didnt take it off since i installed it. it just did what i was doing with with eq before 8.5k peak down and a bass shelf perfect

What is this? :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

That is massdrop

1 Like

Well, I tried these again and I donā€™t think theyā€™re for me lol. Thought maybe with my current setup and a couple years later my ears may had changed a little but thatā€™s not the caseā€¦
Iā€™ve had these for a little over 24 hours and I think Iā€™m going to sell lol. Iā€™d return them but to send them back to Thomann in Germany, it would cost $130-$150.
If anyone is interested Iā€™ll have these listed in Buy/Sell for $450 plus free shipping CONUS.

1 Like

Unfortunate, just too bright?

1 Like

Just not a fan. They come off grainy to me. Just doesnā€™t agree with my ears. Some like these and thatā€™s good, but itā€™s not for me.

1 Like

Yeah its due the brightness very grainy reducing the 8k peak in any way eq pads or foam reduces the grain for me amd they sound much cleaner for my hearing

2 Likes

tygr filter is like a mandatory suggestion from me for that damned peak at this point. Maybe a pad swap but the filters are so cheap, theres not much of a reason not to grab some

yes i know i invented the tiger filter swap

eh? Filter swapping to reduce the treble on the beyers has been around for a very long time, itā€™s just now we have a proper filter that works for that instead of putting toilet paper on the driver.

1 Like

Yes but i come up with the tygr filter

Owning the HD660 and X2HR do you think it makes sense to get the DT1990 for 180 EUR?

For 180 euro its a steal i would buy it its a good addition to the 660

1 Like

I would think thatā€™s actually a scam and tell you to be very careful and aware as the 1990 is definitely more expensive than that. If itā€™s real without issues than yeah itā€™s a very nice deal. Normally the DT 990 is around 180 while 1990 is above 400

i did the same and would highly suggest oratory1990ā€™s eq for them even just to try it out

I know it sounds impossible. Actually I picked them up from amazon.es on Black friday as an open box, in like new condition. They had a crazy low price on the DT1990 at that time, and they gave another 30% off on open box, so it ended up like that. The other great find was the X2HR for 53 EUR. It was hard to resist. My return window is still open for the DT1990 until the end of Januaryā€¦ It tends to grow on me (the DT1990) Iā€™m just struggling with the Beyer peak :slight_smile:. Iā€™m about to order the Amiron foam discs to tame it. Iā€™ve read good things about them on this thread.

1 Like

Iā€™ll have to try it I know. The only issue is that I have a Mac, and thereā€™s no Foobar on it, only on PC. Does anyone know a Foobar replacement for Mac?

There is Foobar for Mac. I use it.

Though of late Iā€™ve mostly been running music off my phone, either Foobar or Tidal.

1 Like

Hi, i bought dt 1990 today, currently my main amp is Asgard 3, but i hear sound degradation in comparison when connecting to mojo. My Allo revolution dac arrived yesterday and i should wait for 7-10 days more to receive custom linear power supply for it. Im planning to use mojo as standalone, and i want second desktop setup to use with allo revolution dac. The question is what good amp to choose for dt 1990? Which will be better than asgard 3. Flux labs is in my list, but it quite expensive for me. Maybe something i can buy 350-500 range for used device?

Have you considered tubes, say a Feliks Echo?..not heard it myself but with higher impedance Beyers itā€™s supposed to work well, Iā€™m sure other members will have other suggestions but might be worth looking at :+1:

1 Like