šŸ”¶ Beyerdynamic DT1990

Might also consider something like an RNHP in that range, which tends to pair pretty well with Beyers.

2 Likes

Thank you guys for your advices. Maybe i should try ifi idsd black label? I hear that it is better than mojo? Maybe i should stay with mojo for first setup and ifi idsd black instead of Allo revolution + asgard/rupert/feliks? Is the ifi idsd black is good enough for 1990? Mojo is really good, im just want to go for higher level;)

is the 1990 a good second headphone if I bought the hd58x?

Depends on your tolerance to treble but I donā€™t see why notā€¦ 58x is a very balanced sounding headphone with some warm tones to itā€¦ 1990 is a flexible sound signature but out of the box itā€™s neutral bright and quite analytical though itā€™s other pads turn it into a V signature. I would recommend trying the DT 880 or DT 990 before you go straight to the 1990 if possible. Just definitely make sure you have a strong amp for all this.

I have a magni modi stack, Iā€™m also not sure what Iā€™m sensitive to Iā€™m brand new to this and still waiting for the 58x to ship.

Yeah, even more so a reason I would say try the other beyers first with a return policy or a store of some sortsā€¦ 880 would be neutral bright, 990 is the v signature but with more recession in the mids than the 1990. 1990 is like a mix between the two headphones based on which pads you use. since you have magni you shouldnā€™t have to worry about power issuesā€¦ try the 250 ohm or 600 ohm variants see what you think. 880 has more mid presence than 1990, less treble, semi open back vs open back, and in 600 ohms more bass. 990 naturally has more bass than both pads of 1990, less mids, sharper peak in 250 ohms, smoother treble than 1990 in 600 ohm

1 Like

are there any other headphones you think would pair well with the 58x?

Depends, so the 58x is more of a balanced signatureā€¦ what would you say your preferences are? Thereā€™s plenty that will compliment a Sennheiser lol

I have zero experience with high fidelity headphones, I currently own a pair of shp9500s I bought mostly for ps4. I mostly listen to metal and rock but a variety of other things

ah okay, well if you were looking for an upgraded version of the shp9500ā€™s I would more than likely tell you Hifiman Sundara would be a definite upgrade in my opinionā€¦ DT 880 and 1990 could be seen in that case as wellā€¦ but they are more aggressive. SHP9500 is another neutral bright signature but definitely not as bright as the beyers

hmm, well if your a bass lover I would recommend trying to pin down a copy of the Nighthawk Carbon less you prefer a more intimate soundā€¦ which maybe a meze 99 will suit you wellā€¦ nighthawks were discontinued so they are a little hard to find but they are a bassy and dark signature and quite unique at that while meze 99 is a very pleasantly intimate warm sounding headphone. You could also go with tygr 300r since your a gamerā€¦ they are a warm-ish V signature as well despite being ā€œgamerā€ branded they are still very nice and donā€™t look all that game-y reallyā€¦ these do fantastic in any FPS but also work very well in casual settings

Honestly as much as anything I want to try different sounding things to see what I like

well, you tried bright, and 58x can be considered neutral. That leaves Dark, Warm, V, and Harman. Suggestions above work fineā€¦ if your looking for a V signature 990 would work in that regard just keep in mind thatā€™s a pretty sharp V lol. As for harmanā€¦ I would ask the others whatā€™s a good one for that outside of just using eq to get to that.

skip the 1990 here for the time being till you know your own preferencesā€¦ best not to go spending so much money till you know for sure.

1 Like

ok, thanks for the advice

1 Like

There are new dekoni headband and a new pad for the 1990 called choice hybrid

https://dekoniaudio.com/product/dekoni-audio-choice-hybrid-replacement-ear-pads-for-beyerdynamic-dt-and-akg-k-series-headphones/

that frequency response chart :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Haha yes looks strange but if you look clearly it just makes the headphone louder

So Iā€™m debating getting the 1990. I have the t1.2 and Iā€™m running an rme adi with the neve. Im pretty sure Iā€™m just thinking the grass is greener on the other side can someone please convince me to save my money lol.

Itā€™s going to come down to signature and tuning, the 1990 will be more linear and neutral bright, with some reduced technical performance and in comparison to the 1.2. So if you feel like you really need that signature change, it could be worthwhile but otherwise Iā€™m not sure if I would do that

I think its not worth when you are already own a t1. Maybe look into a pad swap

Thanks for the help guys really appreciate it