šŸ”¶ Beyerdynamic DT1990

dt 1990 only, I just want to set it up once plug headphones in it and thatā€™s it. I want something that will make it sound nice and be good for gaming. All those xlr and other inputs doesnā€™t matter to me just best sound quality around 300$ and better than soundcard i have right now.

I would recommend a dac and a amp

Shit stack magni + modi

Or the zen v2

There is also topping l30 +e30

But dont get the fiio k5 pro i tried it with the 1990 and it didnt sound good

Iā€™m using my DT1990 with a K5 Pro and have better results than with my Aune X1s. Iā€™ll upgrade to Topping A30 Pro in the next days tho

do you buy d30 pro dac with it or just amp?

I already got a sanskrit 10th mk2 this year and Iā€™m keeping it for a while I guess.
Since all my headphones are unbalanced I donā€™t really need a balanced dac for now; it would only add more convenience because i could run xlr to the a30 and rca to my speaker amp.
Iā€™m not sure if I would get the D30 or the Soncoz SGD1 when upgrading my DAC in the future tho

I have few more questions and Iā€™m sorry if i bother you too much.

Do you use it for gaming? I wonder because my soundcard have 7.1 suround sound card. Will i lose some benefits of being abble to point out where enemy is in letā€™s say in cs:go. If i go for dac/amp will it be trade for better music quality over a gaming advantage or it not going to impact imaging at all?

I did watch zeos review on toping but is too expensive for me. If you were to spend 300-400$ what would you recomend?

Cs go has its own surround sound virtualiser build into the engine actually you loose accuracy using your 7.1 on your sound card

If you still want to use 7.1 or any kind of surround sound you can use the software called hesuvi it has all the surround sound engine emulators you can imaging build in and its free

But as some one who plays cs for 15 years now and a ton of other shooters i recommend you to disable any dsp that is not coming from your actual game it just blurs the quality and presicion

1 Like

Those 7.1 soundcards are a joke, I also had one back in the day. Headphones only have two channels and thatā€™s all you need. Good games already have good sound engines and you can easily hear any steps in cs:go with a normal stereo dac and amp, which have way better sound quality in general.

If you want to spent 300-400 you have many options. If you donā€™t need balanced I would just go for a Topping E30 or SMSL Sanskrit DAC and Topping L30 amp or the new Schiit IEMagni Amp.
If you want warmer sound, the Schiit Asgard seems to be pretty nice and gives you even more power.
A balanced setup would probably cost more than the budget and I donā€™t really see the benefit in balanced except power, but most unbalanced amps already have tons of power.

All of the mentioned amps and dac have superb measurements results and enough power to drive most headphones.

I think I also played around with those surround sound emulator softwares but you donā€™t really need them imho.

I did some more online search and i found some people not recomending topping solution because it make headphones bright and dt 1990 are already bright. I end up with i believe the most safe choice which is JDS Element 2.

Itā€™s funny how itā€™s cheaper for me to order it from US and pay 60$ for shipping then buy it from online sellers in Poland. Now iā€™m praying it doesnā€™t come damaged and will survive for at least 3 years.

1 Like

If you strictly use Dt1990, the Aune X7s might also be a good choice. Really nice build quality and the 10 ohms output impedance isnā€™t a problem for 250 ohm dt1990.

Solid choice its clean and powerfull

1 Like

Hi Guys, I didnt read the entire thread so of this was mentioned sorry in advance. I received the DT770 80 ohm and like them a lot but they are hot. Everyone talks about the trebble and siblence but to my ear its mot that bad. So my question. Does the DT1990 have more trebble than the 770 or harsher treble? Looking to get a open back again as the heat and air pressure of the closed back is getting to me. Thanx in advance

Open back will help you alot with hot ears. but if the 770 has to much treble for you it wont be much better with the 1990. Except you buy the amiron wirelles foam disc also.

There are still the option of amiron home or tygr 300 r from beyerdynamic without that peaky treble

When the treble dont bother you the 1990 is a solid upgrade

Yea the treble doesnā€™t bother me at all, I felt the Elex was even brighter than the DT770. So if the 1990 is on the same level as the 770 ill be ok. Thanx a mil

Yea its fine then its a great headphone if you order from beyerdynamic be sure to order these foam disc 100% too

These reduce just the treble peak by 4 db and increase bass by 1 db. They also increase stage and imaging. Its a nice to have for a few bucks. I use them with the dekoni elite velour together

Is there any video how to do it, iā€™m bit scared to damage my headphones.

Here you can see how to remove the stock foam disc. Replace the stock one with the amiron wireless one. Its pretty easy dont worry

1 Like

DT1990 is not open, is semi-open and if you ask me, is more closed than semi-open, only few small holes at the back, the rest is plastic. The exterior is fake, made only to look good and stylish. Check here at 7:08 https://youtu.be/I6zj02bz8f4?t=428
DT1990 even if it has a relative small weight, it feel very heavy on the head, you will always feel that you wear headphones. Even so, they are not fatiguing to wear for me, but I can say I feel a relief when I take them off. I donā€™t use them for basic listening, I use only I need them, because is just annoying to have something on my head when I just want to hearā€¦ sound. Also the clamp is there so you get the intended sound and not fall off when moving around (when mixing). You can ride a motorcycle, your DT1990 will remain on your head.

Maybe train your neck i wear them 6 hours straight for gaming and completely forget i have them on

Guys i just recived Element 2 but now i have problems with ā€œsā€ and ā€œzā€ sounds. I downloaded apo eq but donā€™t know which eq use.