šŸ”· Beyerdynamic DT770

The 250 ohm is the best imo, but getting used to the signature helps too lol

Could you return them and get the 250 ohm instead?

Bought them for 70 bucks used which is a deal

Ah, yeah that does change things.

With some eq and pad change I find them more enjoyable weird though I thought because they are 32 ohm that they would be efficient but I swear got more volume out of my argons. Have an lg g7

Yeah but you arenā€™t going to run your Argon properly off a phone lol. They wonā€™t sound the way they should. You need at least an XD-05+ or Schiit Asgard 3 for them!

Exactly why I have a asgard 3 with a dac installed the low end and sounds stage is increased.

4 Likes

Well then lolā€¦ thatā€™s pretty sweet. :smile:

@Thizguy00 Hi! You said you prefer CALs instead of DT 770 32? Why?
I have both , CALs and DT 770 250 and I choose Aurvana only when I watch movies or youtube. For music and games DT770 anytime.
CALs have a weird soundstage and the sound is only clear and without distortion on medium volume. And I donā€™t like listening to music at a higher volumeā€¦
BTW, what pads are those ?

I think the CAL are better than the 32 ohm version, I know I tried the 80 ohm version and the bass sounded very uncontrolled and the treble was too sharp and sibilant. The 250 ohm was a night and day difference. Tightened up the bass, and the treble sharpness was toned down just enough.
I think the lower ohm ratings of Beyerdynamics are not as good as the higher ohm ratings.

I would agree with you if I had the 250 ohm but I donā€™t and theyā€™re zmf cowhides

Thanks, nice pads!

@Soren_Peregrine I agree with you! Even on the box this is written.

How does the sound of the 770 250 ohm (properly powered) compare to the 177x GO? I havenā€™t owned Beyers before and Iā€™m contemplating them for the future as another closed option to use at the office. Also I have the MDR-1A as a point of reference too if someone wants to draw comparisons there as well.

The 770 250 ohm has more subbass and a more v shaped signature, where the 177x has a more even sound. The 177x has a fair bit better detail, imaging and soundstage. Also better build with a detachable cable. Can also be balanced

3 Likes

Thereā€™s some really nice chemistry here :ok_hand:

9 Likes

Iā€™m going to be trying out the exact same setup in a few days. Just purchased the DT770 250 ohm off eBay new for $120. Iā€™ll be running them off my Liquid Spark also. Looking forward to hearing it! Iā€™m hoping to replace my MDR-1A for a closed back setup.

4 Likes

Nice! Look forward to your thoughts :+1:

How do you feel about the bass response on these compared with the Nighthawks running them both off your LS? We are going to have matching setups. Haha! I LOVE the hawks but for some types of music (electronic / dubstep) I feel like I want a little bit more impact (slam?). Iā€™m hoping these will be more of a go-to for that type of sound.

1 Like

770 250ohm are my wub wub cans. Great for EDM and hip hop. I slapped on some MrSpeakers Alpha pads to increase the stage. Found them for $109 brand new (not sure about tax and shipping).

Found a coupon code: PAS5, drops price to $104
Free shipping, Tax in California (it would be $115 for me)

https://www.proaudiostar.com/beyerdynamic-dt-770-pro-250.html?utm_source=Google_Shopping&gclid=CjwKCAjw3-bzBRBhEiwAgnnLCjHD0Ey98LpmRhjQGNYgTKIij9Ph6jW8ufEyGxR_Dep9MdRERLUsYhoCm8cQAvD_BwE

hmmā€¦ im bad at comparisons but a/b on the tron legacy end titles track I think the nighthawks take it by a hair for slam factorā€¦ that said the 770 has a more normal bass response (for lack of a better term) and the highs are more present so I think youā€™ll find the 770ā€™s are nice for said genresā€¦ theyā€™re such different headphones lol a/bing anything with the hawks is pretty hilarious