đŸ”¶ Beyerdynamic DT880 600Ω

Another POWER :boom: question.

Will 1Watt at 32Ohms be enough to power the 880?

I tried to compare some of the already asked about AMPs with the tech spec of my XD05+ but Xduoo only gives a Watt rating at 32ohms and become Watt and Ohms don’t scale linear or equal between AMPs it makes it difficult for me to compare.

In terms of loudness, probably. That’s true for a bunch of the amps mentioned in this thread. There is a big difference between loudness and power to properly drive these headphones.

Unless you balance this set, or send a ton of power to it, I personally don’t think you are unlocking the full dynamics of this headphone.

1 Like

Just started a thread on HP power rec’s hopefully personal experiences can help?

According to headphone power measurment site 
 it needs 125mw @600 ohm to get very loud 
 so theoritically schiit heresy is enough 
please tell me if you tried pairing them :sweat_smile::pray:

Just got these in. Debating on which connectors I want to use if I decide to mod it.

These do play nicely with my tube amp (only specs available lists 350mW output power @ 32 ohms).

4 Likes

Latest discussion. I think the output impedance and negative feedback loops/topology may have something to do with it. I have an old crown speaker amp that I’ve used for planer headphones before, and they had great bass due to the heavy feedback significantly dampening below 400hz so I dont think its power guys. This dude is at least partially right. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Yeah I honestly think Zeos misinformed everyone on the power requirements. I used them on an atom almost a year and they sounded great. I finally upgraded to the asgard 3 which is powering them to their full potential and theres only a very slight upgrade in sound quality. If you’re worried about power, dont be.

1 Like

Like always

2 Likes

What’s the premise for this point?

Zeos better address this soon, or he may face an impeachment inquiry. :wink:

Seriously though, I have both the Asgard 3 and the Darkvoice, and while both power the 600ohms to adequate volume, they just sound sweeter on the Darkvoice. Fuller bass and whatever tube distortion, so I agree with No Theme that output impedance must be playing a big role here.

1 Like

“No Theme Reviews” confirms what a ton of people said and experienced here: A 100$ liquid spark is excellent for these – no need for a nuclear power plant.

6 Likes

Why would anyone trust No Theme Reviews. He has spent half of many of his video bashing other reviewers. Also, why come to a forum created by Z and DMS and bash Z? This just doesn’t make sense to me. If you hate Z and love No Theme Reviews, then go to one of the other forums or reddit.

1 Like

I mean you can still support someone while being critical of them. I like the community here and this is a Fantastic layout for a forum. I think everything has been tame too so I dont get the tone of your comment to begin with lol

14 Likes

I agree with this 100 %.

What Mufflertape said. And I don’t hate Z. I just think it’s funny when he orgasms over things for 30 minutes straight. He sets himself up to be made fun of.

3 Likes

I would rather have Z orgasm on cam then listen to some dude yell about how much he hates Z for the most of his review.

hey
 So
 I am kinda
 really crap at soldering. Does anyone know of people who are selling balance modded DT880 600Ohm.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/684442635/beyerdynamic-dt-770880990-detachable

was hoping to find someone who had already acquired, modded and was selling them outright like the Argons (as international shipping right now is borked) but this is cool too

I like Zeos, but yeah, he was wrong about the 880s.

3 Likes