šŸ”¶ Beyerdynamic DT880 600Ī©

Is there a difference between the Premiums and The Pro version of this headphone?

The premium has a bit less clamp and a slightly more comfortable fit imo, and also has a straight cable. The pro has a bit more clamp and a coiled cable

2 Likes

So the dt990pro for gaming is a good option?

2 Likes

Out of all the other similarly priced headphones the 880 are the best one for gaming.

I think the 880 600 ohm is the best out of the lower end beyer lineup with the most detail, most refined signature, and the best ability to recreate a space, which is really nice for gaming

2 Likes

Just did a review of this headphone here:

Liquid Spark amp just arrived today and Iā€™ve had about an hour with it driving the 600 ohm 880. Itā€™s a better match than SP200 or even the Atom. Switching back and forth the LS gentle high roll-off is advantageous for this headphone. Iā€™ll have to do more listening of course, but after just letting music play the sharp s and t sounds do fade away much moreso than when I used these cans on other amps. I should add though that said is the case when the LS in on low gain. At high gain the 880 seems to pick up on a bit more high frequency noise and push it straight into the ears. To get up to an average of 75 db, which is about the loudest I listen, that requires pushing the LSā€™s pot to about 3:30 or 4:00. Still, Iā€™m overall encouraged. Incidentally, I can tell the LS pretty much goes blow-for-blow with the Atom. They sound different, but itā€™s hard to pick one that sounds ā€œbetter.ā€

4 Likes

I prefer the warmer and wider and more relaxed tuning of the spark tbh, I just find it more enjoyable for most headphones

1 Like

Iā€™m slowly figuring out Iā€™m the same way, I think. It seems that most things that are described as sounding ā€œwarmā€ actually sound a little more ā€œnatural,ā€ overall having better timbre. Not always, but more frequently.

Thatā€™s a good pairing. Dt880 600 with liquid spark. I have been using my thx with the dt880 and sometimes I found it bright. With the LS is pure enjoyment. I can I say it make al my music enjoyable.

why I got the LS over the atom was because of the fact it just sounded so much better on my 990. the roll off it add to the sound and make them a more pleasant experience I basically got to get rid of my old eqā€™s

1 Like

Yeah, I used to use LS with my Grado, and the T2 Pro for that exact reason. The LS was the first amp that taught me about pairing amps and headphones.

1 Like

you know it might not be the most linear, or the cleanest in the current $100 amp line up but juist bacuase of this reason I still find a reason to keep recommending it

I still have mine, Its sitting on top of the THX. Iā€™m debating on selling it or moving it to my bedside. The RNHP has the same idea just on steroids. Tonally , not power wise.

you wanna sell the LS or the THX?

Right now, Iā€™m holding on to them for review comparison reasons but if something changes Iā€™ll let you know.

ah sorry let me clarify. Im not interested in them personally . TBH if I want a transparent amp. I would go with a G stack. but I was asking which one you were goin to sell. cause the previous comment made it it seem like you were going to sell the thx amp but it wasnā€™t quite clear

Oh. No prob. The LS. The RNHP has the same effect as the LS but has better separation, detail and bass

I noticed this with my sennheiser headset, and it was another reason for me not to return the rnhp. I had planned on replacing the atom with a liquid spark, but found the rnhp gave me what I wouldā€™ve wanted from the liquid spark, and I hadnā€™t expected that.

1 Like

ooohm probably pairs really well the dt 1990