šŸ”¶ Beyerdynamic DT990 600Ī©

Canā€™t say from experience, but if i were in the market for a budget DAC, Iā€™d personally go for the E30 between that and the D10.

nice. thanks for your sugestion

I mean for me it was like $30 - $40 more and it does sound nicer to my ears so I like the e30 more. It performs better. As for your questions involving topping and atomā€¦ like said atom is more neutral and spark is better at taming that treble. A30 + D30 is similar to the atom stack

Guess i Will have to wait for restock on LĆ­quid Spark and magni3+ and are wich one stock up faster.
And probably i will go for E30 dacā€¦

1 Like

@Falenkor @M0N @RiceGuru guys do you know if topping E30 needs to BE pluged to the wall or it can be powered by USB port on PC ? Zeos only pluged it to an external batery.

one cable plugs into the pc the other has to either plug into a second usb port on your pc or an external wall outlet or like mentioned battery. I didnā€™t have a wall wart at firstā€¦ Just plugged both cables into the usb ports on my pc and it powered up fine.

The cable looks likeits usb to 5v so you should be good but it is also apparently sensitive to power used

Zeos just say it comes in the box with 1 cable of 5v to USBā€¦
What do you mean by sensitive to power used?

I think Iā€™m gonna need to replace my 990s pads, mine seem to be flattened quite a lot so my ears are touching the driver housing.

What would be a good option for pads on these? Is it only the beyer stock pads that should be used? Or are there some dekoni or brainwavz pads that are also good to use on them?

Dekoni Elite Velour pair fairly nicely with it a bit thicker though in my opinion not quite as comfortable. Still nice though. Those and the Sheepskin/Choice from dekoni work without completely ripping the sound apart but I think the elite velour probably has some of the better sound outside of the stock pads themselves. However, do keep in mind that the 600 ohm pads are actually thinner and somewhat firmer than the original 250 ohm pads, no idea why, so you could always go grab those or find the tygrs pads, cause those are stupidly comfortable.

2 Likes

Thanks, Iā€™ll need to take a look and see where I can get official beyer pads from, I can relatively easily find the 990 silvers and 770 black/silvers

according to the spec shit on the tygrs they use the EDT 990 VB Ear pad, velours. Appears to be the original dt 990s black pads. I donā€™t see a code difference here though for the 250ohm and 600 ohm pads on the 990 which is odd. Definitely different though even in colorations on the back.

600 ohm on the far left tygrs in the middle 250 ohm on the right

600 ohm in the back 250 ohm in the front. Honestly, I am not even sure why they did this without changing the code? I guess the pad just gets altered with the Edition? Not even sure maybe they did away with the old pad or something cause these two while different arenā€™t both on the spec sheet it says they are the same pad.

1 Like

Is that supposed to be ā€œfar leftā€?

Yep typo lol. Still waking up

1 Like

you know what, while itā€™s on my mind, ordering another pair of those Tygr pads. Yes, they are that comfortable lol. I would happily put them on other headphones if they fit and wouldnā€™t murder the sound

Would you order them straight from Beyerdynamic?

Considering just how long they made me wait to get my Tygrs? Hah, definitely not. I love beyers headphones and all but making me wait close to a month and a half just to get my headphone only to send me an invoice, without a tracking number mind you!, that states my product was finally shipped is definitely a no go from me. They are on amazon, still from beyer, but least that will give me a tracking number. Can also get them from other sources.

The good thing about beyer pads is they fit quite a few other headphones like my akgs and among all the other pads I have tried these are practically some of the most comfortable velours I have used. I think the only close equivelant as far as comfort goes was the Yaxi pads made for the k702/k712. I mean you got zmfā€™s pads of course but man are those pricey

1 Like

Are you able to find tygr pads separately? I canā€™t seem to find them anywhere.

sure.

https://www.amazon.com/beyerdynamic-EDT990VB-EDT-Velour-Black/dp/B008XEYT6G

https://www.ebay.com/itm/beyerdynamic-EDT-990-VB-Replacement-velour-ear-pads-black/123228211508 (plenty others)

1 Like

Thanks I mustā€™ve missed you saying the model number of the pads, I can get them prime shipped, so thatā€™s good

1 Like