šŸ”¶ Beyerdynamic DT990 600Ī©

Always good to have that prime shipping. Hope ya get them soon.

ppeople are reporting that bad power sources can easily affect how the dac sounds. so just try to isolate the usb portyour plugging it into try to go for cleanest power possible

Thanks for advice @RiceGuru

@RiceGuru @Falenkor can i use something like this to power the E30? If i use the other USB port of the plug can the E30 loose quality?31rf54NfM5L.AC_SY400

Like I said, I started out plugging both cables into my pc and it worked out just fine. Any typical wall wart offering your general usb type connection is alright. Didnā€™t have any loss in quality or anything to my ears from switching to my wall later it just freed up one of my usb ports.

Dt 900 600ohm arrived 3 days ago and i tried them pluging to motherboard and at 82% of volume they sound low and muffed without clarity at all. Hope Amp and dac defenitely solve the problem but with stock shortage i will be crying in a corner for now.
Confort side they are very good with those amazing soft pads the feel like clouds on my ears. I thing shp9500 are a bit more confortable than DTs specialy because of cup sizeā€¦ i mean, on DT my ears touch a bit on the cup side. This didnā€™t happen on shp9500. Not a big deal though.
Build quality is very very good. They feel like they will last for years and years. I didnā€™t even ear my dt990 fully but im starting to falo in love for them!
Very good ser of cans!

1 Like

ah yeah, the cup size is good but probably wouldnā€™t fit someone with real large ears. I have large ears as well and they touch the tops but still not a deal breaker they are super comfortable.

Lol, well yeah onboards definitely donā€™t sound all that great for starters and the 600 ohm needs an amp and dac to be driven. Should sound a hell of a lot better once you get your setup though.

I absolutely love my dt 990s and glad you are enjoying them so far. Build quality is superb they are definitely built to last and itā€™s something you can come to expect from beyerdynamic which is very nice. I do love the fact that they also have a buttoned up headband wrap that is not only replaceable but can be used on other headphones too their other wrap is velcro. Though if those are the newer 990 pads Iā€™d check the comfort level with the tygr pads as I find them softer. Also the headphone does respond well to the Dekoni Elite velour which may be just a touch larger than the beyers stock pads as those definitely go all the way around my ear and they can alter the sound in a positive way, still a v just not as sharp similar to the 1990s

ill have to look into that once i can test the 990 600ohm with amp and dacā€¦ i just dont like the original pads color greyā€¦ would prefer black but you already said the black version are diferentā€¦ so i might look at those dekoni later down the road.

Also, can you tell anything about the new topping L30? Should they work better than liquid spark or magni 3+(once thers no stock avaiable)?

Couldnā€™t say as I have no information on this particular item. Liquid spark is most definitely the best recommendation for the beyers though in my opinion excluding the Tygr 300r.

They are indeed different but barily. Recommend you to pick up the 990 VB pads which are the same the tygrs useā€¦ very nice pads.

They might come out on few weeksā€¦

Nice. IĀ“ll look for those.
@Falenkor these pads are the same materials than the silver stock ones from the dt990 premium?

Honestly, I am not even sure at this point. They changed the pads later on down the line to a slightly thinner more firmer pad that i had only noticed when I switched over to the dt 990 600 ohm. Same material yes but potentially will be a bit softer. Black pads will slightly alter the bass a bit more forward while dialing in the treble by small margin. Itā€™s respectable enough to be just fine. The pad model number youd want is EDT 990 VB

Supposedly this is being said to have A90 performance. Rather hard to believe considering A90 is like a gold standard and one hell of an amp. Will see when it finally comes out how it performs and reacts to headphones. The designer made this comment L30 will destroy Atom in performance as well as L30 (Atom/geshelli killer)ā€¦ quite some statements here

If it confirms those statements, and for the price (~150$) it will be a serious desireble ampā€¦ lets seeā€¦

2 Likes

I would immediately keep an eye on that one as topping really does make some amazing hardware. Due to all the comments I have my eyes on it as well just in case. It could very well shut down the $100 amps on the market for a slight price increase. I love topping personally and if itā€™s better than my spark hell I would happily complete the stack with L30 + E30

Is there any good amp alternative to lĆ­quid Spark or magni 3+? I live on europe and for the next 2 months there will be no stock avaiable for those ampsā€¦ sadly it could go as far as 6-12 monthsā€¦ words from monoprice.

JDS ATOM and Topping A30 though these donā€™t exaclty meet eye to eye for the signature as well as the spark does in my opinion they will still work fine.

One alternative that hasnā€™t been mentioned is the Loxjie a10. I had one lying around because I loved the color and the shape, but didnā€™t have a pair of speakers it could power properly. It really works on the DT880s, it gives proper grunt and clarity. It does start to clip at the 9:00 point of the dial, but that should be too loud for normal listening anyway. I have used the JDS Atom with the DT880s and the A10 is far superior and itā€™s only $62 dollars on Amazon, and did I mention its red.

A lot of people I feel would disagree here as the loxijie is said to be really bad. While tubes work tremendously well on the 880 this is the 990 adding more warmth and bass tones isnā€™t particularly the best idea as itā€™s already bassy. I think he will be just fine using the atom or A30

And you guys recomend atom stack (jds atom amp and dac) or something like jds atom amp + topping d10s (this is new version. is it better than regular d10?) or topping e30?

I see nothing wrong with completing your stack personaly. Itā€™s not bad. Though I am rather biased towards topping cause they just sound so clean and neutral. E30 I would definitely tell you to grab over d10 if you can its better

thought the new D10S could do be similar performance to e30ā€¦