šŸ”¶ Beyerdynamic DT990 600Ī©

not sure on that one. noticed you put the S lol. Too new and I havenā€™t sat down with it.

there are some mesorements onlineā€¦ but i dont understand nothing about those chartsā€¦

Yeah you got me there. I would ask around on thatā€¦ I think its just an upgraded d10. Not sure if e30 is still better in this case anymore.

I think the d10S has upgraded internals buy not 100% sure. Also, from asthetics, i prefer the E30 and i just ordered the silver one. As for amp iā€™m gonna try to import the lĆ­quid Sparkā€¦ lets see if i can get my hands on one unitā€¦

1 Like

@Falenkor @RiceGuru think topping L30 just got out, already on Amazonā€¦ any guess on how it stands against liquid spark and jds atom? Can it drive dt990 600ohm?

Canā€™t really base any opinion on something that I havenā€™t sat down with. Claims its stronger than atom if that is truly the case than yes of course it can power the 600 ohm 990s and 880s. Though I will be keeping a relatively close eye on reviews/opinions on it.

For the price most likely yes IF I base it off the a90 output but assume closer to balanced performance then yeah it can, but I canā€™t say anything either since I havenā€™t actually heard it so idk lol

Not sure unless Iā€™ve heard it. If itā€™s like any of toppings other amps it would be going for a more linear more reference sound closer to the atom than the liquid spark which sacrifices measurements and numbers for a warmer sound. Knowing topping as well looking at the specs sheet it should be able to power the 600 ohm 990 if 2x 280 mW @300 ohms is as straight forward as it seem.

I know only when the first units go to reviewers we will be able to see how it performs.
I was able to order a liquid spark but due to stock isues it only arrive by the end of augost and if the toopping l30 was a good replacement and pair with the dt990 600ohm i might change (if possible) my order and get the L30 instes of LS.

Personally I actually preferred the liquid spark to the a90 in some ways with an 880 600 if that means anything but idk

Ok guys, i gave up on the lĆ­quid Spark :sob:
The delivery date was aimed by the end of september. This due to break of stock (covid).
So, i took a chance and ordered the L30+E30 stack that should arrive in 2 weeks :crossed_fingers:.
I hope i made the right moove and i hope this stack pairs well with the dt990 600ohm. Lets see

1 Like

the e30ā€™s warmth should help compensate for whatever the l30 happens to lack

the e30 is warm? Hell I sure donā€™t notice itā€¦ maybe I just havenā€™t sat down with enough dacsā€¦ just sounds neutral and clean to me. If itā€™s warm thats good to know and would explain why it pairs exceptionally well alongside the spark.

Well, itā€™s not required to have a spark really anything clean or neutral works good too its that the spark helps roll off that treble so itā€™s not so sibilant. Though if your like me and donā€™t have really any particular sensitivity to it you should be just fine. L30 is what appears to be ridiculous in power and E30 is a absolutely incredible Dac. Looking forward to hearing your thoughts!

Still waiting to be shiped from sellerā€¦ At this point i donĀ“t know when i will get my hands on L30.
I canĀ“t tell you if iĀ“m that sensitive to silbling or not because DT990 600ohm is my first hifi headphones and L30+E30 will be my first amp+dacā€¦ before the DT990 i was using shp9500 straight from pc.
For now the DT990 is pluged to MB and after 1 month the headphone feels and sounds good and promissing and no isues with ā€œSsā€ (for now) but i also know that things will change with amp+dac conected so iĀ“m expecting more clarity and presence. Because for now, conected to MB with sound that low, DT900 600ohm feels a regular good headphone.
@Falenkor you can be asure i will post my feels about the L30+E30 stack but i will only compare it to MB performance because thats the only hardware i have an ever owned. The L30+E30+DT990 600ohm is my first (expensive $$$) adventure on hifi audio and gaming audio.

Shipping taking forever per the usual. Still waiting on several items myself. I am sure you will enjoy the setup though. Should be just fine.

1 Like

Personally think so, itā€™s slightly warm and slightly smoother, still pretty clean though

1 Like

smooth and clean I definitely agree too. Well alright then. Yeah I will chock that to my less experience with a lot of dacs in that regard then. or maybe I just canā€™t really hear it

I have a dt 990 600 and a liquid spark. Does the liquid spark fully power the 990 600 ohms?

Would the Asgard 3 power them better and make them sound better at all?

Iā€™m already really happy with the way the 990 and liquid spark combo sounds. I love it. Just kinda a newbie at this stuff and wondering if there would be a performance gain with a stronger amp like the Asgard 3.

Thanks

The A3 makes a good match with the dt990 600ohm. Sound-wise, If I remember correctly the A3 will have a wider soundstage, more detail, and less warmth than the LS. It is definitely an upgrade. If you plan to get the A3 use it exclusively for a week. At first, It could sound bright, clearer or a little shouty compared to the LS.

Which DAC do you have?

powers it fine, a3 is just an upgrade.