🔶 Beyerdynamic T1 Gen2

On T1 v2 soundstage is a bit wider, deeper and imaging is similar
Maybe a touch more space for each layer in very good levels
So 1990s could seem better in imaging on first listen.

2 Likes

Nice! I appreciate it. I honestly think they will improve my comfort a bit too as my ears touch the driver padding in the 1990 so I’m literally trying to chase audiophile percents of improvement in an upgrade from it, but that can make all the difference.

Could be. Can you audition it before you sell the 1990s?

Doubtful, I think I’d have to drive 4 hours before getting to a store that even allows demos and they don’t have Beyerdynamic listed :frowning: so yea fun times being in this hobby LOL…

My t1.2nd ninja black arrived. the serial number on the new one (bought few days ago from focus camera) is lower than the one i had before (Focus camera through amazon).

I have one concern. Look at the headband from the new purchase. The black is peeling.

New vs old

2 Likes

Beyerdynamic t1.2nd ninja black edition sale! 600$ from amazon(Focus camera) and directly through Focus camera!

3 Likes

You can’t see it but I’m crying due to this… :sob:

1 Like

Hahaha sorry! I just want to help someone. I return the t1.2nd I bought from focus camera. I plan to order for amazon for a greater serial.

Right on, I have to sell at 1990 and see what happens, the t1 is in consideration, but honestly my 95x is so good Idk if I want a t1 too. It would be nice to keep a stable of 3 iems and 3 headphones I think.

I used to have 5 headphones and 3 iems. Now I have 3 headphones and 1 iem.

Headphones: T1.2nd, dt880 600ohm (Back up, to good to sell hahaha) and dt770 250ohm (When i need closed back and sub bass rumble).
Iem: Tin t2 (I dont use them anymore)

1 Like

Well thats a sexy endorsement, I may do that still then. Thanks! :slight_smile:

How do you place your t1.2nd. I know the sound is affected depending on how the headphone is place. Pushing it back (bringing the angle driver closer to the ear hole) and pushing it forward.

I notice than when the driver is closer they sound tight, bright, more detailed and the mids are more forward. The other way they bass gets more space, they sound little bigger, still detailed but not in your face.

I want to know how you guys use it.

2 Likes

Hi guys. I have an update. I have used my T1.2nd ninja black for almost 3 weeks with the stock cable (Sdac B -> Thx789 unbalanced). Then, I decided to used them with the balanced NewFantasy cable ( https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07FSJK55C/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1). The result where not as good as i hoped. The NewFantasia cable makes the headphone sound different, they sound thin without dynamic range. Also, it seem the bass is suck up and you end with a bright sound without depth.

I was going to buy the beyerdynamic balanced cable, but instead i bought this cable https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07Y6NF4SX/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1.

The cable is thin, it feels like an Iem cable. It came with a case and cable tie. For the sound, i have been using it for 3 days and i am very pleased with it. The mids dont sound shouty, they dont fatigue as the stock cable does( i can even use the headphones at night!). It seems the mid bass bump have been reduce to an straight line. I cannot explain how open they sound now. They dont have the bass background and sound more clean. For the first time i can discern how the music is recorded (Drums hits can sound closed like in a room or studio and depending on they sound is easy to discern the condition of the studio) I can hear more detail now. The bass is more tight and clean. I can also hear more micro details. For example, in the song blue angel ( Opening song for the anime those how hunt elves), at 14 seconds you can hear at your left how the cymbal is being hit with all the trajectory (you can hear, the hit, when the stick leaves, and hits again) M0N explained me before running balance cable might sound a little brighter. I am not sure, but i think this configuration (Sdac-B -> Thx789 running balanced) is end game material for me.

1 Like

Can someone tell me how the Ninja edition is different (sound-wise)?

It’s going to be a bit brighter sounding because of the black pads being brighter

1 Like

Gotcha thanks.

Would you say that it’s brighter than either of the pads with dt1990s?

I would say it’s warmer and more relaxed than the 1990 (the mk2 at least)

2 Likes

Thanks there have been some deals recently and I’m hoping they last a few extra weeks for me to be able to pick a pair up. Still very curious on them lol.

1 Like