šŸ”¶ Beyerdynamic T1 Gen3

The Modius and A3 pairing is guilty pleasure for me! the headphones shake in my head LOL. Thats what I like about the t1.3rd, the heft everything have. When you switch to other headphones they will sound thin and airy without the authority.

2 Likes

Yeah I like them off of my asgard 3 as well. Iā€™m thinking of getting an RNHP and give them a try on that for something more neutral

I used them with the RNHP. They sound good a little more clarity and a little better placement. Soundstage and bass take a hitā€¦

1 Like

Sounds like it might be what iā€™m looking for compared to my other amps and what they can provide.

These remind me of the cascades a lot especially with how portable and easy to drive they both are. big difference being one is open and the other is closed but they both bring the bass. The t1.3 has less bass quantity but better bass slam and sounds much cleaner than the cascade. The t1.3 also has less mid bass compared to the cascade. The cascades mid bass can make them sound bloaty, nasally and be too dominant for some people. I like to think the cascade has the extra thickness while the t1.3 has the extra impact and slam. With the cascade, I can get to a point where I can have them on for hours with how non fatiguing they sound to me. The t1.3 is so aggressive in comparison. It becomes a relief to put on the cascade after sitting with the t1.3.

I love bass, I cannot lie.
Since I consider the cascade keepers at $600 I paid, Iā€™d say for that bass slam and being a closeted Beyer fan boy, the T1.3 is worth it to me at ~$722 I paid although Iā€™d be even happier at around 500 - 600. Still happy to have these in the Beyer collection. Whoa these are the the youngest beyers. My oldest being my dt770 600 ohm from 12 years ago and still in use.

Will also be using the t1.3 as portables on walks around the city. Will probably turn these off or lower the volume in quiet spaces but I find these to be great for travel on the streets if you donā€™t mind open backs. They isolate surprisingly well and it helps when your out on a noisy street. Itā€™s nice to be able to just plug these into my v30 phone and have these sound the way they do.

Finally just got around to ordering this. I might also pick up a THX-AAA-One to see how it compares to the MCTH. Different than what I usually go for in headphones but sometimes different is good.

1 Like

Will be cool to read your thoughts on the T1.3 if you get a chance.

Paired the t1.3 w/ dekoni velours with the lake people rs-08 and Ares ii. This trio is doing it for me. I really enjoy the presentation of the t1.3 where the low-end is more forward than the mids. I feel like it creates this really interesting space. I notice the difference when switching to the t1.2.

The rs-08 + ares II brighten things up compared to the asgard 3 and its what ive been wanting for the t1.3. it feels like velvet is draped over the sound and itā€™s so good imo.

I really need to dust out the record player and hook it back up. I have some jazz with Carmen McRae i need catching up with now.

2 Likes

Hi @SkipsMchee. Are you still using the t1.3rd?

Yes still using them in my headphone rotation. Still enjoy them very much.

Awesome! Which amp and dac are you using? I got the g111 a few weeks ago. I think it will be a good match

Oh nice. Been reading about the g111 so much, makes me want to hear it. Im using the 1.3 on the liquid platinum, lake people rs-08, micro bl, and the asgard 3. Ive been using the ares 2, e30, and micro bl as my dacs.

Still cant really say what i like them on more. Im leaning towards the rs-08 because of its added smoothness and body and clarity.

I like switching between everything. I feel like its easier to notice the qualities of the amps and dacs with the t1.3. I guess Iā€™ve familiarized myself with the tuning of the 1.3 enough that its become very clear as to what sort of change each amp is providing.

What dac are you using?

I am using the bf2. I read the ares 2 and the soekris have better synergy with g111

1 Like

Does the g111 do anything different for the 1.3 compared to the rnhp?

G111:

• wider soundstage
  • Hits harder (lose some microdetails in the bass)
  • Has more power (t1.2nd)
  • Doesnā€™t have the natural timber

I think for the t1.3rd will make the bass hit wonderful hard and add a little more spark in the treble than the RNHP, keeping the wide soundstage (similar or wider than A3).

1 Like

Hi everyone, Iā€™m new to the forum and this thread brought me here as Iā€™m interested in the T1.3 and itā€™s the biggest thread Iā€™ve found.

Iā€™m coming from the DT1990 which I understand are much brighter but Iā€™m looking for a complimentary open back set with more bass and warmth, a relaxing sound and expansive soundstage. Something less analytical and more geared towards pleasure.

Iā€™ve tried the Focal Clear Mg which sounded fantastic and ticks a few of the boxes (warmer/darker, smooth, immersive sound) but I donā€™t feel the build quality is there for a 1k set. I couldnā€™t get over the loose and creaky headband, which has me looking at the trusty Beyers.

I also wonder if these are being discontinued sooner than expected, Richer Sounds is a main shop in the UK and now lists these as no longer available.

Thanks for any thoughts. :slight_smile:

Hi and welcome to HFGF :smiley:

Iā€™ve not heard them myself but it sounds like youā€™d enjoy the new Maze 109 Pro so maybe worth checking some reviews etc, good luck with the search :+1:ā€¦

3 Likes

I never heard the T1 myself so I am just judging by graph compared to headphones I heard and that I found too dark. The T1.3 seems to be even darker than the Audioquest Nighthawk which was already on the boarder for me.

My rec would be the HarmonicDyne Zeus. Had them myself. Warm sound with good stage and probably the most comfortable pads. A lot cheaper as well. Or you get some used Nighthawks, not sure if you will like the build though.

Another idea would be pad rolling your 1990. Most Dekoni pads bring up the bass and lower the mids.

1 Like

Thanks for the suggestions, I will most likely hold off until CanJam next year and will be sure to check out the Meze offerings.

Iā€™ve only had the DT1990 a couple of months and still getting to know them but in the longterm would like to switch between a few sets of headphones to keep it fresh. I currently own DT770, DT1990 and the Focal Elex. The Elex is noticeably darker when changing from the DT1990 but doesnā€™t have any additional bass which I would prefer if a headphone is going to sound darker.

I have so far tried the Dekoni Suede pads with the DT1990 and they do indeed increase the bass, albeit too much for my taste. They currently live on the DT770 as they donā€™t affect them too much but are more comfy and sealing then the original pads. Iā€™m on holiday at the moment but have the Dekoni velours at home to try out which I think will work well. The DT770 pads have a similar effect to the Dekoni suedes and have a lot more holes in them compared to the DT1990 pads, so I think a middle ground could be achieved by modifying the Balanced pads by adding a few more holes.

1 Like

Hm you could also try the dekoni elite velour pads they work great for my t1.2 to tame the treble without bass bloat
And from what I heard if the 109 they are a nice set of cans but definitely not on the dark side :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
If you can live with the weight and a bit of EQout for the audeze LCD 2 could also be a set to look
Otherwise I think passion for sound has a review for both the t1.2 t1.3 and t5.3 on his channel, maybe that could also help you :grin:
Also on a side note my fav set of relaxing cans would be the zmf aeolus, not the last word in detail but you can customize them with the pads a big way and otherwise my choise for afterwork relaxing :notes::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like