đŸ”¶ Beyerdynamic T1 Gen3

Sweet :+1: is this the gen 3?

Yeah, that’s an order on the 3rd generation. I already own the 2nd generation. The guys were nice enough to throw that at me despite my better judgement and disagreement on the matter.

1 Like

Well this buddy and these guys sound like really awesome folks :beers:

Looking forward to the comparison. Congrats.

Friends and technically relatives that have been around since elementary school / middle school. Nice to have around I just don’t like the idea of them throwing such an expensive gift at me. Then again, the lady of the house would want to kill me if I spent this much on a headphone

1 Like

Congrats! Will wait patiently to hear your thoughts. I am interested as well. Since I do enjoy the Tygrs, I am curious how much of an improvement these might be.

I suppose one of the things I am wondering the most here is that what is causing the difference in the new tuning? It’s been confirmed that Tygrs are just the driver from the 990 with some minor alterations such as the addition of the fleece so I am curious if this is the same way using the T1.2’s driver but different design as I see the fleece in the picture. If possible I would like to see if the fleece is removable and if so will it retain the old T1’s signature(probably not but who knows you get magic sometimes).

I absolutely love my Tygr’s but I did feel they could be improved in a many ways. Considering the price it’ll be a toss up but we will see on that. It’s going to be a little while before I actually write anything done for certain on my thoughts for them but I can go ahead and post some pictures and initial thoughts sometime this week.

Well I think another difference in comparing the new T1.3 edition is that it has angled drivers from what I saw of it’s marketing video. Which I would assume should give it maybe more sound stage than the Tygrs.

hmm? Nope, The T1 Second generation also had angled drivers. If it has more soundstage it would be due to design, dampening, or tuning of some sort

Sorry wasn’t clear, I was comparing it to the Tygrs. I don’t own a T1.2 edition. So I can’t really speak on that matter :wink:

1 Like

Ah okay, yeah that is a good point. I honestly just hope they didn’t mess it all up with the ohm difference though. Going from 600 ohm down to 32 ohms is a drastic change not to mention pulling the brightness out of the T1’s tesla driver. There’s quite the few changes here
 Tygrs are nice that soundstage is larger than most of the other beyers and their imaging is extremely accurate on the level of the 990 and 1990.

If it’s a direct large upgrade to the tygr hell, I will probably sell my Tygr and maybe the 2nd gen T1(I own 1990 anyway) and keep the 3rd gen here

Yea that is my thinking as well. I also own the DT 1990. If the new T1 is an upgrade, then I would sell the Tygr and probably a few others to balance the expense a bit lol.

Steve Guttenberg just posted a vid talking about the new T1 and T5:

4 Likes

Sorry for the confusion, I just decided to move most of the 3rd gen talk here to make things less confusing since the 3rd gen seems like a larger deviation from the 2nd and 1st gen

4 Likes

lol yea no worries. I appreciate you moving it over. I saw you did it right as I posted.

Hmm, this really didn’t say a lot for me personally. Kind of all over the place, maybe just me. I like his reviews but this didn’t quite do much. I wish he had gone more in depth with separate videos for these two but also wish he had more recent experience listening with the T1.2 so you got a better idea what your actually gaining going from 2nd gen to 3rd gen. Just my two cents though.

Anyone else got these ordered? Hoping Beyer ships mine out today. Their customer service has become a little more strained of late probably due to covid

Maybe
 :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

But I imagine it will be a bit before I see any movement.

Hmm? Thought you planned to wait that one out lol.

I would like to think beyers on top of shipping for their new unit. Haven’t seen anything for backorders yet. Mine is under the 2 day shipment so I would like to think I would get this thing this week :sweat_smile:

Yea
 that was the plan. But I had a little bit extra income come in and figured I would go ahead and pick it up. Plus if I do turn out to like them I might sell my HD800s to even out the purchase.