šŸ”¶ Beyerdynamic TYGR 300 R

Available in beyerdynamic.com for 179.00$!

4 Likes

This makes my decision even harder. Iā€™ve research these, DT 880 600ohms, and DT 990 600ohms to death. Thought I settled on the 880s or 990s, but canā€™t decide on an amp. Maybe I should accept this as a sign.

1 Like

@Falenkor !

Lol Iā€™ve bought enough of these for now

1 Like

Hi!
Iā€™ve had a par of these for about a month now and I found that the headbandā€™s cushion is too firm and it creates a pressure point on top of my head.
For reference, before getting these I was using gaming headsets such as the HyperX cloud2s and the Razer blackshark v2s which had much softer headbands.
I recently found that dekoni offers pleather and suede replacement headbands for beyers.

My question is that are the dekoni replacement headbands softer and have enough padding to solve my issue?

I appreciate any help!

We just had another try at that problem here

1 Like

They are a bit on the thin side. Dekoni nuggets may help as well

1 Like

Thanks! Thats what I anticipated from the pictures. Do you find the foam bottoming out easily when wearing it?
The Dekoni nuggets would probably help alot, im just not a fan of how it makes the headphones look.

I thought about this already, however it is difficult to find a headband with soft foam. Currently I have a replacement Cloud II headband stuck on the frame with double sided tape. The cushion is perfect, however it has an additional layer of thick fabric and acrylic stuck together, which makes the headphones fit smaller. (thats a problem since my head is on the larger side)

the foams thickness is much less than the normal tygrs headband so yeah fI would say it bottoms out rather easilyā€¦

Beyers typically use a similar headband to one anotherā€¦ I am surprised theres to much pressure considering how much foam is on a tygr. The dekoni nuggets look rather ridiculous in my opinion that goes for any headphone but they do help in some cases for sure.

Well, there is indeed a lot of padding, however since the foam is so firm it presses in about 10%. It almost feels like there is something solid on top of my head.

Some people in this thread said that the Dekoni headband is significantly more comfortable than the stock one due to the foam being much softer.

Im surprised that your experience is the exact opposite from theirs.
I really wanted to try them but im not so sure at the momentā€¦

It is quite softer, yeah but the overall thin layer of foam is questionable in my opinion. If anything it makes the tygr even lighter on the head and distributes the weight well.

Though I have no issues with my beyer headbandsā€¦ the only one I didnā€™t like was the weird one for the 1990s lol oh and amiron but I hate alcantaraā€¦ sooo yea

dropped images to try and show the thickness differences hereā€¦ thats the 1990 headband for thickness

1 Like

I had a similar issue with my TYGRs, but it mostly went away as the headband got broken in.

I ended up swapping for the Dekoni Leather headband because the cushion is much softer and more comfortable.

1 Like

thats really the only thing I agree withā€¦ the foam on dekoni is definitely softer I just wish there was more to the cushion. Its a bit thin lol.

So I managed to find a decent solution for my issue. I thought I would share it here since maybe it could help someone.

I found out that it is possible to replace the foam inside the headband by carefully guiding the foam through the little cuts without damaging anything. I could easily turn it back to itā€™s original state, so if you donā€™t mess up it shouldnā€™t void the warranty. The foam is likely inserted this way in the factory since it isnt glued in.

I removed the foam from the replacement Cloud II headband (from aliexpress) and peeled off the glue that was attaching it to the acrylic sheet. After that all I needed to do was guide the foam inside the original headband.

Overall, this reduced the pressure point on top, however the padding is a little thin so I might look for some different foam to make it even better.

1 Like

Bought these on a whim, wanted something cheaper and lighter than my Focal Clear MG for casual listening. I immediately smiled when I pressed play because I can safely say these are my favorite sounding Beyerdynamic I have tried. Definitely much less peaky than the T1 and DT880. In fact, with EQ, these sound better to me than the 660S from memory. Very punchy bass, clean mids and treble, and very open soundstage and imaging. These are probably going to replace my 58X for everyday casual listening and gaming, and with EQ they are probably the best Iā€™ve heard under $500 besides the Sundara and 58X.

3 Likes

Agreed, I think these next to my T1 2nd gen are my favorite beyersā€¦ I love the 880 but these are just such a more enjoyable listen.

glad you found enjoyment in these as they are truly somethingā€¦ I just canā€™t get behind the gamer labelā€¦ they are so much more than just some gaming branded headphone.

Back in stock through beyerdynamic site!

Do you mind sharing the EQ you used? Just picked these up to compare to the DT880s.

Thanks in advance!

How would you rank the Tygrs, Sundara, and 58x? I am trying to decide and would appreciate the input of someone who has tried all 3.