šŸ”¶ Beyerdynamic TYGR 300 R

Iā€™ve had my Tygrs for about 6 months and the pads are getting pretty flat, anybody got any tips on washing and drying them and maybe recovering some of the cushion back? Also, what is the consensus on the elite hybrid vs fenestrated dekonis? Iā€™m considering picking either one.

Washing and drying wonā€™t do anything for the foam collapsing. However when I do wash Beyer velour pads I use unscented/undyed laundry detergent and hand wash and let them air dry.

Elite Hybrid? I own a set of those and wouldnā€™t dream of sticking them on TYGRs due to the boosted bass.

Washing the pads wonā€™t do you any good, youā€™ll have to buy new ones.

Iā€™ve been using the Dekoni elite Velours for over a month now and I pleasantly surprised.
Thereā€™s barely any change in sound signature but the pads are much more comfortable and will probably last for a really long time.

Ah, the elite velours seem like the safest bet then. I donā€™t want to mess with the sound too much and theyā€™re cheaper than the fenestrated sheepskin ones. Thanks guys.

the unfortunate thing about the cheaper beyers is they do use cheaper materials on the padsā€¦ meaning they collapse faster. So either you need just new pads or swap them over to a dekoniā€¦ fenestrated or velour will keep the stock sound but you will get some rather minor changes as long as your okay with the sound the dekoni will last a hell of alot longer

If you are like me and like them flattened thoughcause of the sound signature change then this can be seen as a plus

I had very good sucsess washing them with textile detergent by hand in my shower after that i rinse them dry and let them dry on the air for 2 days they pretty much got the form back

What do you guys think about the brainwavz pads ? The leather ones look like they may be a cheap dekoni alternative.

My set of TYGR came in today - thanks @MrAyrit for the good deal and quick shipping! These are a lot of fun! They remind me of my dt880 600ohm when I EQ them for more low end. The comfort is exceptional. Not for detailed listening for sure, but for listening to music while working or reading, these are very pleasant. They are chill and precise at the same time. Which Iā€™ve not seen much. In some ways they remind me of the HD660s, but with more sound stage. (Note to self: spend some time A/B these with HD660s.)
Definitely glad I picked them up! Back to listeningā€¦

4 Likes

One bundle available!

How interesting that the tygr says contact us now on the site instead of out of stock or anything, curious if beyer is doing away with the tygr. Perhaps a potential new release in the works? Hope its just not being scrapped, damn good headphone. Was gonna see about getting one as a gift for one of my buddies in a week

Guess I will place a wanted ad later on

That would be very interesting indeed, given that it seems they have had trouble keeping up with demand most of the time. Curious if it may be the case that a replacement model is coming up.

in stock currently on the beyerdynamic us website :eyes:

1 Like

Available in beyerdynamic.com for 179.00$!

4 Likes

This makes my decision even harder. Iā€™ve research these, DT 880 600ohms, and DT 990 600ohms to death. Thought I settled on the 880s or 990s, but canā€™t decide on an amp. Maybe I should accept this as a sign.

1 Like

@Falenkor !

Lol Iā€™ve bought enough of these for now

1 Like

Hi!
Iā€™ve had a par of these for about a month now and I found that the headbandā€™s cushion is too firm and it creates a pressure point on top of my head.
For reference, before getting these I was using gaming headsets such as the HyperX cloud2s and the Razer blackshark v2s which had much softer headbands.
I recently found that dekoni offers pleather and suede replacement headbands for beyers.

My question is that are the dekoni replacement headbands softer and have enough padding to solve my issue?

I appreciate any help!

We just had another try at that problem here

1 Like

They are a bit on the thin side. Dekoni nuggets may help as well

1 Like