šŸ”¶ Beyerdynamic TYGR 300 R

I was just being mildly sarcastic lol. Iā€™ll try the Helios when I I see them at 100 or less. These seem legit for the price though. But itā€™ll still likely be a while for me. Iā€™m very curious to try the elegia with gaming when they come in though.

1 Like

Would definitely be interesting, I just looked up the Elegiaā€¦ people are seen selling them for $450 - $500 over on Head-fi thats not particularly bad but it would definitely be something I consider endgame for gaming headphones lmao. Suppose Elex is on the same boat in that. I just prefer Open Backs for gaming cause they have better sound stage and imaging. I will prefer a closed back a little more for immersive type gaming and music

1 Like

Yeah I got mine for 600 new and it came with a dragonfly red brand new as well (200 new). So Iā€™ll likely just flip the dragonfly for 100 or so without opening it. Worth it.

1 Like

Apparently the elegias staging is pretty amazing. But same. I prefer open for the stage and because it get weirded out when I talk and canā€™t hear myself. Lol.

1 Like

I grew up on closed backs but I can see where you are coming from on that. It wasnā€™t till a few years ago that I finally tried an open back. After competitive gaming for years I was kinda mad to put it lightly as to how much better an open back was. I grew up with the Turtle Beach brand until I was able to buy my own headphone of which is when I started investing in multiple ā€œGaming Headsetsā€ staying with my trusty Hyperx Clouds for the longest time till I had those upgraded to the arctis 7 from Steel Series. My first open back if I remember right was actually the Game Ones from Sennheiser which threw me through a loop since they are quite literally cold copy of the Hyperx cloud just an open back so a straight upgrade in sound.

1 Like

Nice Iā€™ve been primarily open for everything for & years or so. I only own like 2 closed or all my headphones. Opens just have a more natural presentation. But Iā€™ve been interested in trying a higher end closed and these are definitely touted as having a remarkably open sound for a closed. If they are pretty open sounding with good imaging like I read, then they could be interesting for gaming for sure. But odds are Iā€™ll likely stick with my aeon 2 opens for gaming. Just for the comfort and hearing my surrounding factor.

1 Like

I had actually looked at the aeons a few times but they are definitely up their in price margin. I had considered the Aeon Open X from massdrop since the aeon open has received quite a bit of complaints in comparison to its closed back counterpart. Had a few people tell me it has a V signature but I have never bothered to go out of my way to try it. Yeah Having an open style closed back does sound interesting. The dt 1770 were sort of like that but had alot of issues for me hoping the 177x I plan to audition will fix that a little bit. If I could find an aeon open like that to review for a good price point hell I would go for it. I think they look great and was very interested in hearing their sound.

1 Like

The aeon 2 open is really nice. It shares a very similar frequency response as the closed. He did it right this time lol. Only different is wider staging in the opens. Yeah Iā€™ve always been interested in the 177x go as well. Iā€™m sure theyā€™ll end up in my collection eventually.

1 Like

Itā€™s interesting that they fixed the staging but not for $800. Noooo way am I spending that on gaming headphones haha.

1 Like

Haha well I got them for music of course but they do alright for gaming. Im sure thereā€™s better out there for less for pure gaming. But theyā€™re really good as all rounders. But yeah pricey. I donā€™t regret it though. I got them new for 750.

1 Like

Anymore for strictly music and casual listening I have been relying on my Sundarasā€¦ hard to be beat least from my experience so far.

1 Like

Yeah sundaras are great for their price for sure. I never bought one myself but my brother in law has one and I like it. My go Tobias my Aeolus over most but that may change when I get the Eikon. I donā€™t expect the elegia to surpass them for me but I think theyā€™ll be a great complement to them.

1 Like

I cant get the lĆ­quid where i liveā€¦ do you think Fiio k5pro can manage the 600ohm dt990?

1 Like

Should manage it fine the k5 pro is impressively powerful at around 1.5 watts at 32 ohms . While the liquid spark is 1.3 watts at 50 ohms

1 Like

Thanks @RiceGuru . Really curious to know if the tygr can be better than dt990 600ohm for gaming

1 Like

would not be surprised if it was its a long time coming the 990 is over 34 years old at this point

1 Like

Is there any headphone that can be better (with same sound caracteristics) than dt990 600ohm for gaming for about the same price point?

1 Like

IMO no. not that Ive heard. the 990 is also pretty unique in terms of sound sig. the only thing I can think of that coulbe similar is the helios but I havenā€™t really tried them

1 Like

Do you think the thers any benefict of swaping padds on dt990 600ohm?

1 Like

No definitely not least not in my opinion. The pads are damn near perfect not sure why someone would want to change them. Changing the pads would also change the sound signature

1 Like