Binary Dynaquattro

You’re welcome.

I am going to release few Reviews that you might want to look at. 61T/DaVinci/Estrella etc…

1 Like

Loud yes, but it needs a really powerful source to sound loud

1 Like

Such a fun and silly iem, I’d put these right up there with fat frequency Scarlett mini.

1 Like

Agreed love this one.

1 Like

Hi Argha
which dongal DAC amp you will suggest under 8K for full usage of Binary dynaquattro iem ?

My first impression on this dynaquattro has been pretty average to meh. I am going to have to tip roll and crank up the volume i guess- i only have the ka17 dac/amp plugged into a power cord. Using high gain i never have to turn above 45/60 for my hardest iem (tangzu heyday).
So hoping they sound better after tip rolling and turning it up. My goal was to use this set for gaming on pc and listening, but that may not happen. Any cheap desktop dacs that put out more than the ka17?

1 Like

For sure / topping L30 is a little beast and cheap. Measures incredibly, actually and doesn’t take up any space on a desk.

2 Likes

The only thing I would be concerned about is if the explosion problem really has been fixed (probably has as I dont remember anyone saying anything about it after the new batch/fixes).

https://www.reddit.com/r/headphones/comments/lklvxw/topping_l30_current_situation/

2 Likes

That is a valid point. I haven’t had any issues with my unit, but you never know I guess. In my opinion though, it’s been so long since it’s been released I feel like if the unit is going to cause the explosion issue, it most likely would have happened already.

2 Likes

Yeah, its most likely just some paranoia on my part. But nowadays I believe the other brands also have some great options so there are more options now. And if they are in the US, you have access to Schiit and JDS as well.

2 Likes

Great point - I feel like there are a ton of great options under $150 right now. I even saw someone getting rid of their FiiO K7 for like $120 on the classifieds the other day… Even though I preferred the sound of the L30 + D10s combo, I’d tell someone to get the K7 for $120 every day of the week. That’s fantastic value.

1 Like

Ironically I would not usually rec the Fiio stuff as their OI is pretty high (1-2ohm). I also remember hearing that people have “pop” issues with their stuff and/or “delayed” volume adjustments.

2 Likes

Both of the things you said are 100% truth. I really wanted the K7, I thought it would be a nice replacement to my stack; 4.4 balanced out, USB in, it’s a 2-in-1 so it takes up less space… it had all the makings of a nice solution on a desktop for around $200. But the reality is I wasn’t a huge fan of the sound, it lacked the dynamics of the L30 + D10s. Plus, that volume control tech they put in that thing does make for some lag when adjusting volume. It got kind of annoying at times. Not to mention the power felt significantly less compared to the L30… All this to say, to someone like me who is overly critical, I came to the conclusion that I just preferred the L30’s sound and the compromise was giving up 4.4 balanced + an all-in-one space saving unit. But other people may or may not care about those things… You just have to try it out for your self!

2 Likes

A dac+amp kit is definitely an easier setup for most people. Although I prefer the flexibility of having separate ones as you can then mix in a switch and have a lot of fun and if one part dies, you just need to swap that out instead of the whole kit.

(like this)

(although you probably know what I think about sources and sound.)

1 Like

You’re so deep in this hobby, Riku that a lot of your knowledge goes a bit over my head, especially with sources but I do agree with you regarding having 2 separate units for the flexibility and mixing and matching the sounds from the DAC and Amp. I haven’t gotten the chance to use a lot of sources in my day just due to the logistics of it all… but I’m hoping to get some more experience come this following year

1 Like

If you really wanna jump into that rabbit hole and have some actual changes to the sound. I would get a switch (so its more convenient and easier to switch) and then get a (hybrid) tube amp from little dot or xduoo and perhaps even get a few different tubes to tube roll.

With the switch you then be able to swap from solid state amp (regular amp like the L30) to the tube amp if you want something different.

Although my warning is that if you HATE NOISE/HISS and you only iems and not buds/hps (with higher impedance) then tube amps are not for you.

3 Likes

ya know, I have always wanted one of those switches with multiple inputs but also multiple outputs, I feel like that’s the true one to A/B IEMs. But I’m not a full blown reviewer, and I barely have time to my self to listen to music at my desk anyways. When I am writing up articles for IEMs I find my self getting sucked into listening to the same 15 seconds of a song on 5 different sets and holy shit can that get taxing after a while lol

With that being said I do have a Tube amp at home with a few different types of tubes. I got it off some guy on Head-Fi for short money. I thought it was a cool way to get into the tube amp scene, but I don’t use it as much as I’d like to because honestly, It just doesn’t sound all that great. Plus, with most of my IEMs the volume dial set to the lowest possible point is still pretty damn loud. But a nice tube amp is def in my future at some point.

I plan on dedicating my time at CanJam next year on purely sources with some IEMs sprinkled in there…

2 Likes

The switch is useful even if you dont do any reviewing imo.

Yep, exactly what I did and why I cant listen to those tracks normally now…

Yeah, im not a big fan of tubes either. Could consider the Fiio K11 R2R, that one seems pretty good and seems to have some noticeable change in the FR due to a treble roll-off.

1 Like

I’ve got a topping g5 coming in, and may just ditch my “desktop” stack (VE ra2b fe, prime dac) once I get it. Pretty much the same amp section as the L30 (NFCA, 1.2W). Also has simple 3.5mm input so I can easily use it with my ipod, mojo, or quedelix :smile:

3 Likes

Yes sir, that’s my next purchase and then I promise, I am done lol I’ve seen a few K11s go up for sale on the classifieds for around $130ish, and I tried to make a deal happen last month on one listing but it didn’t go anywhere unfortunately. As soon as I see one go up, I’m snagging it. I’d really love to experience R2R and see what all the fuss is about. It seems like the best mix of analog-like sound (tube-ish) and solid state.

Sweeeeeet,the G5 has always been a pretty cool little device, the fact that it’s portable is pretty dope. I hope you enjoy, brother!

2 Likes