Binary Dynaquattro

4 Likes

I don’t even know what to say about that IEM tbh, the bass sounds loose, the vocals are shouty, and then the overall coherency is no where to be seen. And people are like, wow the best 150$. It’s just sad to see that. TBH i keep my personal preferences aside while critically checking any gear, but once a gear fails even there i don’t even know what to say anymore It would just sound like i am trying to bash them lol.

1 Like

That’s sad actually, with the current competition in the iem world everything should sound good.
Olina was a great example of how good budget iem can be

1 Like

How does everyone find the treble extension of the DYNAQUATTRO my 50 yr old ears ask for a tad more for strings.

A small PEQ adjustment and perfection

As it is I am not complaining just as a wish list.

2 Likes

I probably would feel the same way. I’m 41.

Is the 3k peak affecting timbre at all?

1 Like

I was worried too but the bass does a great job compensating and the mids dont sound forward or get shouty for me.

If anything Female vocals are almost perfect but have just a hint of thickness to them the EQ fixes for me.

I would also rather have more weight than thinner so the DYNAQUATTRO goes in the right direction for me.

1 Like

It’s got a passive radiator. That would suck if it was getting the full range and shit the bed on busy passages.

Passive radiators can’t be displaced with high frequency…it simply vibrates through the diaphragm adding distortion
Gonna grab a set. If they nailed it it will be nice.
If they did what Letshuoer did and just do shit to say we did stuff despite it making no sense as it relates to acoustic Science and engineering…it should be opened up and looked at.
Crack yours open

1 Like

The PR in this set is very different from the one shuoer did.

It looks like it is built into one of the 10mm DDs, kinda like a coaxial setup but INSIDE the other driver, so I would guess it is only being affected by this particular driver and not the other 2 DDs.

I assume that this 10mm driver isnt doing anything else than bass so the PR should work better here than the in shuoer model.

2 Likes

Makes no sense.
It says dual magnet structure but a PR doesn’t need or have a magnet and that drived behind pole piece is getting down force .
The main driver in “excursion” is pulling 2nd small shroud into same direction so how is is seperately vented to the ear?

That is a regular single magnet polepiece so the 10mm is dual mag? The "passive radiator is simply going over the spot filters are put on and …?

That is not an opposing driver. It will pull with the 10mm excursion and it won’t move because it has no surround and when the driver retracts instead of pushing mass through pole piece it is pushing on the paper filter with no surround so no real excursion?

1 Like

I believe that where in a regular DD, this hole.

Is used for venting, but Binary instead of using it as a vent is placing another diaphragm on top of it.

I believe it is similar to how bluetooth speakers have their drivers angled.

But this looks like a regular diaphragm and not sure if it will do anything…But then again it does look similar to what akg did with the old k240 sextett.

5 Likes

Still curious on what the changes would be if they changed the diaphragm to like…tape or something (to still block the vent) and then graph it if it makes any difference…

1 Like

That AKG looks wild :grin:
The bluetooth speakers are not hifi…love em and own all the JBL but it’s eating the full audio spectrum. Conveniant and fun though

I built that. The center driver is slave to the 10 inch drivers on either side (push/pull)
The mid drivers are in a seperate sealed chamber.
I had to build that cuz the bass quality was horrible till the 3 subs were totally isolated so timing is diff…as it should be and tweets are external

Weigh 65lbs and needs a custon carry strap and binders
Someday an actual full PR will be done in earphones

3 Likes

Yeah I doubt they are that good, but I dont think a vented solution would work better since those needs to have IP-rating since it is for a mainstream audience. (not sure if sealed would work better but doubt it.)

Hopefully…I Still think PR in iems is a meme tbh…

2 Likes

Eventually…I will do exactly that.
Wonder why…when let shuoer was so close, nbody finished the job. It’s a crossover and a shroud for 2 low drivers which is just extra instructions for 3D printer

2 Likes

Strange indeed, since usually if one exists there are more coming soon.

2 Likes

I rember Bill LOL he was thinner then so was I good times building thier demo cars!

Back then the gear was made in the USA , guaranteed ChiFi Now

Dynaquattro has fun bass!

If letshuoer had simply crossed 1 driver lows only and enclosed it with the PR it would actually be a PR.
The Quattro is not a PR.
Engineer at Letshuoer admitted it was an error to label it as a “Passive radiator” while Youtubers continued to pass off bad info, not subjective opinion but flat out bad labeling of tech.
That Quattro has a membrane instead of a filter behind the pole piece, :face_with_diagonal_mouth:

3 Likes

Me reading all the tech talks you guys are doing with the Dyna Quattro in my ears is fun. It’s like I am trying to relate the words you guys are typing and feeling the tech.

Yeah, all they needed to do was add a wall in between which they could have done via the faceplate and then have some holes for the wires.

Kinda like this I guess.

1 Like

“Please note that PFM is not the same as PR, and do not share the same technical definition and the application is different. LETSHUOER PFM is a reverse of the working principle of passive radiator. It has a vent hole within the IEM acoustic chamber.”

Both DZ4 and S15 are using this thing they call “R-sonic Passive Filtering Module”.
Now I wonder: Did they try to do a PR, messed up, and now calling it something else to save face? Or was it actually never intended to be a PR?

2 Likes