Binary Dynaquattro

hmm, perhaps it was only the retailers that called it a PR.

Since the earliest snapshot from their own site does not say it.

4 Likes

Interesting find

Those MTX subs are bangers. Had 4 MTX subs powered by 2 RF Punch 500.2 amps installed in my truck at the Circuit City in Shaolin back in the days. That’s a nice setup.

2 Likes

According to the company the DZ4 was a mistranslation of the tech that was their fault and they would contact sellers. The other set relased after was also labeled a PR for the first day it was teased/announced but that was quickly updated as not a PR (Passive Rad) but another PR (Pressure relief)

Exactly :ok_hand:
It is a crossover and a 3D printer instruction away from being 1st chifi true PR

3 Likes

lol, there is no way this is just a coincidence that they both abbreviate to “PR”, they must have thought people would think of Passive Radiators.

4 Likes

After listening extensively to the DQ i wouldn’t label this Passive Radiator as a traditional one either. Its not to enhance the bass as it is more to dampen and control this composite titanium driver.

I think in its application it does a great job and provides a unique bass experience that has to be heard to be appreciated.

1 Like

It isnt a radiator. Its essentially another glorified venting method.
Where they changed that filter and put a diaphragm instead. Heck, it would be more believable as a radiator if they didnt have all those side vents as well…

Same structure as hp and some bud drivers have.

5 Likes

I so agree mabye description lost in translation they probably should have also not labeled it as seperate driver either.

The DYNATRIDYNAMIC

1 Like

its as I told @hawaiibadboy, im not sure if this method is actually any different from them just simply using tape to block the center vent.

3 Likes

It definitely just a dampening system you can hear how its controlling the bass driver. Depending on the low frequency doing more or less. Some songs still come through punchy some old school big woofer sound.

1 Like

Yes but the question is more if it is due to the active DD than if it is caused by using a diaphragm as a “filter” instead of a regular filter.

2 Likes

How do you all like the stock cable of DynaQuattro?

I feel that it could’ve been better in terms of feel and it holds a lot of memory making it difficult keep it folded even after using the roadie wrap method.

2 Likes

Sounds good , but a bit tangley and rubbery

1 Like

Good review you have shared on the Dyna Quattro bro. I am surprised to see it is 259$, i was expecting the set to be at 299$ around.

3 Likes

I’m a bit late with this review as I’ve been dealing with some health issues, but I’m happy to be back and sharing my thoughts and review with you all. Here’s my review of the DynaQuattro:

I wrote my impressions above and my impressions haven’t changed. It has impressive bass depth and clarity, a forward and well-separated mid-range, and detailed treble, though I do wish it had a bit more airiness to help make it sound more spacious. Despite the forward mid-range, it never sounded shouty or harsh to me, which might be due to the all-dynamic driver setup. This IEM really benefits from amplification and shows noticeable improvement with moderately powerful amplifiers.

Comparing it to the 61T, the DynaQuattro really brings vocals to life and makes instruments stand out more in the music. While the 61T has a different kind of bass texture, I find the DynaQuattro’s mid-range better for my taste and music. I prefer the treble on the 61T. The DynaQuattro’s overall tonality and timbre give vocals a natural, organic quality that adds a lifelike realism to the music.

Here is also @Jaytiss excellent review which is informative IMO, especially his comparisons.

6 Likes

Wishing you a speedy recovery :pray:

5 Likes

Thanks a lot @Ohmboy , I really appreciate it :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Hope you get well soon bro.

4 Likes

Thanks @gadgetgod :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Thanks for the review. I hope that you feel better. Health concerns are never fun.

Quick impressions of the dynaquatro are strong for me. Having been a reviewer I get to hear a lot of sets due to the generosity and kindness of others. The Dynaquatro fulfills an itch for me. Often times an iem lacks something hard and it is hard to listen to. Like 2-3 songs in I’m just done. This Iems hits that level where I can just enjoy the music. It’s an easy recommend at its price. The fact it came in only 60 more than Chopin leaves me a little flabbergasted.

While I acknowledge review privilege as a whole. It’s just a silly hobby and I’m happy to see others enjoying it like Andy, @gadgetgod, .atech , and @ToneDeafMonk .

It’s just a solid set. The conservative in me says demo it. But it’s also nice to see a company making a product cheaper than originally planed and improve in changes. Not everyone will like it. Some people find that 5-6k area to be details. And I believe Mark from Super mentioned it and wasn’t a massive fan and preferred Chopin.

It’s a silly hobby but am definitely a fan of it. Binary did a great job in improving the cable, case, shell, and overall build quality. It’s easily going to make it into a top 5 video of 2024 that I’m going to release. Not sure what else will at this point. This hobby is so nuts as we will definitely see a few more releases before all is said and done.

Other stuff that might make my top 5:
Juzear 61T
Simgot em10
Dusk
Jupiter x hbb (was this 2024 or 23?)
Davinci
Explorer
Cca Hydro

But there are new releases upcoming like:
Jays collab Estella
Ew300
Hidiz 143
Cantor
The multiple collabs Crin has teased.
And I’m sure the market will hit us with a few more.

4 Likes