Blon 03 hype thread

Cables wont improve the sound, unless you have a broken cable. If you hear something different it is either going to be due to a volume difference caused by resistance differences or just placebo.

And if you are going balanced from a stock SE cable, the amp is the one helping the most since most amps (portable ones at least) are usually more powerful with their balanced port.

Respectfully disagree. Cables sound different to me. The effect can be positive or negative and the effect is system dependent. Often times the cheap cable can sound better.

1 Like

If you already have an opinion, then thats good for you. I rather not talk about cables/sound since wars are usually started like that.

It is a topic that has been debated for decades without clear answer anyway.

I appreciate your input nonetheless, thanks.

1 Like

and without real evidence of them changing sound, except people saying they hear it different, I would say the main reason why you want a replacement cable is becase of comfort, durability or a especial use case

For me I change the cable from stock because of aesthetics, resistance and to get balanced 4.4mm

1 Like

I just received two of these and I was pretty surprised at how well these things scale. Kind of crazy running $23 IEM’s on a kilobuck of electronics, but they do sound better lol.

Anyways, the stock tips worked fine for the wife and I. At first I couldn’t get a decent fit, but I found a second plastic bag in my box with a single set of tips in it. Looks like they addressed larger ears with them.

Hi gang, any advice on tip upgrades?

I’d like to stick with silicone if possible. I get a good enough fit with the included medium tips, where the music sounds good - but would like to improve the isolation, as its still very poor on that front.

Sony’s MH755 ear tips worked well for me and it improves the fit and the isolation that I get from those. Or form what I have been getting and suggested a lot, the AZLA Sedna ear tips can be a good option as well to improve the fit of it. All of the ones I have mentioned are silicone tips.

1 Like

also speaking about the BL03s, it’s time for me to get an another pair since the right part of BL03s can no longer emit sounds and they just broke for no reason at all. Luckily they are cheap to get, though I have to worry about the upcoming future of it being rare.

1 Like

It’s the third pair that I change, if you use the included “spinfit” tips or similar longer than needed silicon tips I that might be the problem, check if the one that’s silent have the protective grill deeper than the other one, l think that that specific tip creates a seal and when you insert it in you ear the pressure build-up slowly pushes the grill deeper than it needs to be. I used 2 pairs for 10 hours a day for a couple of months and both presented the same problem, in the same way: muffled sound from a side, I check the grill and it’s recessed, then 0 sound at all. image for comparison https://i.imgur.com/Da6Vwbn.jpg
I’m thinking about doing a separate post talking about this.

1 Like

Right now, I only have my trusty Starfields that I can use at the moment, and I hope this one does not get broken easily for this is one of my favorites to use just like the BL03s.

gaze at the prime evil I had to commit in order to get a refund

Would they work if you just dried them out thoroughly?

1 Like

In general, electric things work if you don’t use them while they have water on/in them. However water evaporation can leave residues that are most likely conductive, moreover, if there is a residue inside a BA or on the surface of a DD it most likely will alter the sound o make a short. These iems don’t work anymore, so I don’t really care if they will still be as they were before water. If I wanted to be smart I could have used distilled water, then as long as you don’t power the thing for some time in order to let the water evaporate you are 99.9% sure the thing will work again (small exception if you do this with something that might have some residual electricity inside, like some capacitors for example)

Wow, the slater mod really brings out the detail and aggressiveness in the mids and treble. I’m not a fan of the overly smooth stock sound that becomes very apparent with better tips/cable/amp/dac.

This things really makes me question my headphones that cost over 30x more.

If you haven’t tried the mod, see it here.

1 Like

yup, it is awesome for sure.

HOLY SHIT.

K, I just got replacement filters in (4mm if anyone asking), and just went for a clean swap from the originals. SO MUCH BETTER. Like HOLY SHIT.

Like, I see how some folks can see the straight-filter swap to be a bit too bright. Turns these into a certain V-shape signature. But I’m liking it. Male vocal feel more meaty, cymbals crack as they should. The veil has been lifted entirely. Oh lord in heaven the bass came alive. Gone is the bloated mass, and it’s far more detailed and articulate. It doesn’t jump at every opportunity to be boomy; it knows its place. Also feels more focused in sub-bass more than mid-bass. Still has the slam, just not as much. I could see having a second set to keep stock.

Imaging and soundstage improved a ton too. I always thought the Blons has some decent soundstage to them, but this demystifies it quite a bit. Still not wide or deep, but far better. Imaging is several steps up, easy.

This is making me rethink the Fiio FH3… :confused: It’s honestly that good. I could see if folks would do the tape/foam/cotton insert to rival the FH3’s sound.

Should also say, it was like $1.50 for replacement filters shipped from China, like two weeks wait. Totally worth it. <3

1 Like

Yup, the mesh mod is amazing for sure.

Curious enough to try it. Just ordered the mesh. Will probably try the rest of the Slater mod as well if I get the time. The BL03 has been sitting in a drawer for a while since I got my FDX1. It will be fun to tinker with them. They have a very different sound sig from the JVC so I plan to get them back into my rotation for variety.