Blon 03 hype thread

Just received my pair, only a few songs in and… they are good. very good for the price and it seems they easily trade blows with my Tin T2. Gonna wait until they burn in to see where they stand but for now I will say they are more enjoyable than my ZS10pro and can see them overtaking my T2 since these have really enjoyable bass and tuning imo. time will tell.

1 Like

these have really enjoyable bass and tuning imo.

Yeah, that’s what I’ve noticed as well.

Well I have the Cheap trifecta coming in, I got in on the massdrop Blon deal and I also ordered 2 other interesting ones around the same price. A Auglamour T100 using a slightly smaller carbon coated driver, and also the BGVP SGZ-DN1S which is a hybrid using what I think they mean is a biocellulose driver and a BA. Will any of it compete with my OH10…the world will know :smiley: Not derailing its just there looks to be sweet deals out there atm.

Edit for links for those that want to see them:
https://penonaudio.com/bgvp-sgz-dn1s.html
https://penonaudio.com/auglamour-t100.html

1 Like

I’m pretty happy with the Blon 03. They have really nice bass tuning that seems to only introduce itself at the right time. They definitely sound colored (not neutral) but I’m enjoying them for sure. It’s been YEARS since hearing them, but they are a bit reminiscent of the discontinued Monster Turbine Golds… which went for around $200-$300 if I remember right… so yeah pretty nice. AS others have stated, they are definitely a “no-brainer” given the ridiculously low price point.
I think the stock cable is more than salvageable if you you use a heat gun or blow dryer to reshape the memory plastic towards the end too…

1 Like

Some additional thoughts.

• listening to tracks that don’t have a particular strong bass presence, they still perform pretty well.
  • Vocals come through pretty good! Imaging is solid as well. Pretty good separation overall. But soundstage width is pretty typical for an IEM… it feels like it’s all in your head.
  • I think easier to drive than T2s. The bass tuning makes them a bit more enjoyable for certain genres as well.
  • None of the headphones I own match the P1s in terms of transient detail, though (Not even the Elex, my current favorites). Including these…
  • My main takeaway is that these are just extremely well tuned. Better tuning than a lot of headphones honestly. Like I’d still consider the LCD2C a superior headphone just due to their sound stage and bass extension, but these have better tuning than those overall, especially in the bass department.
  • My current favorites are the Elex, and these do not beat those in any way really… but they offer a different flavor in their bass emphasis. But they lack the extension in both treble and bass of the Elex. And the general overall dynamics and soundstage. It’s just not really comparable. But they are a nice distraction from those, I’d say.
  • just the fact that I can compare these to headphones that are hundreds of dollars is pretty crazy though. These are definitely really really nice. I like them a lot for what they do.
  • Okay… so I think it’s still pretty insane to say these do sound better than 800 s… but I can definitely see just from how they are tuned why someone would prefer them over an 800 s, if that makes any sense.
3 Likes

Just ordered a pair and a nice soft compliant cable just incase?..they should be here Thursday :smiley::+1:… i’ve got decent tips here to swop out too.
I got them to use along side my P1’s (which I fucking love) my P1’s stay at home but the 03’s will be used otg as well…also being new to iem’s I want to build up a collection of “cheaper” units before spending more I if I think the extra :pound: is worth it?

1 Like

Any AliExpress links out there for tips that actually fit well on the Blon? I don’t want to order anything from the US
BGGA says they need to be longer in order to fit well

I’m picking up my 03’s tomorrow and have both Comply and Symbio W tips to try, i’ll let you know what works best for me :+1:

1 Like

Symbio w tips are a little rough to use with these. Their a little on the short side so it becomes a bit difficult to get a proper seal. It’s doable tho. I’m gonna try my spin fits later tonight and see if they are any better.

2 Likes

Spinfits seem to work best with mine in terms of fit, but because of the shape and nozzle length, I had to go up a size to L. Every other IEM I have ever used, medium spinfits are perfect, but the BL-03s seem to require a size up with every tip style I have tried. Symbio W worked for me as well (which also required a size increase), but they feel super-insecure, even when they do hold their seal.

2 Likes

Well they got here safe 'n sound…Cable and tip swop and we’re ready to Partey :musical_score::+1:

3 Likes

Started the process of making these little cable guides or whatever you want to call them. Got the cable on last night and that gap between the iem itself and the cable when it’s plugged was just bothering me. I have to dial some dimensions and my 3D printer settings for something this small but here’s the first attempt.

5 Likes

would love to get the blue print or g code or whatever and print it on my buddy’s 3d printer if you want to share

I’ll definitely share once I get them dialed in

1 Like

Does anyone know why Z privated his Blon review?

guessing because it’s not really out yet? he posted it as a community post on youtube because there was a Drop or something so he didn’t want the non-patrons to miss out

It was never released yet, but available through direct link. So you wouldn’t be able to search it from YouTube.

It was shared earlier in this thread.

But for convenience:

to be fair, the link shared in the thread WAS privated, he must have done it after the drop ended, the video officially came out an hour ago

1 Like

Yep they must be good I almost enjoyed Dire Straits tonight :scream:

1 Like

Lol, what’s wrong with dire straights