Blon 03 hype thread

It’s Knopfler’s drony voice :grimacing: lol

just bought my blon 03 after reading the review. havent gotten them yet though. To anyone that has these and the tin p1 im curious on the comparison. I scrolled through a little looking for a head 2 head comparison with eq being used. The p1 i find to be very boring stock but with some eq the are so good, better than a lot of full sized headphones going up to $1k. ill attach a copy of my eq ive found on forums and modified a bit in case anyone wants to try them.

I wanted to update my impressions now that Ive got my dakoni bullets on them and im actually sitting down to listen to them more critically. These absolutely do not need any eq. They are so pleasant and unoffensive, they just play everything kind of genre. I am currently skipping through my spotify everything from styx to mushroomhead to skillet to lacey sturm to sublime and nothing has tripped them up yet. the lead singer of skillet i find to have some very peaky s’s and t’s but ive had very little issue on these. quick rundown of the sound:

Bass- mid bass focused, not deep and punch like a planar or the rumble of a closed back denon 7200, but just enough to be very pleasant and add a lot of body to songs without muddying the vocals in the least

Mids/vocals- guitars arent as featured as some of my favorite headphones but still very pleasant when featured. vocals are superbly clear and forward. This and the midbass 2nd are the absolute focus of these iems.

Treble- no sibliance or sharp s’s or t’s. these may not be for the classical music/treble seakers but with that said i can hear things like symbols, there just in the background a bit compared to the other parts of the spectrum

Soundstage- not wide but enough space, think 650/6xx. instruments are well separated

Imaging- well done and very good imaging from what i can tell. listening to yosi horikawa -letter and i absolutely can hear the pensil (or whatever hes using) pan from left to right from probably about the furthest corner of my left eye to my right. not quite ear to ear but darn close enough. as a side note, i can feel the texure as well and it gives me chills

Comfort- had a hard time with the stock silicon but once my dakoni bullets foam ones were on they fit perfectly. they dont move, they fit naturally in the ear and stay there. I feel no pressure or discomfort after long listening

Conclusion- very much a treat for vocal focused music lovers that lean towards the warm side. you can absolutely main these as your daily driver be it portable or desk use. I do wish they would reach a bit deeper in the bass and maybe the treble was brought forward a little bit. detail just just a bit behind the tin p1 (after eq) but maybe by 3-5%. If you want to save money or dont want to eq at all, these $40 iems of the $170 p1’s for sure.

Additional note- they just play anything with such little effort to them, its such a relaxing, inoffesive sound that i think a lot of the market wants and what a lot of the big companies like bose or bets try to achieve but come no where close. I would go so far to possibly call this an amazing reference sound to model after

3 Likes

BLON

BELIEF
LETMUSICBURN
OPPOTY
NEVERGIVEUP

I’m dying… XD
what is this nonsense?

5 Likes

anybody have a good balanced 4.4mm cable recommendation that will fit these? My Tripowin QDC cable wont fit these unfortunately…

Chifi english at it’s finest

Heh. They must have intentionally left out the “Tune” in oppertunity

The very fact we’re talking about this, is exactly what they wanted :wink:

1 Like

Is it because the male end (on the Blon) is squared, but the female ends (of the cable) are rounded? I ordered a cable by KB Ear that had that issue, and after I shaved some of the plastic out of the interior of the QDC terminations of the cable, it fit good and snug.

Yeah I was just reading about that… I decided to just buy another cable tho, I found one that has nx7 conector that works with the blons. Gonna keep the qdc cable for my zs10pro instead.

1 Like

Has anybody found any cheaper option? I refuse to believe that a $40 cable is that much better than a $10 dollar cable. The IEMs themselves are cheaper than this ffs haha

I would say you can tell by the feel of the cable, as you might be paying for something that retains less memory and is less microphonic, and also just might feel nicer, not necessarily a sound difference

20 Bucks got me this https://www.amazon.com/Earphones-Yinyoo-Replacement-Extension-Copp-2P2-5/dp/B07DW6MK9P/ref=sr_1_1?crid=1HTIZ7VYEB1LB&keywords=yinyoo+6+core+cable&qid=1571492320&sprefix=Yinyoo+6+core%2Caps%2C277&sr=8-1… soft as, no memory and pretty much zero microphonic’s plus the build quality is ok too :+1:

1 Like

Ok, my pair just arrived about a hour ago. I can live with the cable, but have immediately done surgery on a old pair of tips to make small rings to fill in the gap, to keep the real tips I’m using from going on too deeply. Sound wise, they are pretty great from the get go. May eventually look into getting some of those extended style tips to see what they’re like on them. For now this mod and foam tips is happening.

1 Like

Alright, so after a few revisions, I’ve gotten these little cable guides to a point where I’m satisfied.

I’ve found the best way to go about this is to print them with a little extra material on the internal square cutout and file down to size by hand, because the minimum thickness from the corners of the square cutout to the outside diameters are so small that if I printed it to the exact size they would crack at the corners.

These things are actually serving a purpose of filling that gap, and more importantly giving a little more support to the cable.

Please note, this is designed for the specific cable that I have which is this one:

If you have a different cable, some dimensions may vary and it won’t be a perfect fit. If you have this issue, id be more than happy to modify the model if you have a caliper to measure the dimensions you’d need changed, and send you the updated file.

Here is the .STL file for use with the cable that i linked. Again, keep in mind you will have to file the internal square cutout of these pieces just a tiny bit so they slide onto the square on the iem and the cable.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/13FfCJT5BRy2Q5RE6yVvhJumkgEkiUQW8/view?usp=sharing

3 Likes

Do the tripowins c08 actually provide balanced connection in 2.5mm, there are a few cheap balanced 2.5mm cable i found on ALIEXPRESS but a little skeptical when it comes to balanced cables… I bought a fiio 2.5mm balanced for P1 now need a 2pin for blon, can u pls confirm if tripowin is legit

I have a tripowin 4.4mm balanced on my zs10pro I can confirm it works perfectly.

I just received the Blon 03 in gunmetal. They sound amazing. The hype is real.

I was testing it through the 20hz - 20Khz test on YouTube. There was no sound after 15Khz but I think almost all the audio gear goes upto 20Khz. It even says so on the box on Blon 03’s. Am I missing something here?

1 Like

YouTube rolls off audio above 15k, try this

https://www.szynalski.com/tone-generator/

1 Like

Got it now. Thanks.

20 character limit - ignore this

Further impressions. Yeah, they sound great. If a little emphasized on the lower end of things. Not enough to be off putting. But it is a thing. I have ordered some tips of the kind that are extended, kind of look like a row of bubbles getting smaller type things. I’ll update when they arrive, because the tip thing is a pain to deal with as is. I can look past the cable, it is nothing I’m not used to having a few sets of different chifi around.