Blon 03 hype thread

no brand name products especially in a niche space like audio is generally hard to find there. if you want a decent open back shp 9500s are available on al express if your into that. also samson sr850 and superlux 668B’s but I cant seem to fins and senns, AKG, beyerdynamic open backs.

They are hard to find though the ones you mentioned, some of them are available here but as used ones though. Also I wonder what type of Comply ear tips should I get though?

Does anyone have these and the Fiio FH7 to compare?

A good call that as the FH7’s are in my sights purchase wise to run along with my otg 03’s and stay at home P1’s…or the OH10’s or even maybe the andromeda’s?..I find the 03’s fall down a bit on detail and separation compared to the P1’s but the bass though not as quick digs deeper, the 03’s soundstage is wider but still manages to come up short on seperation and imaging somehow?..so i’m looking for the bastard iem child of the 03’s and P1’s lol.

The proposed bastard child sounds a lot like the Shouer Tape, tbh. Why not as heavy in the bass, it’s still more visceral than the P1. It also maintains a great level of clarity and separation with a considerable soundstage, IMO.

2 Likes

Shouer Tape v’s FH7?..I absolutely love my P1’s and they are my at home go to…if I can find an iem that offers that separation with a wider soundstage, a fast not bloated bass that can get sub when a track has it and not bleed into the mids…the mids and highs on the P1 are spot on for me they just seem a tad cramped, that’s a not a criticism just an observation considering the P1’s price point.

Sounds like you just described the FH7s lol. That said I haven’t heard them personally, nor the Shuor tape. I’d be interested in that comparisons for sure.

I can’t compare with the FH7, as I’ve never tried them. It still sounds an awful lot like you’re describing the Tape with your wishlist, though. Some say that the mids can get a lil’ intense on the Tape at higher volumes, but they have yet to bug me, personally. Hopefully someone here can give you an actual A/B between the Tapes and FH7!

1 Like

My boy M0N sent me over here. Was looking for the Tin T2’s for a while but he mentioned the blon 03s. Are these worth the hype?? Should i get them (since i don’t have any iems)

Posted this in the other thread lol.

Blon 03 are really good for the price right now I don’t think you could buy a better sounding iem without stepping up to the $150+ range.

The differences between 03 and t2; the blons have better bass, more natural timbre and tonality, as well as being more musical sounding. The t2 has it beat in detail and separation and just overall clarity.

They are both very good IEMs in there price range. Just depend what you are looking for. I think the blons are definitely the more fun sounding pair tho.

One thing to note tho, is the blon does take a lot more work to get sounding and fitting correctly. I would pretty much say tip rolling is a necessity to get optimal seal and fit.

Also stock cable on blon is pretty ass

1 Like

They are absolutely worth it, just remember to grab some good foam tips for them. I use medium dekoni mercury tips but there are other recs for foam tips in the thread. You could also replace the cable but that’s more subjective.

1 Like

yeah i ordered some dekoni tips on drop a few months ago, so i might use those. if I were to replace the cable, what is a good/cheap recommendation?

That’s what I bought for them.

1 Like

Totally agree with this. I just got the Tape’s yesterday, pretty much everything you described on here and on the S-Tape post, accurate. Bass is fast and clear, nice wide soundstage, mids and highs and some vocals can be pretty intense, separation is indeed the first the I noticed with them.

Just to keep things on topic. I’m waiting for the Building the Legend Of Nobles BL03 to come on sale to snag one.

1 Like

How bout the soundstage? Which has a wider soundstage? Btw i own the tin t2s and bought the blon but am still waiting for them(per mon’s recommendation). In addition just bought some foam tips for both since my tin t2s tips got destroyed a while ago and since then even though the sound is still good i finally realized that it may be the reason for them sounding a bit harsher

Lol considering the price of the headphones i doubt he meant 29.99 for cheap cables

You never know. I consider the BLON’s cheap, so the cable would be cheap to me too. Just posting what I had as a good option, since I really like mine.

1 Like

Yeah maybe so, but i agree that it’s good either way that you posted it in case

It seems like I’d like the Tape more than the P1s I’ve got. To be honest, I haven’t really touched the P1s since I got the BL-03 since I like the tuning of those WAY more than the P1s. Been thinking of selling the P1s, really. It’s just, I’d be way more interested in the Tape if I didn’t have the BL-03. Kind of like feeling a bit too satisfied with them to be searching for potentially better or different atm.

So at this point is it pointless to buy the Ikko OH10 since the BLON 03 exist?