BLON03 Making me question the rest of my iem collection

I’d love to try the Starfields as well. Been trying to resist myself as much as possible. Looking forward to hearing what you think about them if you get them.

Yeahhhh, that sounds like this hobby in the nutshell lol

how would you describe the starfields though? Just wondering your point of view.

haha yeahh

They are neutral warmer signature, pretty nice for overall, richer sounding than something like the iems you have. Also might actually be more detailed too. Generally a slightly warmer neutral sound that’s pretty enjoyable to me

1 Like

compared to the blons, what’s better for me?

Btw i love your input!

Well, if you wanted something with more midrange, I think the starfields seem like a good pick, and they retain the bass and the treble of the blon, so it actually might possibly replace the blon for you lol

3 Likes

Glad to hear that!!! But why this dude thinks otherwise, he doesn’t rec the starfields over the blons https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wbQMsSFgdKQ

different people different tastes. He states in his review he thinks the starfields are good just not his preferred tuning. Worst case buy from somewhere you can return to, ultimately only you will know if it’s a good upgrade for you

Bggar does a good job with iems, he does really like them, but I do personally think he overvalues the blons a bit much

thanks man! :smiley:

the blons are a hype machine lol. Everyone everywhere recommends it. But i want something better xD

That was kinda the t4 as well imo. I have the t4 and it’s good but I don’t think I would really recommend it unless someone really likes the t2 and want’s a bit more. I personally would def pick the starfield over the blon and the tin, but it does come down to preference. I think if you wanted to go higher up, the Drop + JVC HA-FDX1 would be my pick then

do you think the FDX1 more closely resembles the starfields or the blon tuning?

I would say it would depend on the filter choice. Stock filter might be more similar to the blon, the relaxed filter might be more leaning starfield. It has a fair bit better technicalities and imo is a higher class

1 Like

okay M0N, what i will ask you will make no absolute sense, but i’m gonna ask it anyway. Should i get Drop + JVC HA-FDX1 or HD6XX (no amp as of yet)

Edit: Asking because finance xD

Hmmmmmmmmmm lol. That’s really a preference thing here, like it really would be hard to really say anything without knowing if you prefer headphones or iems

hahaha that’s the problem, i don’t know what I like yet! Haven’t really listened to good headphones. (and yes, i consider my kz zsx a good iem lol)

Hmmmm. I will say try out headphones first, I think it’s a safer bet and also an easier sell if you end up not liking them

Darn it! Can’t have the best of both worlds!

I mean I think you could get the 6xx and the starfields for the same price correct? That might be a good idea if you wanted to go higher in both fields