Budget bassy headphones under 100$?

Well from what remember the CALS are better as a whole package out of the box and the b8 while cheaper requires a bit of work in the pad region

Well looking around the used for the Skullcandy Hesh I could get them for 50-60$. PortaPros go for about 45$. How would you compare the Blon B8, CAL to these headphones(Skullcandy Hesh and PortaPros)?

Only thing making me hesitant to buy CAL is having to import and waiting for shipping. Warranty is also a concern but Amazon seems to provide it, will have to look into it more.

Whereas the Blon B8 is available locally through an online retailer.

But I’ll have to wait untill after Chinese New Year, hopefully the B8 is still in stock locally then.

The Koss KP30i have better bass than the Porta Pros from what most reviewers have stated.
I think the AKG K371 would be the best thing to save for, they are really good, not just at bass either. They can even be used as low-budget studio headphones.

The blon may make more sense then, as it’s more available

They’re on Drop for 20$ now, really tempted. I’ll probably get these sometime this year.

Yeah if budget is still a concern, probably a good choice.

Yeah they are pretty amazing for the price. Also $30 on Amazon, which is what I use for faster shipping.

The Edifier w830bt is pretty bassy too.

1 Like

Looking through the thread, I definitely don’t have any experience with the CAL but I’d like to 1 up the KPH30i for the reasons of it being lightweight and convenient to use than my B8. I just got them though, I have yet to compare them sound-wise but definitely comfort-wise they’re must-haves for any collection and do consider its Koss brothers. I’m also digging the walkman feeling and vibes with them. What I worry with them is the cable, the B8 has an incredible stock cable which can also be swapped to a shorter more portable one. Perhaps Koss is best when modded anyway from MMCX cable mods to Yaxi pad swaps. I’m excited to try those out soon for my pair.

I see koss mentioned alot on here but the bass rolls off drastically… basically no sub bass… great headphones though

If the category is purely bass, like electronic, rap, edm, ext. B8 take the crown for me. Followed by Hesh 3. CALs are good for bass as well, but I do tend to gravitate towards the others. PortaPros are the cheapest of the lot, but I’d really suggest getting Yaxi Pads.

KPH30i from what I see are $30, the Porta Pro are $40 or higher usually.

What about the k361? Aren’t those a bit bassier and smoother than the k371

Not to my ears no, the 371 have more subbass and bass, and are a bit more warmer sound. The k361 are more mid forward in comparison

1 Like

The K371 from what I know have more bass and sub bass, the K361 definitely have less.

Not to get too technical, but you can see from the graph more of the entire bass region, especially sub-bass. Just a sort of technical explanation to back the claim up.

I think it is mostly because they are great value at their price, and competent with bass at that.

Completely agree… just thought I’d mention it… could’ve worded it better I suppose lol

1 Like

These… (a little too bright for my taste, but really excellent bass)

OKCSC ZX-1 ($55-70)

2 Likes