Buy/Sell and Looking for Thread

I’m very curious about Fan 2. It’s under $300, which it had to be for me to consider, the 2+2 driver configuration has potential, but from the graph out there it has the 6-10k dip that frustrates me.

It has my attention, though

1 Like

where do you see the graph at?

These are crazy prices!!

1 Like

It was posted on the Penon head-fi page

1 Like

ouch! that dip is wild

I’m so frustrated with that particular cut, people make in their tuning. Controlling spiciness is wonderful, but you don’t have to Jack up the clarity to do it.

Seriously, pick any set with that cut and EQ something from 6-7.5k up 3.5-5db on a 2-3Q and the set will instantly sound WAY better

1 Like

I prefer a cut there but 5db max. that one is almost 12db!!

2 Likes

I prefer my cut in 4-6k right in front of that so you can bring 6-8k up a little without pain. The slope into the bump on Olina SE is my actual jam

I’m into this conversation, but it’s been quite a few posts sort of in the wrong place - think we should make a thread on FR preferences, likes and dislikes, etc?

4 Likes

Isn’t it great when you know your own target graph? I like my peak to be in the 2-3 with a small slope down to 5 and then a couple db cut after that comes back up just after 8. That’s like the perfect treble for me

Good call, I forgot we were in buy/sell :flushed:

Forgot to add sealed Penon Vortex to the list (had a chance to hear the mod (thanks @cal_lando !) so I didn’t need to try it on a set myself.

Selling my beloved Softears RSV, in excellent condition and flawlessly working. Comes with original box and all accessories included.
Only reason for selling these is to fund my next purchase.

Price: 500eur
Price includes shipping within Europe. I accept payment with PayPal FF or Revolut.

1 Like

Well, I thought I’d committed to not buying yet another Penon IEM, but one sip of whisky last night, and…

2 Likes

Yes, let’s blame the alcohol. The cause of, and solution to, all of life’s problems

2 Likes

I love that excuse … “Babe, I had a few captain and cokes last night, I’m sorry” :sweat_smile:

I just like a wee dram now and then. It just happened that I was looking at the new Penon IEM while I was having one, and would never claim it was the dram’s fault if I did any more than look.

2 Likes

As my son is fond of telling me:

“I find that if I just throw a Molotov cocktail at my problems, I very quickly have different problems”…

6 Likes

:stop_sign:SOLD
SMSL SH-9 AMP $195

Hi all! Looking to sale my SMSL sh-9 amp. It is in excellent condition. Only used for about 20 hours. Sounds great and functions without any problems. Let me know if you have any questions. Thanks

2 Likes

I am selling my Audeze LCD-X (2021 version) with the creator’s package. The headphone is in like new condition with the original packaging (hard case) and cable kept intact as they arrived.

The LCD-X has not been used as I am listening to music on primarily speakers now.

The LCD-X are in mint condition hence and the shipping fee is included in the price. Selling the LCD-X for $775

Please reach out to me if you need more pictures or information about the Audeze LCD-X 2021 version.

[EDIT]: The Audeze LCD-X has been sold.

6 Likes