Cool Stuff for Sale or Trade

Hey friends,

Below are things I’d be willing to sell or trade:

1. Rosson RAD-0
  2. Moondrop Kato ← SOLD
  3. DCA Aeon Flow (OG) ← SOLD

Any questions, please reach out! :sunglasses:

3 Likes

Wanting to sell (within Europe, idealy germany)

FiiO FH5 like new conditon 165,-€

Tangzu Zetian Wu like new condition 100,-€

A bump, with sold items removed:

Prices are in USD and are F&F. I have a perfect track record on here and r/AVExchange and HeadFi, no interest in doing wrong by anyone. Rare issues have always been resolved, and I have loaned and returned multiple thousand $ worth of goods on trust alone. It’s not the PayPal fees, it’s the government trying to tax anything over $600 per year a flat 15% with no mechanism for easily showing these are losses or break-evens in a hobby.

Prices include first class shipping (if under a lb, priority if over) USPS to CONUS.

Wired earphones

• 48 VE Pro Super Nova headphones stock pads in perfect condition, slight wear on outside of cups from where headband contacts them (photo in album). I know they are $50 new but that’s without $13 shipping and any tax plus a delay of 2 weeks or so. If you add $18 I can include Brainwavz perforated pads, otherwise I’ll return them to Amazon. Reminded me of the DT 770 Pro 32, but I prefer these, just very little isolation at all for a closed back.
  • 315 ISN EST50 original cable, IEMs themselves, that’s all. I haven’t taken photos yet, condition is perfect but would be happy to oblige. Light green on black. I’m deliberately selling these before I can listen to them more because they were a long time curiosity and I legit love them. I do not have the funds to keep them.
  • 215 Yanyin Canon. Add $6 to include box. Could not find any flaws, all accessories included. Fully functional quirk: switches flipped on one side! Still work perfectly, and are correctly labeled. In a Serial-less world, these would do me fine. Which is why I have them, it looked like my Serials had a permanent issue but there was a quick fix. I’m back on cloud Serial for the foreseeable future once more.
  • 45 Rikubuds Grand Archer IMHO one of the very best value buys of this entire listing. If I didn’t still have the Stellar as a cheap bud and Serratus as a TOTL bud, these wouldn’t be walking. REALLY good, across the board.
  • 45 Penon Fan OG awful cable, lovely design, heck of a fun single DD. Snazzy box and hecka tips.
  • 10 Smabat M2S add-on only, may not include box. No cable, must have combined with with something else in the past. (Not the pair I received for free Cal! I already passed those on for free, this is a second set from a trade)
  • 20 Penon PAC buds I have a lot of time for these, but prefer other buds in the end. Pretty good for wearing up or down, comes with cable.
  • 15 KBEar F1 Amber color, 1 pair of tips missing.
  • 15 KBear F1 Smokey color, everything as it came.

Wireless earphones

• 35 Mifo O7 the version with CNT driver, bass for days, very classy case and metal construction.
  • 15 Aukey EP-T32 design follows Powerbeats Pro’s precedent, good cheap bud for workouts due to hooks, though barely used by me at all and only at a desk, no sweaty workouts.
  • 40 Beats Studio Buds I didn’t expect this, but they are my favorite TWS tuning so far. Sound great with everything. Legit Apple, certainly not a clone, and they have warranty all the way through to September this year. Not bad!
  • 30 Sony MDR-EX750BT I’ll be sad to see these go because they sound great, and this older style is very comfortable if you’re not running/working out. Has a cable that converts it to wired, and a charge cable and pouch. I think it’s in the spirit of the MH755, definitely shares the looks.

Sources/streaming

• 120 Shanling UP5 Might as well be new condition-wise, no blemishes, little “leather” case, all accessories and box. For me a very handy way to have all 3 jack types readily available. Great battery life, power, and sound.
  • 120 SounDroid Valoq (DAP) Exceptionally rare, great sound, doesn’t hold a charge but batteries can be found on Aliexpress. Jog wheel navigation, very sturdy volume/power knob, easy hatch on the back to roll op amps, screen displays album art. Some scuffs on screen, and minor wear elsewhere.
  • 15 ddHiFi TC35i (2022) lightning to 3.5mm adapter, therefore a DAC. Works great, form factor doesn’t work as well as pigtail when in a cradle I use often.
  • 55 LG V35 It’s an AT&T model but I think it adopts the branding of the carrier it has the sim from when it is reset (?). Bloatware can be removed using ADB commands either way. In very very good condition. I think the nav bar (which is almost always present) has led to slight burn-in, I took a photo of the settings menu to show the very slight differences in off-white because of that. Nothing that would stop it being used as a DAP as I have been using it. For now the BTR7 or trusty iPhone SE 2016 is a better solution for me if I’m going to pick. Battery life is solid as can be. Not a bad backup camera to have around just in case. Much faster than a DAP, strong BT and WiFi connections too, plus cellular if you wanted to go that route.

So additions are the VE Super Nova and the LG V35.

Prices are firm.

5 Likes

Adding on:

• $100 Sennheiser HD560S condition is fantastic, check photographs. Has box, cable, and quarter inch adapter.

And inevitably, and only because of budget reasons, you’ll see my T50RP Argon MkIII here soon ( :cry: ) with alacantra headband, stock protein pads and ZMF hefty protein pads, stock orange cable and longer black cable, and OG box. Non-balanced version. Also probably part or all of the source chain I invested in to really let them shine… if so then I’ll list those later.
I knew it’d be beyond my budget all together, but it’s something I just had to hear.

5 Likes

Dang, that’s a great price on a great headphone! Glwts!

3 Likes

How do the OG Fans compare to the Vortex?

Asking and hoping you say that they are the same to prevent myself from impulse buying at that price LOL

They are very different tunings. If you can take the upper mids end of a strong V shape (mids somehow still rich imo) then the Fan is really fun… I found parts of the higher end too sharp for my sensitivities, but really enjoyed the rest of it.

2 Likes

:stop_sign: SOLD on headfi :stop_sign:
Moondrop Kato $90 WTS
Hi everyone! Bought these new,only used once. Work great,no sonic issues or blemishes. Could not get a good fit with my ears. Practically brand new. Comes with all accessories and box. Let me know if you have any questions. Thanks!

Replaced by newer listing

I’ve added things like some DAC/AMP items and, with tears, Argon Mk3.

ALL PRICES F&F happy to link to extensive trade history on different sites/forums/subreddits.

If any of the following items are listed cheaper in an earlier posting, quote me on the cheaper listing - this is copied and pasted from a general listing format (it takes a long time to format everything) so I may have offered this community better prices on some of these items below.

That aside please consider these prices firm unless it’s a super reasonable discount like “Can I knock off $5ish for combining two items with saves you shipping”.

Headphones

• VE Pro Super Nova $50 You can see where the headstrap contacts the cups, no other visible wear to note. Pictured with Brainwavz perforated pads but I returned those, so they only come with stock pads.
  • Sennheiser HD560S $100 In excellent condition, original box, cable, velor pads, and 1/4 inch jack.
  • Fostex TR50P Modhouse Argon Mk3 $250 Sad to let these go, but with what’s needed to drive them and rare use cases (have to be at a desk) they are not in budget. Has stock protein pads, ZMF protein pads, orange cable with 3.5mm termination, black cable with 1/4 inch termination, 3.5mm-1/4 inch adapter, and Alcantara suspension band. Box too. Condition may as well be open box. SOLD for asking

IEMs and earbuds

• ISN EST50 $320 Green on black stabilized wood faceplates, comes with stock cable and stock carry case, condition is excellent. Just a little too colored to be my EDC, and too expensive to keep alongside another set. I think they’re a fantastically tuned bassy set, they remind me a lot of the Xenns Up. Smooth, spacious, and bass guitars never sounded so good. SOLD for asking

• Yanyin Canon $220 Take off $6 to skip the outer box. All stock accessories. One set of flip switches is reversed but works as labeled, no issues with build or sound.

• Penon Fan OG $55 Stock accessories (cable, many tips, case (to be frank, not the greatest stock cable). Beautiful stabilized wood.

• RikuBuds Grand Archer $50 I consider this one of the biggest deals listed here. These are incredible buds. They are described as being upper-mid and treble focused but I feel like they cover the full spectrum very well.

Sources (DAC/DAP/AMP)

• iFi Zen Blue DAC $100 I don’t use any gear right now that would justify a dedicated DAC/AMP. Excellent condition, box, antenna, 5V power brick.

• Monolith Liquid Spark Amp $60 (combine with the OLDAC for $110) No blemishes or issues to mention, comes with power brick.

• JDS Labs OLDAC $55 (combine with Liquid Spark for $110) No blemishes or issues to mention, comes with power brick.

• DDHifi TC35i $15 It’s an adapter, it works well.

• LG V35 ThinQ $55 It is an AT&T model, but can be flashed to an unbranded firmware or debloated using ADB commands. Battery life is great. Slight burn-in shown by nav bar, hence the photo of the “settings” screen to show shades of white. Overall very good condition indeed. There is nothing stopping this being used as phone/camera besides an excellent responsive DAP with a quad-DAC.

• VentureCraft SounDroid Valoq $120 I would recommend a new battery for this (circa $20 on AliX). A really fun player, a very firm power/volume knob, a jog wheel for navigation, balanced output, very sturdy, op-amps can be easily swapped using a hatch in the back. Condition is showing wear, including scuffs to the screen. Hopefully it goes to a collector who plans to use it. AKM4490 chip.

Wireless buds and TWS

• Mifo O7 $50 These are the version with the CNT dinamic driver. I highly recommend them for sound, comfort, and quality of build. The case alone is a step up from competitors. Comes with accessories incl. charge cable, box, tips.

• Aukey EP-T32 $15 Box, case, tips included, no cable. Powerbeats Pro form factor.

• Apple/Beats Studio Buds $45 Excellent condition, no tips but I can try to find something generic to include. As shown, warranty is active until 9/7/23.

• Sony MDR-EX750BT $25 This form-factor has fallen out of vogue but it’s actually still very practical/comfortable. Easy to take buds out and put them back in without keeping track of them. Appearance and sound remind me of MH750MH755, which is hinted at in the model name too.

2 Likes

Bump w/ collective price drop and added the VC.

How’s the treble on them for someone like me likening it darker or at least not to energetic? Haven’t been able to find a graph on them and been eyeing the EST50 here and there. This might be a good chance to see what it’s about at this price. Any chance you still have the box?

Hi, I don’t have the box I’m afraid, but they are a set with mellow treble. I’ll do some listening at higher volumes to check it out further as far as I can say with different ears - any test tracks?

1 Like

I usually test the treble aggressiveness with Metallica - Seek and Destroy or The Four Horseman. Particularly looking for if the guitar buzz has extra emphasis on it. I also use those tracks to test if kick drums presence is leaning more toward punchy or boxy. I keep the below chart for reference. Appreciate your time for this.

7 Likes

I’ll let you know!

1 Like

I got the EST50 in the mail today and have had them on all day. Before they arrived, I was worried that they might be too dark. I’m not confident enough to say whether they do something like Metallica perfectly, but I can say the kick drum in Seek and Destroy feels like I’m at a concert, on stage inbetween the band playing.

Had I known how these would sound, I would have swiped these for the price @rattlingblanketwoman is selling them for asap. These are exactly what I wanted, and I have no complaints on the sound.
I’m surprised these aren’t more popular

probably because ISN/Penon only send out products to reviewers over at head-fi and non of them graph the sets. I found this graph as I was also interested but if this graph is right I think I need more treble

2 Likes

Yeah, that’s the graph I also found that made me cautious. Also, in Akros’s review towards the end, he shows the graph and compares it to a few other sets, like the Variations and EJ07M. I recommend checking out the video for yourself.

Personally, I don’t find it too dark :ok_hand:

1 Like

I prefer darker. If the guitar has to much bite or emphasis in the 4.5k-5.5k range it’s to fatiguing for me. Most my preferred IEMs all have a dip in that range or are at least flat from the 3k to it. Mahina and UP are about the highest peak I’ve had in that range and still enjoy. Anything more and the IEM has been a no go. Even the Monarch MKII pushed it a bit to much for me. Any thoughts on that particular range for the EST50?

I don’t understand these graphs enough. This one looks like I’d enjoy it but, this differs a lot from the video. Which has a larger peak right at the 5k mark and makes me believe it wouldn’t be my type of treble tuning.

1 Like

Seek and destroy:

I felt self conscious checking these out loud because the sound of the guitars was like I had full size HP on, and therefore I was assuming the same amount of sound leaking which I’d expect to raise a comment from my wife before long. But it being out of my head was all in my head :laughing:

The kick drum is hitting from a low frequency and has power.

Listening to the Four Horsemen now.

I don’t listen to Metallica to know what they sound like on my other sets, but this seems just perfect for the scale, rich but comfortable guitar sound (and placement), and decently fast punchy kick.

To my ears this is a really good match up, and as far as I can vouch with my ears guitars are full and resonant and very much like a live concert but no sharp or shrill aggression.

I’m wondering if this could be one of your “dark horsemen” sets.

I am in the awkward position of being the one selling them, so if anyone else with an EST50 (@trouble ?) wants to give impressions of those tracks I’d feel more comfortable. I don’t want to seem like a used car salesman or lead you to disappointment from having a different pinna etc.

I have to say I enjoy them as much as I enjoyed the UP, and if money were no object I’d keep them as my bassy set for sure.

I’ll have to see if used Legatos crop up in a few months to see if they can fill the gap.

For now the Serial still holds the fort for being just bassy enough to give that window-pulsing feel at the right times (Hey Mami by Silvan Esso, Lonely Sole by Unkle), but not feel like too much in all other settings)

EDIT: Hi Marcus, if you check over the end of my post in the “listening to tonight” thread you’ll see I’m having a bit of an out of body experience watching/listening to Behind the Sun on the EST50. I swapped to the Serials to see if it’s just volume level thing, and straight away although it’s still very good:
a) The EST50 had a more immersive stage
b) Bass impact was even higher on the EST50
c) On the Serial at an equally high volume, parts of the vocals are starting to get just a bit hot, which didn’t happen with the EST50.

That last point is a very promising one I think, considering what you are looking for.

8 Likes