Call for some active moderators

Especially when he isn’t even just referring to me, he’s referring to anyone with a differing opinion as him. But it’s over with now, just think that’s not the kind of person you want as a moderator or in a position of any sort of power. No need for me to post this anymore.

I’ll agree and I apologize, just think it should be seen that someone asking for a moderator role literally sent this within 24 hours of offering to be in a position of power. As I said the message prior don’t think i’ll feel the need to post this anymore and I still don’t really have anything against him, just don’t think that’s who should be the “active” moderator lol

1 Like

I’d like to apologize Davis for posting that. I’m sorry if i gave offense to you. It was rash and i tool it lightly. it should be noted that i took it down almost as soon as i said it. surprised you got a snapshot of it. anyway again i’m sorry for this

1 Like

I dont agree. I think i would make an excellent moderator. and i dont think a moment of weakness after a day of being badgered should disqualify me. again im sorry if your angry at me Davis. but you’ve only known me for a short period of time. i ask you not to judge me so quickly

Ok let’s chill here. This thread is going to get bad real quick if this becomes a competition for mod lol

3 Likes

Apology accepted and no offense taken. Again I don’t have anything against you as a person, just don’t think you ought to be in any position of power or the active person people look to for help when you completely ignore what the community brings up to you for months and then be the one to turn a constructive disagreement hostile. Guess we can agree to disagree. Also keep in mind asking for a position of power typically does not fare well with the people handing out that role lol

3 Likes

And on that note, I think for now, to get the foot through the door initially the first mod should be chosen by the mod team imo. Once we get at least someone else here, we can work on others

For now let’s not post a resume or reasons why one should be a mod, we can get to that later lol

6 Likes

I have a feeling you already have your picks in mind, i’m hardly active and wouldn’t accept moderator if offered to me (also would hope you wouldn’t offer such a role to a guy like me lol). I’ve stated my thoughts and am done, sorry to go a little off topic if I did so and I appreciate you not censoring my argument/opinion, seems to be something you’re good at and hope to get a few more mods like you!

Not gunna lie, I chuckled a bit :joy:

5 Likes

I mean for me a good mod would be someone who isn’t heavy handed, is pretty active, is very understanding, and knows the community well enough to make decisions that would bring net benefit to the community as a whole. Just someone who enjoys being here and is down to chat and chill. Although someone who can bring more structure would probably help because I’m not too good in that regard lol

3 Likes

I may have while writing that as well

1 Like

hmm, don’t you still have to confirm it with the admin and potentially other mods in order to appoint someone though? Last I checked Zeos and the others really aren’t around.

That is correct

1 Like

I agree! As I said i’m not as active on here as I am in other groups/forums but there have been a few people that i’ve seen that seem very professional, creative and active within the community and hopefully one of them gets a shot at the position. This forum has a much different dynamic from the other communities and I think that can be a very good thing. Although it is very unfortunate that Zeos and DMS have kind of left this project on the back burner. Hopefully the community continues to grow passively.

2 Likes

Yeah, I like how casual and friendly it (typically I guess) is, how it’s not too stuck up about stuff, and is orientated at people just having fun that also is for people of all experience levels

2 Likes

Nothing wrong with a constructive argument/disagreement which seems to be the case most of the time on here, i’ll say this is a lot more mature of a platform than Reddit that’s for sure.

I came here with this as an honest concern after Riceguru invited me over here. Looking for audiophile stuff over on another forum site I had used for computer talk, linus tech tips and reddit to be exact. They aren’t the most hospitable in comparison, especially reddit, which is why I tend to frequent here rather often reading through if anything to learn some new details ask questions or help others if at all possible despite being currently limited as a newcomer myself to the hobby. Very glad the community here is respectable, well for the most part not everyone is ultra calm lol.

1 Like

Not going to comment on other platforms lol

3 Likes

I think it’s both good and bad at the same time, but I probably shouldn’t share my reasoning publicity for this one lol

1 Like

Don’t blame you, think I can imagine a few reason pointing either way. Although you probably have a better idea than I. Anyways, long day tomorrow. Hope you guys have a good night!