Cheese appreciation thread

Sorry, thought I’d replied to you, but replied to myself instead.

1 Like

I read this as Chinese and not cheese do was prepared for a ChiFi talk.

:grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

Pretty pleased with these random selections. Some rosemary sourdough in there too.

2 Likes

I’m really not especially into cheese. But I’m so glad this thread exists, haha!

and I’d said to James…Car

1 Like

my wife n her family are from Norway and the lack of cheese in Canada is always something they lament.

1 Like

Oh yeah baby…In heaven I am :yum:

5 Likes

One supermarket find I keep on coming back to is Sainsbury’s Shropshire Red. It’s like a good, strong cheddar but is as creamy as it is deep.

1 Like

OMG, there’s a cheese thread in here. Europe the cheese paradise.
Just a few picks from the top of my heads:

1. Nederlands: Old Gouda - Cantenaar CANTENAAR | Hollandmaster
  2. Swiss: Jakobskäse Jakobskäse (€3,49/100g) – Bert & Boni Cheeserie
  3. UK: Extra mature Cheddar with Black Summer truffle Buy Truffle Trove | Extra Mature Cheddar w/ Black Summer Truffle | Snowdonia Cheese
  4. DE/CH/AU: Bergkäse (mountain cheese) in all variations Bergkäse - Wikipedia
  5. Spain: Manchego
  6. France: Camembert de Normandie
  7. Italy: Provolone
2 Likes

I’m with you on 1 and 3 :ok_hand:

We have a saying in this house. Was originally said dead-pan straight faced, unironically and completely seriously in conversation. One of my sons replied to his mother saying she couldn’t find the cheese:

“Mom… If you can’t find cheese in this house… You’re not looking very hard”.

1 Like

Primo sharp chedder:

Also, refined mild gouda:

1 Like

Todays haul :cheese: :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

Todays small haul

Tomme de Savoie

Jakobskäse

Hollandmaster - Noord Hollander Creamy Mature

2 Likes

More swag :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Ah, cheese. I like it very much, most cheeses anyway - a good Wisconsin sharp cheddar is usually what I will reach for first - that and a good Brie - but I don’t have the passion for it that I am feeling in this thread! Perhaps I should pay more attention and dive in a bit more.

Great, now I’m hungry and there is no cheese to be found! :rofl:

2 Likes

Ashes, ashes!

I LOVE cheese, but not the real stuff. :grin:

I just finished two toasted cheese sandwiches with Velveeta processed cheese. Ummm.

1 Like