Cheese appreciation thread

Now that you mention a good Brie - my wife does this baked brie thing, where she’ll sauté up a bunch of mushrooms and onions, then tops a wheel of brie with it all, pops the whole mess in the oven. When it comes out, the cheese has swelled, melted, and is amazing with crackers or as a topping for steaks.

2 Likes

who eats cheese with their whisky or other spirits?

1 Like

I’m from Wisconsin and am a wine person.
You have my attention, and support.

2 Likes

an Irjsh person that doesn’t drink whisky? WTH!

Holy shite that sounds good! I may have to show this to my bride (I have no shot of doing this! LOL!).

I’m more of a casual cheese grazer. You know, on a plate with a good cracker, bread and usually wine. I have been eating a lot of Panino’s, lately. That is a nice piece of mozzarella wrapped in Prosciutto or Salami. Really good.

You know, now that I think of it, I eat more cheese than I realize!

one of my fav snacks is heavily buttered French loaf with cheese.

On it again :cheese::heart_eyes:

2 Likes

I’ll take one of each please :joy:

1 Like

saw this and knew I had to share it here!

Happy Thanksgiving, all! Working a great cheese today.

pairing it with a tasty rosemary cracker and a nice Rodney Strong '17 Napa Valley Merlot. Each hit of flavor is fantastic! Enjoy the day,

2 Likes

@Raptor168 Made less than 100 miles from my home! Go Wisconsin!

Well how cool is that! Small world. Seriously, though, this is extremely good cheese. Like, close your eyes and let it melt in your mouth kind of cheese. Ifound it by chance. Safevway has this place where they just deposit all kinds of different cheeses. I had just picked up my wine for Thanksgiving and decided to do some cheese bin diving! Saw this one and that was it.

Enjoy your Thanksgiving day, Sir.

1 Like

Latest haul…

Montgomery Cheddar
Cave Aged Swiss Le Gruyère AOP
Truffled Spenwood
:smiley:

3 Likes

Tbh we’re blessed that this shop is (depending on where we’re moored) within 5-15 miles :pray:

https://cheese-etc.co.uk/cheese-etc-shop/cheese/hard-cheese/

1 Like

Who here tried Russian Cheese? As someone who had never been particularly fond of cheese, I held reservations about its appeal. I had sampled various types, from mild cheddar to pungent blue cheese, without finding one that truly resonated with my palate. My skepticism persisted until I encountered Russian ranch cheese balls, which would alter my perception of this dairy product forever.
Russian cheese offers a wide array of options, each boasting its own character and flavor profile. From the delicate and tangy Russian feta to the robust and nutty flavors of aged Gouda, the diversity is astounding. The availability of both soft and hard cheeses caters to every preference, allowing individuals to find their perfect match. This diversity within Russian cheese further contributed to its ability to win over even the most skeptical cheese connoisseurs.

No but with all countries cheese is always amazing :smiley: what’s it like?

I live in Wisconsin. Lots to try and enjoy, lol! Currently enjoying a very creamy smoked gouda I found.

2 Likes

Now that sounds delicious :+1:

1 Like

I love Cheddar, it is the most versatile, and good on its own, and has great texture. Also Gouda. It’s creamy and yummy)

1 Like

Gouda is soooo good-ah! :laughing: