Chi-fi Champs (IEM)

I like how they have packages like that, seems like a smart idea. I’m also surprised they have the staff pick the Shozy form 1.1, as while I liked it, I didn’t think it was something crazy or anything. But it is a nice iem

Yeah, I especially like that set one is the blons + cables + tips. It’s like they know exactly what people were going to switch out. Lol

2 Likes

I mean its also really nice for someone who wants to get into it, as they can get the right stuff just by choosing a deal package. It draws people to the cream of the crop per se

1 Like

Thats a good deal, I just got the tapes at retail and they were worth for me. Different sounding in a good way and my preferred all arounder in my above 100$ iems/ not everyday carry. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hmm. It looks like they changed up the deal package ?

It seems as they did. Strange

new chi-fi. BA+DD seems to consistently sound great so I’m pretty interested what people will think, especially for the great price.
(btw. the blue ones look beautiful)

1 Like

Im really curious abou these

2 Likes

the EA3 are the real deal… might start a thread about them if I can somehow find time for it… anyway: get the ea3… they fix all the issues the blons have while adding more strengths and coming with excellent accessoires out of the box

out of all those tips (and more), the stock tips with the black core are the best for these!!!

2 Likes

Availability appears scarce so I’m just curious to see what happens if there’s a buying frenzy in the near future. This is going to be the under $50 king for a very long while.

Interesting, I seen people say it is a better blon 03 and some say it is a better kz zs10 pro lol

They’re better than both :man_shrugging: easily. They’re probably the best under 100 bucks and one of the best under 300. Defo better than tapes or cupids. Haven’t heard t4 yet but I’d be surprised if they were much better than the ea3

I think if i’m going to replace my Blon 03’s for my outside work iem’s then i’d probably go for the SEMKARCH SKC-CNT1’s £90…I did like the sound of the 03’s but struggled to keep a good fit while working, the CNT1’s look like they’d fit well and stay in?

After a really interesting year for 2019 in the field of ChiFi in-ear headphones came to an end, I drew my personal conclusion with a few surprises.
Since January 2019, I have bought one of the top-rated ChiFi in-ears in the price range between $ 19 and $ 190 every month.
In the end, my interest is limited to the tonal qualities of the respective parts. Scope of delivery and type of construction are secondary for me.
It was simply curiosity whether some gentlemen who rated headphones on YouTube or the customer reviews on the respective buying platforms were right with their statements;

In-ears in this price range can sometimes keep up with the sound at any time, with much more expensive branded products up to the $ 1000 range. :woozy_face:

Even with a lot of effort due to tuning, some additional investments in amplifiers, cables and tips, none of the cans even makes it close to a campfire audio around the $ 1000 or a beyerdynamic xelento. Nonetheless, some of them sound really good.
There are two categories for me, the first concerns the in-ears, which are already quite good out of the box. That means usable with the supplied cables and tips.
And then the rating after I changed the cans a little.
The top three out of the box were
1.) IKKO OH10
2.) Shour Tape
3.) Tin Hifi T2
After the modding gave a completely different picture
1.) Moondrop KXXS
2.) KZ ZSX
3.) BLON BL-03
In both cases ended up on the penultimate place of the Tin HiFi P1, it needs far too much power to sound good, there is simply something missing with too many pieces of music as it has almost no bass base and the rest sounds usably good.
And in my opinion, the last place goes to the Tin Hifi T3, although it has a lot of detail to offer, it is clearly too bright and often cuts into my eardrum. Significant EQing is for both and even then the rest of the field sounds better at the most times.

2 Likes

What did you change with the KXXS? Is the IKKO OH10 similar to the Tape? what makes it better? is it because it has no 3,5khz peak?

P1’s are indeed a sound sig drug which I love too… FH7’s offer as much mid/high end detail but give you more separation with a wider sound stage and a lot better bass…I love both equally though :peace_symbol:

1 Like

The fh7 are of course a whole category above the models I tested up to $ 200.
They are perceptibly more detailed in almost all areas, a little in the heights, and in the middle and especially in the bass area, but they are really superior in the depth of the room.
They sound significantly more 3 dimensional than the rest of the IE’s.
But I also tinkered a little with the fh7 :wink:

1 Like

They are indeed a good solid iem purchase, they do lack a bit of mid/high end separation/space and sub bass responses but are banging for the price, they get an enjoyable rec from me :+1:

I changed the cable for one of the better cheaper balanced cables I think:

I run them on the balanced outputs of the headphone amplifiers.

After a lot of research I found tips that were suitable for me and sounded very good In my eyes/ears

And I have an extra rubber lining in front of the tips.
Thats it, sounds great!

1 Like

lol thought there was something more advanced, but changing cables and tips is something I do all the time.