Chi-fi Champs (IEM)

Changing tips is easy, but finding the ones that really make a significant difference can take time.
Since I don’t really like the sound of foam tips, its’s not that easy.
Try these, they actually make a difference.
Don’t ask me why :woozy_face:

1 Like

Heyo, I only have ikko oh1 and blon bl03 , like both of them but oh1 still my pick,

Do you guys think that Tanchjim Oxygen will be good upgrade from Ikko oh1 ? Or OH10 will be better ( only from sonic performance) or spend more on blessing 2 ??

Definitely agree with your under $100 assertion, under $300 is a bit of a stretch. What are you A/B’ing with that’s $300?

1 Like

Currently the TRI I3 and the oBravo Cupids. It certainly isn’t the best in that bracket but one of the best still. Having that said, I admittedly haven’t heard a ton of iems yet - I’d just wager that there are more worse iems in that bracket than there are better ones

1 Like

Truth, there’s just a ton of stuff out there! I honestly wouldn’t fault you at all if you initially said that they compete with something under $300. I could totally get behind that since they are SPECTACULAR! After a few days from my initial listen, I went back on Amazon and bought another pair for safe keeping because of the plastic build (I tend to break things easily). They’re going to reach legendary status and there doesn’t seem to be a great deal in-stock at the current moment. Me personally, I’d take the EA3 over the OH1/OH10 and KXXS’ (just a baseline from a familiarity stand point). JadeAudio’s going to be a brand that I’m going to be tracking closely from here on out.

Well, Fiio is simply a good brand now with a lot of experience in this field :wink:

http://www.jadeaudio.com/business?_l=en&article_id=25

1 Like

Yeah, I read about JadeAudio before I gave them my money (no brainer since I own the FH7’s and BTR5) but I’m really curious to see what they release under this brand. Every time I learn of a subsidiary of anything, I just immediately assume that things will be of lesser quality from their flagship products. EA3’s are anything but, so I really want to see what they do from here.

Well I mean kennerton is a subsidiary of Fisher audio and neumann is a subsidiary of Sennheiser and so on lol

1 Like

Each inferior to their parent brand. :stuck_out_tongue:

I have the Shuoer Tape and the KZ ZSX so I’m pretty much set in terms of detail and bass, what I’m missing is a set with spectacular mids and vocals because I think both of these (and also the Blons) don’t really do much for the mids.

So how’s the sound signature on the EA3 compared to those? Recessed mids again?

Hi you pros
Could use some advice please ; ]

I’m a pro drummer and use IEM as the name says - in ear monitoring. What l have and what l’m looking for:
l have the Tin T2 - nice - not enough detail and realism for monitoring, also form factor not ideal for the stage. They’re OK.
zs10pro - very very nice for music - my dad loves them so l gave them to him.
ZSX - l like them but like the zs10pro the bass/sub bass can be tiring for long sessions - in music and in monitoring live. They have more separation and deeper stage than the zs10pro. The 2 KZs l have experience with have lots of detail in the mids but they are not mid focused like monitoring should somewhat be.
Fiio FH1 - all things considered - not bad at all! lush mids and sub bass is not tiring. Very light and comfortable.
Had the TRN BA5 for a short time. Not comfortable for me at all. Something with the angles and they created a lot[!] of air pressure…not enough vents or something. l partially solved it by punching holes in the tips l use to let air out. Just as l was beginning to enjoy them with their somewhat mid-centric sound and fine details - the left earphone shorted and partially stopped working… weird. Sent them back for a refund ; /

So l’m still on the lookout for a balanced budget IEM, with detailed mids and not V or U shaped signature without tiring treble or a bass that’s just too strong.
l can’t yet step into the $100+ range like the Magaosi K5… or Shure SE series.
So its funny but the FH1 for now do the trick for me live. Its balanced enough and mid centric enough for now. They never cause any fatigue honestly.
The ZSX l enjoy for some music no doubt.
So here steps in the Shozy 1.1 - can these fill this role as a monitoring IEM in the true sense? The mids on the 1.1 are close to the BA5? Less? More? The bass is “too” boomy?
Should l go for BA only set ? Like the KZ AS06 ?
Should l consider the guideray GR-i ?
l think l won’t give the BA5 another try mostly because of fit. The sound was pretty detailed with slight sibilance but the bass was not tiring which is a plus.

Should l spend more and go for Shozy cp3 or Magaosi k5? The midrange clarity is that much better?
[l prefer 2 pin connector to mmcx…]

l will be happy to hear your experience with these IEMs ; ]

Thanks !

Personally I would save some money and then get a cheaper pair of customs (if you are a drummer for a career or do it alot), I think that would be much more satisfactory and better for your use case. You can get an entry level custom for like 400 ish (with some possibly extra cost for getting impressions)

l have something against the molding process… too invasive to me.
And l heard that with a well fitting tip, the seal can be better than customs.
Also, the ear changes and every 5 6 years l will need a new mold probably.
So l have some cons to customs… but it’s not off the table.
And with that said… a BA only set is the way for a mid focused and detail ?
Thanks M0N ; ]

As far as shape, the FH1/Shure Se/Shozy CP3 just nailed it.
The ZSX shape also has a terrific fit with its curves… so lm more in search of the sound and less for design or fit. l can manage the fit ; ]

You can also get some custom tips for universals if you wanted to try customs

I think a good custom would steal better than a universal, and also the customs tend to sound more neural to the ears than some of the universal versions of the same iem

Personally for something neutral possibly in your range would be the Etymotic ER2SE imo

Also the Sony MH755 might be something to check out lol. Final Audio E3000 as well

1 Like

l think that’s because of less bass as a result of less “seal” and less “pressurization” but l night be wrong.

Thanks for helping ; ]

Someone with the same interest, maybe it will help you?

https://youtu.be/0-rPMV9r8Fs

These are of course regarded as a standard, at least some of their models. But l do need the cable to loop around the ear. So these are less fitting for the stage and more for home/studio ; ]

Not necessary, sometimes a good custom can be overwhelming with the bass response because of the better seal. Typically with customs you end up having some pressure issues because they seal too well so a fair amount of manufactures have to add vents or things to help maintain a good balance of pressure. Why I say they typically sound more neutral is because they are made around your ear, and the shape of your ear plays a part in determining how things sound. I don’t associate neutral with less bass, it depends on your definition of neutral

1 Like

Gotcha, yeah then some of the other options others have mentioned would be better

1 Like