šŸ”· Creative Aurvana Live!

Sometimes I think my ear is way off the mark because I dont really find these to be v shaped and though it has been awhile since Iā€™ve owned and listened to the cal I agreed with @Antpage2 assessment in these sounding dark :man_shrugging:

M0N says these are slightly V shaped if that says anythingā€¦ not that certain ears will hear things differently though.

Yeah I donā€™t know if I would personally call these dark, but they arenā€™t bright

1 Like

I might buy these again at some pointā€¦ sold them to a friend after he heard themā€¦ just did the same thing with the 58x lolā€¦ spreading audio love since 2019 :sunglasses:

Iā€™ve had my CALā€™s for 4 years. They ainā€™t dark but are v shaped. You might need to burn them in and listen to them more to adjust to the sound.

3 Likes

The biodynas do need some time to flex and loosen up a bit

1 Like

Yep, seems to need it more often with bios

I reccomend meze 99 pads on them. Makes the sound more spacious and balances the sound better. I use the emu Purplehearts but it should improve both

3 Likes

How do those purplehearts compare? Always been curious

Iā€™ve never heard the original CAL so I dunno lol

1 Like

Any other pad recommendations for the CAL!? Besides the meze 99 pads

1 Like

found these:

Ah I ordered these from aliexpress, just interested to see if thereā€™s any other pad combos that I could try. Lurking around old headfi forum posts, someone put HM5 pads on these lol

That sounds like a fun combo!

What size did you get?

asking a local shop to see if they still sell the ear pads. Only see people using them with emu purplehearts, curious to try now lol

1 Like

Iā€™ve tried Brainwavz angled oval pleather on them. While theyā€™re very comfortable, it sounded a little hollow, Iā€™m guessing because of the extra space from the driver.

Iā€™ve been very happy with protein leather version of these: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32898660923.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.5de64c4dMaYIBr. The earholes are larger than the stock so a lot more comfortable for me. Though with whatā€™s going on in China, donā€™t know if there will be delays.

hows the fit? tight, loose?

Fits well, slightly larger than stock I believe. Iā€™ll try to get a picture later.

1 Like

thanks, appreciate it