Custom cable gallery

I posted this on another forum as well

I’m after cables. I like the look of the Kimber Axios. The wood and weaving are at a stunning level. Are there any other suggestions, for cables with that quality of workmanship?

The weave looks quite like Capistrano stuff to me, although I don’t think they do wood connectors

I’ve been on his Etsy page but say’s his not available. I’ve messaged Skedra and Norne about cables but didn’t hear back from either, at this point I’m thinking of just building my own. I’m a machinist so the wood will be no issue, I’ve done a blank on pine as a test. It’s the rest that will be huge trial and error for me.

Only tangentially audio related:

Parts list:

2 Likes

I mailed Plussound, Christian responded immediately. Level of service was so impressive. Decided to go with him.

1 Like

First time building an XLR cable and I’m very happy with the result.

Canare L-4E6S wire.
Neutrik connectors.
MDPC-X sleeving.

I’m using these cables with an SMSL M300 MKII and Kali Audio LP6.

10 Likes

Nicely done - taking the extra step to add in R&L indicators is a class touch !

1 Like

nicely done :star_struck:
i simply did use blue and red microphone wire for mine XD

1 Like

Hey guys. I’m trying to decide on the spec of my next cable. Whats your favorite 4-core weaves? Want to keep weight down but I don’t know of weave I like under 8 cores :confused:

This time I did an XLR cable for my microphone with an on/off switch.

9 Likes

Not a proper dump but here’s some stuff!

Going to launch these for the D10 balanced next month I think, (in our normal colorways tho)

I took my first real vacation since HAC started. Ruined this Fiio X5 while there too : (

4 Likes

looking good as always! i especially like the black and white diamond pattern :heart:

1 Like

OCC Copper litz
Jack 3.5 Neutrik
Splitter and mmcx Plussound.

4 Likes

Welcome to HiFiguides!

Lovely cable you have there. Great pics!

2 Likes

I plan to drive a ground rod at this greenhouse and bond it to the neutral buss on the electric panel as well as to the extruded aluminum frame of the greenhouse.

1. I believe most of the Sparkies will state that the Neutral needs to be the same size as the 10ga wires. Down sizing a Neutral is usually because there are 240v loads in the building.
  2. I think the Sparkies will treat this as a Building and want the Neutral and the Ground Bus bars isolated from each other thus requiring 2 Ground Rods not 1.
  3. I do not foresee a problem with running the Conduit up inside the Structure.

In conclusion then requiring pulling a 4th Wire (Green) as a Ground Conductor back to the Source. This Wire could probably be 12ga?

Since I am NOT qualified in any regard to work on mains systems, I would strongly recommend you have a certified sparki help you on this.

1 Like

i am not an electrician. lets get that outa the way. you want the ground to be able to handle the amount of load going to it. otherwise it will, and i don’t know what the terminology properly is, get to hot and melt insulation/potentially start fires.

i would highly recommend using the same gauge as the leads. even with 2 different grounds, it doesnt not mean they will split the load. the whole load could go to that 1 wire you want to make a lesser gauge, thereby potentially over charging it and possibly causing a fire.

Here’s some recent stuff:

13 Likes

Been a little bit since a picture dump. Some neat stuff here since we had to make a bunch of things and take pictures to support the new site updates I talked about here. TL;DR we also finally made a discount code for HiFiGuides Members: HFG22 :+1:t4: :+1:t4:

Lots more in the bank but I’ll stop here. It’s probably already too much.

7 Likes

We can’t let the thread die!! Here’s some more various HAC BS from the last few months:

My personal set that I rarely get to use : (

![PXL_20220921_205411315.PORTRAIT_3|499x500, 75%](upload://5euXaou8szvJsdYwuJFrTcvxH0I.jpeg

Dabbling / prepping a premium line with silver cable / connectors etc.

Budget stuff always

Daily Drivers

We can make balanced cables for HD560S, 598 599 etc. and NDH20 / 30 too evidently…

These retro handhelds have become a problem for me

Final message regarding holiday orders using a picture of a pal wearing the ridiculous looking R9 headphones:

6 Likes