Custom cable gallery

Not a proper dump but here’s some stuff!

Going to launch these for the D10 balanced next month I think, (in our normal colorways tho)

I took my first real vacation since HAC started. Ruined this Fiio X5 while there too : (

4 Likes

looking good as always! i especially like the black and white diamond pattern :heart:

1 Like

OCC Copper litz
Jack 3.5 Neutrik
Splitter and mmcx Plussound.

4 Likes

Welcome to HiFiguides!

Lovely cable you have there. Great pics!

2 Likes

I plan to drive a ground rod at this greenhouse and bond it to the neutral buss on the electric panel as well as to the extruded aluminum frame of the greenhouse.

1. I believe most of the Sparkies will state that the Neutral needs to be the same size as the 10ga wires. Down sizing a Neutral is usually because there are 240v loads in the building.
  2. I think the Sparkies will treat this as a Building and want the Neutral and the Ground Bus bars isolated from each other thus requiring 2 Ground Rods not 1.
  3. I do not foresee a problem with running the Conduit up inside the Structure.

In conclusion then requiring pulling a 4th Wire (Green) as a Ground Conductor back to the Source. This Wire could probably be 12ga?

Since I am NOT qualified in any regard to work on mains systems, I would strongly recommend you have a certified sparki help you on this.

1 Like

i am not an electrician. lets get that outa the way. you want the ground to be able to handle the amount of load going to it. otherwise it will, and i don’t know what the terminology properly is, get to hot and melt insulation/potentially start fires.

i would highly recommend using the same gauge as the leads. even with 2 different grounds, it doesnt not mean they will split the load. the whole load could go to that 1 wire you want to make a lesser gauge, thereby potentially over charging it and possibly causing a fire.

Here’s some recent stuff:

13 Likes

Been a little bit since a picture dump. Some neat stuff here since we had to make a bunch of things and take pictures to support the new site updates I talked about here. TL;DR we also finally made a discount code for HiFiGuides Members: HFG22 :+1:t4: :+1:t4:

Lots more in the bank but I’ll stop here. It’s probably already too much.

7 Likes

We can’t let the thread die!! Here’s some more various HAC BS from the last few months:

My personal set that I rarely get to use : (

![PXL_20220921_205411315.PORTRAIT_3|499x500, 75%](upload://5euXaou8szvJsdYwuJFrTcvxH0I.jpeg

Dabbling / prepping a premium line with silver cable / connectors etc.

Budget stuff always

Daily Drivers

We can make balanced cables for HD560S, 598 599 etc. and NDH20 / 30 too evidently…

These retro handhelds have become a problem for me

Final message regarding holiday orders using a picture of a pal wearing the ridiculous looking R9 headphones:

6 Likes