Custom cable gallery

Some day I’m gonna make up my mind as to exactly what I want to do for a custom order. Too many options…

Don’t worry though, that hasn’t stopped me from sending any money your way already. I’ve already got stock red HC-9, HC-1, IC-6, and Multi-Kit 2…

1 Like

Any experience with this connector https://www.audiophonics.fr/en/xlr-plugs/wm-audio-xlr-92g-gold-plated-3-way-male-xlr-connector-o8mm-unit-p-3679.html

1 Like

Time for some more:

First, we finally launched some cables for the dual 2-pin fostex cans and the HD800 line of Sennheisers, here’s some pics of those cables:

Of course we have to goof off with custom stuff too:

And then I forgot to set aside a pic of a stock fostex cable, but here’s a custom one:

Ok on to more random stuff:

The steadily requested NDH20 cable:

Sometimes you need even more ground:

Thought the lighting was nice

Mr. Speakers

IEM Stuff:

Braided stuff getting requested more frequently:

Not everything has to be modular.

And here’s a few more bread and butter stragglers I like the look of:

Alright before I end it… Reminder that if you’re an HFG member email us if you’d like a discount (it’s nothing too crazy, but a nod to the HFG community so shh haha) with your order. That being said, don’t do that this weekend, cause you can use the code MIDYEARGEAR21 to get 10% off through Tuesday.

Hope everyone has a great holiday.

14 Likes

i am jealous for the first time in my life , never thought it would be for some cables lol

1 Like

Have to say i like the all white cables. They look really good. :sunglasses:

1 Like

This looks very similar to the stuff Rean / Neutrik get and slap their name on (or what we get and don’t put a logo on). NC3MX-B or NC4MX-B are the Neutrik part numbers. I’d assume it’s about the same as the Neutrik stuff I mentioned. And if you’ve never used those, they’re solid :+1:t3:.

Thanks, AFAIK Neutrik makes the connectors themselves, the one on Aliexpress looks like a Neutrik clone but it looks better than the WM so I will roll the dice.

Can I just say that we need more white cables?

I feel like I haven’t seen many of them. @brux is one of the few companies that even make the connectors white :exploding_head:

I don’t know about others, but I find white cables so clean and sexyy

1 Like

sigh its out of stock now

Email JT he’s notorious for not keeping stock up to date on his site :+1:

1 Like

I posted this on another forum as well

I’m after cables. I like the look of the Kimber Axios. The wood and weaving are at a stunning level. Are there any other suggestions, for cables with that quality of workmanship?

The weave looks quite like Capistrano stuff to me, although I don’t think they do wood connectors

I’ve been on his Etsy page but say’s his not available. I’ve messaged Skedra and Norne about cables but didn’t hear back from either, at this point I’m thinking of just building my own. I’m a machinist so the wood will be no issue, I’ve done a blank on pine as a test. It’s the rest that will be huge trial and error for me.

Only tangentially audio related:

Parts list:

2 Likes

I mailed Plussound, Christian responded immediately. Level of service was so impressive. Decided to go with him.

1 Like

First time building an XLR cable and I’m very happy with the result.

Canare L-4E6S wire.
Neutrik connectors.
MDPC-X sleeving.

I’m using these cables with an SMSL M300 MKII and Kali Audio LP6.

10 Likes

Nicely done - taking the extra step to add in R&L indicators is a class touch !

1 Like

nicely done :star_struck:
i simply did use blue and red microphone wire for mine XD

1 Like

Hey guys. I’m trying to decide on the spec of my next cable. Whats your favorite 4-core weaves? Want to keep weight down but I don’t know of weave I like under 8 cores :confused:

This time I did an XLR cable for my microphone with an on/off switch.

9 Likes